SGN Team Leader Reviews

SGN CEO John Morea
John Morea

"Team leader"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Dundee, Scotland, Scotland

I have been working at SGN full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good teams, high work morale.

Cons

Very long hours especially in the winter.

June 28, 2019Employee Experience Officer

Thanks a million for your rating and review! Winter is our busiest time which means the demand on our people can increase considerably. We want to make sure we strike a balance that works for our business and our people so we’re reviewing our arrangements for managing working time and fatigue in conjunction with our Trade Union representatives. It’s great to hear that you’ve got a great team and morale is high in Dundee! Thanks again for your review.

2. "Nice job, could do with improvements."

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Team Leader

I have been working at SGN full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good development for new starters Good pay Training resources online

Cons

Lack of communication Broken promises by management Short staff for workloads

February 5, 2021Employee Experience Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Covid has presented us with a series of challenges which we’ve been working hard to overcome. As you might expect, some of our colleagues have been shielding, isolating and quarantining which has had an impact on resource levels. This coupled with the reality that many colleagues are now home-schooling their children, we know there will be an impact on outputs but we also know that everyone is doing the best they can and we really appreciate your efforts during this challenging time. With rules and restrictions constantly changing, our managers are having to adapt at short notice and we’re trying to make sure that important messages are communicated effectively. Since the start of Covid we’ve made great efforts to ensure that training and development at SGN doesn’t stop, so it’s great to hear your positive feedback about our eLearning packages. We’re committed to continually improving so will take your feedback on board and hope you share more insights and examples with our third Covid-19 survey that launched this week. Many thanks for your review and your 8+ years at SGN – hope you continue to keep safe and well.

"Honest opinion"

Current Employee - FCO/Team Leader in Dunfermline, Scotland, Scotland

I have been working at SGN full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great pay if your willing to put the hours in. Pension Scheme has improved recently. A few decent company benefits such as cheaper Gym membership, Cycle to work scheme etc. Job security as long as you follow rules and procedures. Great opportunities for further development. All round decent job.

Cons

I am multi skilled. Fully trained team leader and FCO. Fully trained in Industrual Commercial work and take on projects often. I'm also a district assessor and I receive no extra pay for taking on these duties. Industrial Commercial tickets are required and that part of the gas safe has to be renewed every 5 years. This is harder than the normal gas safe and the day to day work holds much more responsibility. Other staff get paid more for extra responsibility so i feel there is an unfair pay issue. Long hours with unpaid breaks can lead to fatigue especially in the busy winter months.

May 24, 2019Employee Experience Officer

The following response has been provided by Val Scott, HR Business Partner: Thanks so much for sharing your feedback. Like you pointed out in your review, we’ve got a lot to offer! A few of the improvements that you highlighted (discounted gym memberships and improved pension terms) were introduced as a result of employee feedback. We really value feedback and its ideas and suggestions like these that allow us to keep improving our employee offering. If you have concerns about your remuneration, I’d be happy to have a confidential discussion. You can contact me on val.scott@sgn.co.uk or my number is available on DigitalHub.

4. "Good"

4.0
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at SGN full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good team and good working conditions

Cons

I have no cons to give about them

August 14, 2019Employee Experience Officer

Thanks so much for your positive review. It’s great to see you only have good things to say about working at SGN. We value suggestions from all of our people and we’ll be re-introducing our employee opinion survey next month to give our people the chance to have their say. Make sure to fill it out and encourage your team to get involved too!

5. "Status"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Dundee, Scotland, Scotland

I have been working at SGN full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Work as part of a team

Cons

Called out at 3am sometimes

April 30, 2019Employee Experience Officer

Thanks very much for leaving us a review. We value all employee feedback.

"Working for SGN"

5.0
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Horley, Surrey, South East England, England, England

I have been working at SGN full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

SGN is a large, experienced company and although only set up in 2005 is made up of people and teams who have been working in the Gas Industry for many years. Some of our best managers have come up through the ranks having joined as apprentices at age 16. I myself have been with the company in various identities for 37 years. The salaries are competitive. The company is a leader in innovation, environmental efficiencies, health and safety of its staff, procedures and the public. There are many opportunities to develop and climb the ladder if you desire but you are also supported should you want to your career in the same role or team. There is a great camaraderie and social scene in most teams and colleagues have made friends for life. There are many company benefits and all staff are encouraged to support the community and charities within our footprint.

Cons

None that I can think of.

October 11, 2017Employee Experience Team

Thanks for taking the time to leave a positive review of your experiences of working at SGN. You've got a great story to tell and I'm sure your review will be helpful to potential candidates.

7. "Team leader"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Yarnton, England, England

I have been working at SGN full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Everyday is different it's not like working in the same place

Cons

We are a 24 hr service sometimes you got no choice but to just work on

August 10, 2017Head of Employee Experience

Thanks for taking the time to give your feedback. It’s good to hear that every day is different for you. After working at SGN for 10 years you clearly enjoy your job and the difference you make for our customers. We endeavour to ensure we plan jobs with welfare facilities in mind, but when not available (because the job might be too small), our employees are provided with flexibility and common sense arrangements should apply.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Popular Careers with SGN Job Seekers