SITA UK Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

David Palmer-Jones
  1. "Not bad"

Former Employee - Senior Contract Administrator

I worked at SITA UK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good worki ethics, ability to work from any locations or from home. I soon realised I. Was not just a payroll number but an actual person. They went beyond my expectations and helped me.

Cons

Difficult to get into the career path I had chosen, job title kept changing yet it was the same job I had been employed to do.

Advice to Management

Listen to good staff and retain them.

SITA UK2016-03-05
  2. "Management needs to change"

Former Employee - Supervisor/HGV Driver in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at SITA UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly and helpful staff. I was lucky to have good team around during my time. Some are still in contact

Cons

Better management will improve the firm immensely, Too much emphasis on cutting operational cost leading management cutting corners and laying off staff unnecessarily.

Advice to Management

Change the management style and give proper training to staff especially on health and safety

SITA UK2017-06-25
  3. "site operative"

I have been working at SITA UK full-time

Pros

good training always have the ppe

Cons

money dropped 15percrnt over 3 years

SITA UK2016-09-29
    • "Jobs for the boys"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Maidenhead, England

I worked at SITA UK

Pros

The parent company and associated businesses, plus the existing infrastructure provide a basis provide an industry leading overall service provision.

Cons

The lack of clear strategy, the silo culture, the overwhelming perception of a failing senior management team who are only interested in their own interests, the lack of activity, under compensation and over expectation of the staff, (expect if you are amongst the senior management team) and manipulation of the you say employee engagement - why spend all that time, money and effort if you don't act in the feedback??!!...

Advice to Management

Listen to your workforce, act on the You Say feedback, remove the silo's and pay people commensurate to their ability, efforts and in line to the value they add to the business!

SITA UK2016-04-24
    • "Poor Leadership & Rudderless Direction"

Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at SITA UK

Pros

Interesting industry with innovative solutions

Cons

Poor leadership at senior level Silo mentality across business groups Lacking clear strategy for business growth unmotivated / disengaged front-line staff

Advice to Management

Fix a strategy and stick with it. Stop the bickering / blame-culture between business areas within Sita. More proactive engagement needed with first-level employees.

SITA UK2016-04-20
    • "new starter review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
      No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at SITA UK full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Genuinely comes across as a company who invests in the people, and then allows development and progression. I knew several people who worked for Sita before I started- they are all of similar opinions

Cons

There does seem to be a small amount of empire building, but I think this is less than at some other energy Companies

SITA UK2016-02-03
    • "Supervisor"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Redditch, England

I worked at SITA UK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Co workers are brilliant to work with

Cons

Get called in at short notice so can't plan anything with family and friends.

Advice to Management

Fix the place and don't hire druggies.

SITA UK2016-01-11
    • "AS AND WHEN NEEDED"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Morecambe, England

I have been working at SITA UK for more than 5 years

Pros

Very little pros from this title, is of a true opinion from me with this firm, this title gives an employer no recognition to the difficulty's caused by this kind of contract , the pressure to for-fill this role in call out to cover sites are not recognized by other full time members in their working procedures as key players, also the feeling is of the same from supervisors.

Cons

In my reality experienced, this title is being abused, or can be on , its who one knows ! Example, if one did not turn up on a call and demand , unlikely to get another call, until one has felt its intimidation in a months wages showing , what I am trying to point out to management is of great concerns unforeseen.

Advice to Management

Recognize this title is a key role in this employment, could be worth considering for long term employed by this contract a guaranteed minimum weekly income when no work available because, permanent staff , don't want to take a : said holiday at them times of year. As and when, are inadequately represented and separated from many issues and discussions that can arise! Regardless to valued points raised.

SITA UK2015-12-19
    • "Experience depends on your line manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at SITA UK for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company that invests in its employees (if you have a line manager who is supportive) If you have a great line managers then it is a great place to work. Good work is identified and praised. Part of a larger group so opportunities to move around the group / world Very generous expenses policy if you have to stay away from home. Senior management communicate with all employees showing that they are real people...

Cons

Salary below average and benefits have to compensate to "boost" the overall package. Certain regions operate on a who you know, not what you know basis. Senior management do not always get a true reflection of the grass roots of the business. Some incidents tend to get brushed under the carpet instead of being dealt with.

Advice to Management

Identify individuals who are taking a corporate "jolly" and manage them out of the business.

SITA UK2015-10-22
    • "SITA UK"

Current Employee - Trading Manager in Maidenhead, England

I have been working at SITA UK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Challenging, result driven, family culture

Cons

High pressure and sometimes silo mantality

SITA UK2015-10-14