SSE Analyst Programmer Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Alistair Phillips-Davies
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Work hard and you can go far"

Current Employee - Analyst Programmer in Havant, England
    Current Employee - Analyst Programmer in Havant, England

I have been working at SSE full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great working atmosphere, people are generally good, obviously there are going to some poor ones. Staff benefits are really good and include, sharessave scheme where you buy share s at a 20% discount, shares sip buy 3 shares and they give you 6 free ones (yes 6 free!!), pension where at minimum they match but long service means I put in 6% and they 12%. Staff discount on energy bills, holiday plus so you can buy up to 2 weeks extra holiday, car lease scheme.......need I go on.

I started 14 years ago in the call centre, planned to stay 6 months....now work in It on £500 million project to deliver smart meters and earn 4 times what I did when I started. I have industry recognised skills and could probably go else where and earn more money but I love working for them.

Cons

Too many freeloaders whose managers are not strong enough to manage them out. Change can be resisted by those not engaged.

Advice to Management

Contractor's are not always better value, make sure you take the time to review sse employees views before renewing contract. Create more junior positions to give progression to unskilled staff.

2. "SSE Good generally but management level not good"

Current Employee - Analyst Programmer in Portsmouth, South East England, England

Pros

The general people that work there are excellent

Cons

Promotion prospects are nill. Management at some levels bad.

Advice to Management

Sort out job and work recoginition. Make your employees feel they are wanted and show you understand their contribution. Reward hard work