SSE CSA Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

SSE CEO Alistair Phillips-Davies
Alistair Phillips-Davies

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"Not worth the stress really"

Current Employee - CSA in Glasgow, Scotland
    Current Employee - CSA in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at SSE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Reasonable Salary for the role

Cons

- Work Life Balance - The stress is insane having to apologise to every single customer you deal with. How can it be sincere when we have a culture of giving away money just to keep people happy.
    - Progression only if your face fits and you suck up to every idea, even when you know it is crazy
    - Managers who are completely clueless and not fit to lead
    - Sickness process. I took badly ill and was signed off for 2 weeks on the monday, yet I was asked to come in for a face to face meeting that same week even with a GP's line. With a follow up a week after that. Stop working us to the bone and allow your staff to get better.
    - HOLIDAYS!! At the time of writing, I checked the next available full week off and it is 13 months away.. No wonder people go off sick.

Advice to Management

Multi-skill everyone. In regards to telephony/call centres so many other suppliers have one person able to do everything, if we could do that without having to phone 143 different people. Stop cheaping out on licenses for software and provide us with the tools we need to do our job.

Actually treat your staff like adults - In my team of 8 i know of 4 currently taking interviews elsewhere and we've only been here a year.

If you are going to expect staff to provide the best level of service and efficiency you need to recognise this. If 50% (and higher) of the staff just want to rant about the job, surely you need to realise something isn't right.

2. "Terrible"

Current Employee - CSA in Havant, England

I have been working at SSE part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good hours for working mums
    Pay not bad

Cons

One of those places if your face fits you'll be ok. Not interested in people just bums on seats and hands on the phones. Not a customer service role as advertised but a target driven role with selling involved. If you don't hit targets you'll lose your job, if you have more than 1 day sick during probation you'll lose your job. Probation invariably lasts 9 months so you need to be extremely healthy to pull that one off or at least be happy to attend work while ill. Health and safety at work is well over the top, you will be challenged if you use stairs without holding the handrail. It's worse than being t school.

Advice to Management

Needs a complete overhaul, managers are not allowed to manage and wannabe managers strut round the place trying to be important and do nothing.

"Hardwork gets you nowhere!"

Current Employee - CSA in Havant, England

Pros

Meet nice people and good money

Cons

Progression is poor if your don't have a face that fits

"CSA"

Current Employee - CSA in Portsmouth, South East England, England
    Current Employee - CSA in Portsmouth, South East England, England

I have been working at SSE (More than 3 years)

Pros

Staff benefits, on-site canteen, cycle to work scheme and being able to purchase extra holiday.

Cons

A lot of whistle-blowing, micromanagement, over the top on safety and very target driven. Not enough spaces to park on-site. You therefore have to park in residential areas with a walk of at least 15-20 minutes.

Advice to Management

Be less bureaucratic, listen to your team members. When giving feedback, don't be demoralising and sanctimonious.