SThree Reviews

Updated 11 May 2020

3.9
SThree CEO Mark Dorman (no image)
Mark Dorman
Pros
  • "Not too overly complex work; like the work environment and coworkers(in 22 reviews)

• "work hard play hard’ environment you will thrive(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Highly recommend for career progression!"

Former Employee - Consultant in Bristol, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at SThree full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great career progression path Encouraging environment Excellent rewards/benefits scheme

Cons

Working against other agencies within our company

SThree2020-01-15

January 17, 2020Employer Branding

2. "Great place to cut your teeth, but not the company it once was!"

2.0
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at SThree full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You can earn a lot of money You can build a successful career if everything goes your way

Cons

This is not a bitter ex- employee trying to bad mouth S3, just to give prospective employees a realistic view of what to expect in recruitment as a whole and the way S3 works. The job is tough, regardless of where you work, long hours, constant rejection from companies, draconian style KPI’s to hit which hinders more than helps you achieve the end goal. The reality is very few succeed in recruitment and make good money, for example a team of 15 recruiters all working different markets, only a max of 3 will earn six figure salaries, the other 12 will either struggle or bill average amounts which will earn you a half decent salary, not enough to warrant the stuff you’ll have to deal with and the time invested. If you earn less than £40k in recruitment it’s not worth the stress, I promise you!!! Working as an agency recruiter is getting tougher as more agencies flood the market and companies work smarter to recruit in-house teams to save money. SThree are quite stubborn in the way they work, they will not embrace new ways of communicating and dealing with clients. As you build up your client base through sheer hard work, your manager will find a way to ruin the relationship to their own advantage to prop up the figures, by being too greedy on fees. As a result, you’ll lose repeat business and rely solely on new business, you’ll need both to be successful in this job. You'll need to be made of strong stuff, even the most resilient of people will struggle when the pressure mounts to bill every month to do placements . Under achievers don’t last, you need to be mentally strong, determined, shrewd and smart in the way you work. Recruiters generally are not nice people, accept that and focus on what you’re doing, recruiters will throw you under a bus to gain an advantage over you. If you bill well, for example 5-10 deals per month, then the money will slowly roll in, lunch clubs, trips abroad, fancy cars and the like. You’ll also look forward to rising through the ranks and promotion will quickly follow, based on billings mainly, not whether you can actually manage a team of recruiters. I would strongly advise if looking to get into recruitment for the first time, then you need to choose wisely which firm you work for, as the wrong decision could see you spiralling out of control and job hop from recruiter to another recruiter very quickly. This is because you are given less time to succeed/bill as you gain more experience. Having said that, I worked with a consultant at S3 who did not bill for 12 months, left then went to a competitor and has been a top biller for the last 5 years and is now a Director. So if it doesn't work out, there is a chance you'll flourish elsewhere. SThree is not the company it once was say 10-15 years ago, the commission structure was excellent then and the brand was sought after in the market, the elite recruiters all worked at SThree. Due to the working practices of various recruiters (past and present), and the pressures to meet certain rigid KPI’s means recruiters are forced to do unnecessary emails and phone calls in volume which irritates clients, which has meant the brand now has a negative reputation in the market. To restore S3 to the previous glory years and attract the best recruiters, it needs to improve the commission model OR offer a higher basic salary, and be more flexible/adaptable to change in the way it operates in the market place.

SThree2020-04-29
  3. "No diversification at management level"

Former Employee - Senior SAP Consultant in London, England

I worked at SThree full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Salaries above market and good work/life balance

Cons

Too slow to apply innovations

SThree2020-03-05

"Review"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I have been working at SThree full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great platform to build your business

Cons

Commission structure is rather poor in relation to other firms

SThree2019-11-18

November 19, 2019Employer Branding

Thanks so much for your feedback - I'm so glad to hear you are enjoying your experience with SThree! As a global recruitment business, we're currently reviewing our pay and commission structure at every level. We're passionate about making sure our people are rewarded appropriately for the great work they do and recognise the importance of continuously reviewing this.

5. "Good company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at SThree full-time for more than a year

Pros

work-life balance, holidays, collaborative work culture

Cons

lack of engagement frim business heads

SThree2019-10-25

November 19, 2019Employer Branding

6. "Great Place to learn youur trade"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I worked at SThree full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Highly Structured training plan Fun social environment Awesome CRM

Cons

Terrible commission Not the best reputation in the market.

SThree2019-10-20

November 19, 2019Employer Branding

Thanks for getting in touch with us. As a global recruitment business, we're currently reviewing our pay and commission structure at every level. We're passionate about making sure our people are rewarded appropriately for the great work they do and recognise the importance of continuously reviewing this. Thanks for sharing your comments with us, this really does help us to make SThree a great place to work!

7. "Good company to work for"

Former Employee - Manager in London, England

I worked at SThree full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good company to work for due to: Great people Ambitious company Internal opportunities Good incentives Strong culture

Cons

Sometimes it was about who you got on with rather than how well you performed

SThree2019-09-02

September 20, 2019Employer Branding

I'm so glad to hear about your experience with SThree - thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! It's great to hear that you're enjoying working at SThree! We've worked hard to create a positive environment in which our people feel supported throughout their career - so it's amazing to hear how much you enjoy our inclusive and sociable culture.

8. "Good Place"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Manchester, England

I have been working at SThree full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

People genuinely care about employees

Cons

No major concerns or issues

SThree2019-08-09

September 20, 2019Employer Branding

Thanks so much for your feedback - I'm so glad to hear you're enjoying your time at SThree!

9. "Sthree has a great culture"

Former Employee - Candidate Resourcer in Glasgow, Scotland

I worked at SThree full-time for less than a year

Pros

great culture, good incentives such as free bar events and lunches.

Cons

pay was quite low for what we were bringing in

SThree2019-07-16

August 7, 2019Employer Branding

Thanks so much for your feedback - I'm so glad to hear your time at SThree! We're proud to have a culture that rewards our people for the great work they do.

10. "Review"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at SThree full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Excellent training and development - Good support from managers and people around you - Family feel - Clear progression - Lots of opportunities and different career paths to take within the business - Amazing incentives

Cons

- Not many cons that i can think of from my time there - Some managers throughout the business can be very numbers focused

SThree2019-07-01

July 19, 2019Employer Branding

I'm so glad to hear that you're enjoying the training at SThree! Our learning and development team are always looking at ways our training programmes can be refined, so it's brilliant to hear that you've got the tools to really excel in your career. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Found 221 reviews