SThree Reviews

Updated Dec 19, 2021

Found 333 of over 577 reviews

3.9
SThree CEO Mark Dorman (no image)
Mark Dorman
Pros
  • "quite happy to work here in Sthree SINGAPORE(in 42 reviews)

• "Good work environment and growth potential(in 26 reviews)

• Cons
  • "This company manipulates you by showing how much money some of their recruiters make but they use a horrible work life balance as the key goal(in 24 reviews)

• "micromanagement, long hours, lack of leadership(in 18 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Excellent business

Jun 16, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Birmingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management, Salary, Team spirit, camaraderie, training

Cons

Long hours, inflexibility etc etc etc

Employer Branding

Thanks for your comments - hearing feedback like this is really helpful and allows us to look at ways to continually improve our business. It’s encouraging to hear that you were surrounded by great people because we know how important this is to your wellbeing and enjoying yourself at work. Our teammates are one of our favourite things about SThree too. We’re also glad to hear that you enjoyed our training! Our learning and development team are always looking at ways our training programmes can be refined, so it's brilliant to hear that you were given the tools to really excel in your career.

2. 4.0

Great company

Nov 10, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for, amazing training and development provided and great atmosphere. Work incentives are really good too

Cons

Needs a better commission structure

Employer Branding

Thanks for your comments - hearing feedback like this is helpful and we're glad you enjoyed your time with us. It’s great that you felt supported in your career at SThree. We know how important it is to make sure people have the tools to succeed and are encouraged to develop. That’s why we’re always building on and improving our training.

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good but could be better

Nov 4, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some good incentives, free tea and coffee

Cons

Lots of micromanagement, top billers promoted to managers, which is a different skillset

Employer Branding

Thank you for your feedback we really appreciate it - hearing information like this really does help us to identify necessary changes and look at ways we can make SThree a great place for our people and customers.

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Interesting times

Oct 14, 2021 - Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hard for me to be current with my pros and cons as I came in when the old guard was there and when the new guard were brought in, then on top of that a change of CEO whose impact is still filtering through from what I hear - really good work/life balance - approachable staff on almost all levels - my manager was very good in treating people like adults - good business model, from a finance perspective, with the focus on contractor business, instead of perm business

Cons

- there was a certain level of "who you know" with the old guard set up, with certain teams getting favourable treatment with resources and remuneration - department I was in was not best-in-class due to change management not a priority for this part of the business - some of the charm of the old SThree has gone, as the London office has gotten smaller and the CEO with his changes but who knows, it maybe for the better in the long run - May not be unusual and maybe not a con really but CEO spends most of this time in the US

Employer Branding

Thank you for your comments – they are really helpful and allow us to look at ways to continually improve our business. Work/life balance has always been important, but the on-going health pandemic is really highlighting just how critical it is to our mental and physical wellbeing. We’re really pleased with the progress that we’ve made in this space over the past year. And it’s great to hear you were surrounded by helpful and approachable people because we know how important this is to your wellbeing and enjoying yourself at work. We want all our people to feel fairly rewarded for the work that they do so it’s disappointing to hear this feedback. We’ve put a lot of work into reviewing our offering, based on feedback from our people around the globe to make sure that we go beyond a great salary and unlimited commission. And we’ll be continuing to build on this going forward. We’re passionate about continuous improvement so some your comments, while disappointing to read, will help us become better in the future.

5. 4.0

good company

Sep 14, 2021 - Consultant in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

good training development commission scheme

Cons

not so good for senior people, lacks career development good for grads only.,could do with better management

Employer Branding

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. It’s really encouraging to hear you enjoyed the training we offer. Our learning and development team are always looking at ways our training programmes can be refined, so it's brilliant to hear that you got given the tools to really excel in your career. We’re also firm believers in rewarding and recognising our people for the part they play in our success so it’s great to hear that you think we’re doing a good job. We’re passionate about continuous improvement so your feedback will help us become better in the future. We know how important great management is to your career development, aspirations and how much you enjoy what you do so we’ll continue to focus on upskilling and training.

6. 1.0

Negative experience

Oct 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

None sadly I genuinely did not enjoy my time working for this business

Cons

3 months notice period Set up to fail Poor leadership Poor work life balance No laptop so working from home meant using your own PC/laptop Poor handover from London team

Employer Branding

Thanks for getting in touch with us. We expect SThree to be somewhere you can feel supported and encouraged – we apologise if we fell short on this in any way. We’ve completely changed our approach to remote and flexible working over the past 12 months. We provide a technology package including laptop and accessories to ensure our people can work remotely. We launched our new hybrid working model in September of this year giving our people the choice to work from home or office, additionally we have continued to offer flexible work patterns under our flexibility policies designed to support work/life balance for both short-term and long-term needs. So we’re disappointed if this wasn’t something you experienced. Feedback like this really does help us to grow as a business and continue to look at ways we can improve the way SThree operates. I can assure you this will be passed on to the relevant parties so we can look at how things can be reviewed further for the better.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Hectic

Aug 24, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Many benefits with the company, flexible working, a lot of training, regular meetings and discussions, activities after work

Cons

Way too much work for a regular recruitment consultant, handle way more in terms of client side

Employer Branding

Thank you for your comments - hearing feedback like this is really helpful and allows us to look at ways to continually improve our business. We’re delighted to hear that you’re enjoying the rewards on offer at SThree. It’s something that we’re always reviewing to make sure that people feel appreciated through pay, flexible rewards and benefits. And it’s great to hear that you feel supported in your career at SThree. We know how important it is to make sure people have the tools to succeed and are encouraged to develop. That’s why we’re always building on our training.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Interesting projects but sometimes lacks pace and decisiveness

Jun 10, 2021 - Product Owner in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is full of great people with lots of opportunities. There is a willingness to progress, succeed and make a difference. The company is eager to stay ahead of the market and as such have invested a lot of time and money into digital transformation to keep up with the times!

Cons

Due to being a large established organisation for 35 years, there is a fair amount of old processes and ways of working. This brings challenges such as slow pace, lots of processes and sometimes lack of communication due to volume of stakeholders. There is a real push for digital transformation and as a result has been a lot of changes which are necessary but currently experiencing the pains of changing SLT, introducing new processes and adopting new functions. Lots of plates spinning.

Employer Branding

It's great to hear about your experience with SThree - thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We entirely agree that people make SThree a great place to work, and appreciate you taking the time to recognise our awesome colleagues and friends. We're currently re-addressing many aspects of our organisational structure at SThree, so your feedback will be listened to and passed on to the relevant people. Hearing information like this really does help us to identify necessary changes and look at ways we can make SThree a great place for our people and customers.

9. 3.0

Not bad

Jun 7, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

training programme, early stage career progression

Cons

Disorganised management, face has to fit- one dimensional culture

Employer Branding

Thank you for your feedback - it really helps us to understand how our people view our organisation. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed our training. Our learning and development team are always looking at ways our training programmes can be refined, so it's brilliant to hear that you've got the tools to really excel in your career. Upgrading our manager training has been an important priority for us, and we’ve been working hard to equip leaders with the skills, experience and tools they need to support their teams. Hearing that we’ve still got work to do in this area is disappointing, but this is something that we’re committed to continuously improving. Your feedback will help us to do this.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good

May 27, 2021 - Senior Consultant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, nice environment and people

Cons

Set in their ways, slow progression and kpi driven

Employer Branding

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it as it helps us look at ways to continually improve our business. We entirely agree that people make SThree a great place to work, and appreciate you taking the time to recognise our awesome colleagues and friends. And we’re so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the benefits on offer at SThree. It’s something that we’re always reviewing to make sure that people feel appreciated. KPIs are just one of the measures we use to make sure our customers get the best possible service. However, these should be realistic, achievable, and clearly communicated with you. We're sorry if this wasn’t the case.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 333 Reviews