SThree Reviews

Updated 8 May 2021

3.9
SThree CEO Mark Dorman (no image)
Mark Dorman
Pros
Cons
  • "High pressure, laddish culture, low work/life balance(in 20 reviews)

• "If you like to be treated like children and be micro-managed more than your parents ever did, you'll love it here(in 16 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. COVID-19

"Incredible Company"

Current Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Bristol, England, England

I have been working at SThree full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Training & Development, Career Plans, Diverse Culture

Cons

Office needs a major refurb post covid.

May 10, 2021Employer Branding

We really appreciate your feedback and it's great to hear you're enjoying your time with SThree! It’s great to hear that you feel supported in your career at SThree. We know how important it is to make sure people have the tools to succeed and are encouraged to develop. That’s why we’re always building on our training – one of the key achievements this year has been switching to remote learning so that learning can continue despite Covid-19 restrictions. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.

2. "ok to work for"

Current Employee - Associate Recruiter in Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland

I have been working at SThree full-time

Pros

flexibility to work part time, work internationally, great team

Cons

micromanagement, long hours, lack of leadership

May 10, 2021Employer Branding

We're delighted to hear you're surrounded by a great team as we know how important this is to your wellbeing and enjoying yourself at work. Our teammates are one of our favourite things about SThree too. With most of us working from home during the Covid-19 pandemic, we’ve proven that remote and flexible working can offer a lot of benefits to our people – including a better work/life balance. Upgrading our manager training has been an important priority for us, and we’ve been working hard to equip leaders with the skills, experience and tools they need to support their teams. Hearing that we’ve still got work to do in this area is disappointing, but this is something that we’re committed to continuously improving. Your feedback will help us to do this - thank you for sharing your experience.

3. "Fallen on hard times"

Former Employee - Candidate Consultant in Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland

I worked at SThree full-time for more than a year

Pros

I came into the most charismatic office, a thriving culture, and a growing team. If you are interested in a sales/recruitment opportunity with little to no exp. I guarantee you will find no better place to cut your teeth.

Cons

The Glasgow business has endured a number of setbacks in the advent of C19. Redundancies, mismanagement, and retainment have plagued the last 12 months. Internal process and comms have been distant and client comms can be like playing Chinese whispers. I woiild hope there is some light at the end of the tunnel for the ones who stuck around.

May 10, 2021Employer Branding

Thank you for your feedback - it really helps us to understand how our people view our organisation We're currently re-addressing many aspects of our organisational structure at SThree, so your feedback will be listened to and passed on to the relevant people. Hearing information like this really does help us to identify necessary changes and look at ways we can make SThree a great place for our people and customers.

4. "Great company!"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Diversity and Inclusion Coordinator in Birmingham, England, England

I have been working at SThree full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work Lots of support Wouldn’t want to leave

Cons

Slow process to get things done

May 10, 2021Employer Branding

Thanks so much for your feedback - we're really glad to hear you're enjoying your experience with SThree! Feeling like you have all the support your need to grow and develop in your role is a fundamental part of any job – so it’s so good to hear that you’ve found this with us.

5. "Its ok"

Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland

I worked at SThree full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent salary, supportive manager, flexible

Cons

Benefits, work life balance, stressful

May 10, 2021Employer Branding

Thank you for your feedback – we really appreciate it! It’s great to hear you felt supported by your manager as we know how vital that is in ensuring you grow and develop in your role. We’re firm believers in rewarding and recognising our people for the part they play in our success. It’s something that we’re always reviewing to make sure that people feel appreciated through pay, flexible rewards and benefits. And we’ve completely changed our approach to remote and flexible working over the past 12 months. Everybody at SThree is now supported by flexibility policies designed to support better work/life balance for both short-term and long-term needs. We're sorry if you didn’t feel like we helped you to maintain a healthy balance between work and home life.

6. "Ok"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

I worked at SThree full-time

Pros

Great people, good investment in technology

Cons

Nothing substantial to complain about. Was ok

May 10, 2021Employer Branding

Thanks for taking the time to leave your comments - we really appreciate it. We entirely agree that people make SThree a great place to work, and appreciate you taking the time to recognise our awesome colleagues and friends.

"Avoid"

2.0
    Former Employee - Management Accountant in Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland

I worked at SThree full-time for more than a year

Pros

- nice open plan office space - good city centre location - some nice people within organisation

Cons

- extremely poor processes and procedures (migrated from London) - sky high attrition across several teams and within Finance in particular - senior managers in my team could be unapproachable and obnoxious at time and also treated you well if your 'face fits' otherwise your treated appallingly (these said managers were promoted - this kind of says it all really) - pay is on the lower banding compared to other companies and other benefits such as pension are statutory min (not entirely a surprise given the office is a shared service environment). It is also not a surprise to learn that the CEO and other senior managers can make their rather large salaries all over again in the form of bonuses - a clear disparity

March 17, 2021Employer Branding

Thanks for getting in touch with us. We’re sorry to hear about your experience. Upgrading our manager training has been an important priority for us, and we’ve been working hard to equip leaders with the skills, experience, and tools they need to support their teams. Hearing that we’ve still got work to do in this area is disappointing, but this is something that we’re committed to continuously improving. Your feedback will help us to do this. SThree should be a place where you can be your whole self, and feel supported, encouraged, and included. We’re really sorry if this wasn’t your experience, and we’ll share your feedback with the Glasgow team.

8. "Good company to work for"

Current Employee - Candidate Consultant in Warsaw, IN

I have been working at SThree full-time for less than a year

Pros

Career progression, good management and incentives.

Cons

All target driven so performance is all based on numbers even in the background you could be doing a lot more.

March 29, 2021Employer Branding

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience – it’s great that you’re enjoying your time at SThree. We take a lot of pride in the career development opportunities we offer, so it’s brilliant hear that’s been your experience of our business. Upgrading our manager training has been an important priority for us, and we’ve been working hard to equip leaders with the skills, experience and tools they need to support their teams – so it’s great to hear that’s paid off and you feel supported.

9. "I did not know how good I had it"

4.0
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland

I worked at SThree full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun, Diverse and performance driven culture Hard working management team that are loyal Clear career progression High performing consultants always willing to help

Cons

Commission scheme lower than start up businesses but then you get better systems and training

March 17, 2021Employer Branding

Thanks so much for your feedback – we’re glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with SThree. Having a great manager who is rooting for you to succeed and champions you to be your best self makes all the difference when we spend so much of our lives at work. It’s great to hear that you think our management do a brilliant job. It’s also really encouraging that you feel supported in your career at SThree. We know how important it is to make sure people have the tools to succeed and are encouraged to develop. The culture of our organisation has changed a lot over recent years by making bold moves to make SThree a more inclusive, encouraging, supportive environment – so it’s great to her feedback like this.

10. "na"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Bristol, England, England

I have been working at SThree full-time

Pros

good company to work for

Cons

salary could be better really

March 29, 2021Employer Branding

We’re delighted to hear that you’re enjoying your time at SThree. When it comes to our reward packages, we’re always reviewing and improving them and want to make sure they reflect our appreciation of the hard work of our people across the world. We’ll pass your feedback onto our Reward Team.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 298 Reviews