Sabre Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sabre President & CEO Sean Menke
Sean Menke

"Very uneven experience"

Former Employee - Corporate Communications Manager in Southlake, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Corporate Communications Manager in Southlake, TX (US)

I worked at Sabre full-time

Pros

Decent pay and benefits; Chance to work with global team

Cons

Executive leadership out of touch with rank and file; HR team unapproachable about issues with senior leaders; software company that doesn't update its technology; No strategic direction within Corporate Communications team leadership

Advice to Management

Do a few things well instead of many things poorly

"Too many games being played"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Southlake, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Southlake, TX (US)

I worked at Sabre full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cafeteria, working from home, travel

Cons

Favoritism is obvious when laying off/terminating, If you aren't social enough you'll be on the chopping block. Many Directors don't know the business, they are moved around between areas just because. There is a "layoff" game. Lay off just under the amount needed for a WARN letter. There's no work for Airline after 2017 and it's dwindling. JUMP SHIP

Advice to Management

Stop the games, Don't hire so many people just to lay off. Combine functions and departments. Stop the favoritism.

"Untrained Managers - Frequent Layoffs"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX (US)

I worked at Sabre full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good environment, excellent technical personal. Good benefits and very competitive salary..

Cons

Bad administration, inexperienced managers. Frequently layoffs. Managers prefer to dismiss than relocate experienced employees. Employees cannot dispute when they are poorly evaluated, even when there is sufficient evidence of good work throughout the year. Is all up to the inexperienced managers.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to technical people, and attempt to reallocate talents. Managers need to be trained. Give chance for employees proves their performaces instead of leaving upon inexperienced managers discretions.

5. "Sabre Hospitality EMEA Employee - Cannot mention title since still employed"

Current Employee - Direct Service to Customers in Emea (Indonesia)
    Current Employee - Direct Service to Customers in Emea (Indonesia)

I have been working at Sabre full-time

Pros

Passionate and knowledgeable people. Many nice colleagues.
    Great work flexibility to work from home (even if work contract doesn t state it), which is the main reason people work sooooo hard and remain with Sabre.

Cons

Absolutely no visibility in management strategy.
    Rarely expect a 'thank you, well done' from upper levels.
    Workload has been raising like crazy. You may have conference calls until mid night, or during Saturday. Many colleagues in burnout situations.
    Lots of bureaucracy. Very US centric company, where guys in Texas never consider regionalized market needs. Don t listen to EMEA or APAC recommendations. MAnagement not really caring about employees well being, not listening to their employees suggestions to improve service, All is urgent, and it is a perpetual stress for most people involved in Implementation, training, account management. Not had real team meeting for years.
    Not many hires and people that are leaving or are laid off are not systematically replaced. Situation where you feel guilty to try to recover extra time.

Advice to Management

Organize physical team meetings. WebEx is not all !
    Listen to your employees, and act accordingly.
    Care for your employees as much as they care about Sabre customers.!!! Take the Richard Bronson (Virgin) approach.... STOP, being US centric, EMEA, APAC drive a lot of revenue and a lot of ideas. Do you know there is a time difference between EMEA and Southlake ? When it is your afternoon, is it difficult to understand what time it is in EMEA ?

"Management is not good"

Former Employee - Estimate Coordinator in Southlake, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Estimate Coordinator in Southlake, TX (US)

I worked at Sabre (More than 10 years)

Pros

They were flexible with me when I needed to have something done to my house or with my kids.

Cons

Sabre doesn't seem to train most management very well. I was there 20 years and I had 17 managers. Out of those 17 I can only say that two were good. The rest only know how to please their superiors and didn't seem to know what to do with everyone that reported to them.

Advice to Management

Train your managers better.

"Was good company, not any more!!"

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Sabre full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good package and good hikes every year.
    Provides transportation costs if we opt for public transport.
    Salary date is 27th of every month or next working day if 27th falls on a holiday.

Cons

Hmmmm....
    Laid back culture since many years.
    Newly hired directors and managers suddenly want the engineers to be updated with latest technology, but the products is still in old technology stack.
    2016 was a bad year, no business.
    Hence to cover the loss laid off contractors and few permanent employees, including higher level people in US offices and in India.
    Internal politics. I am not sure how few people are still existing in the company without knowing how products work, they have been in higher positions, drawing so much salary !!
    Employee retention policy not good!! Managers are to be blamed for this !!
    No proper career path!!!
    There were work from home options, once in a week. Now it has been made stringent!!
    Flexibility depends on manager!!

Advice to Management

People having product knowledge and people knowing Sabre's business policies and people having good relationship with customers are required for the company's survival and growth!!!
    You have already removed many who were in the required list!!! I am not sure what was the strategy to remove them !!!
    I know that fresh talent, new blood with high energy are required, but not at the cost of people who have served from many years, they are like strong mother root of the tree, if we can consider Sabre as a huge tree!! Without strong roots how do you expect a tree to survive!!

8. "Sr Project Manager"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Southlake, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Southlake, TX (US)

I worked at Sabre full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work hours, challenging work

Cons

Frequent layoffs, can't feel comfortable in your job due to layoffs that occur often

Advice to Management

Establish a more stable environment for employees

9. "Old habits are hard to break"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Sabre as a contractor

Pros

Relaxed and work friendly atmosphere can be found. Half of the company is a leader in travel network service offering and uses modern technology.

Cons

The other half of the company still uses its bread and butter developed long ago. Overall organization is highly political where power struggle is the norm. Power struggles exist within groups and across continents.

Advice to Management

Remove the power struggles. Set clear vision and objective. Foster a team friendly and supportive atmosphere.

10. "SabreSonic Management Seems out of comedy movie"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Montevideo (Uruguay)
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Montevideo (Uruguay)

I have been working at Sabre full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, salary. Coworkers are nice

Cons

Management, long shifts, internal tools

Advice to Management

Retire.
    Sabresonic management in Montevideo is something you only see in comedy, they got people who only worked at sabre with no other management experience, they dont know what they are doing. Their bad decision making and communication challenges impact heavily on the Sabresonic team that is constantly changing personnel as people cannot stand working there for a year.
    From the director level down, there is no one single management memeber that knows what they are doing.
    HR also fails at not detecting such red flags in people management here.
    A complete mess!

"Reactive leadership with no product/customer strategy"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX (US)

I have been working at Sabre full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Green building & nice cafeteria.

Most teams have come together to consistently work around organizational barriers as they are introduced.

Pay tends to be higher than average. (The recent pulse survey showed, the #2 reason employees comes to work is for the paycheck)

Cons

Sr. Leadership is leading with fear and building strategy around stock price and not around our customers or products.

Days are filled with meetings where everyone multitasks and are not mentally present nor focused on the meetings intended outcomes.

Management spends their days in meetings and managing by spreadsheet. They don't know a what is happening on the floor of their own departments nor the high opportunity costs of the decisions they are making.

Advice to Management

Focus our strategy on how to create great products/services and how to satisfy our customers. Your short term thinking is leading our customers to abandon us.