Sage Hospitality Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Walter L. Isenberg

Pros
Cons
  • Back to the low pay everyone seems to look out for number one instead of taking care of the people that do the grunt work so turn over rate is high (in 7 reviews)

• Upper management uses their unlimited paid time off policy liberally while mid management and line level employees work all the hours without direction (in 7 reviews)

1. "Can't believe I get to work here everyday!"

Pros

From the very first contact after my application, I was impressed by the care and dedication Sage Hospitality demonstrated to me, even just as a candidate. Their communication was always courteous, timely, and friendly! I could tell just from emails with them that they love their jobs and their company, and it was truly contagious.
    They are so intentional and genuine with everything they do. Management and coworkers are willing to be transparent and even vulnerable. They share their company values openly and are committed to them whole-heartedly. They aren't just some words written on a wall somewhere. I definitely consider myself lucky to now be part of such an incredible team.

Cons

There is so much growth, and "newness" (which is a great thing!) that adaptability definitely needs to be a key strength for employees. Perhaps there could be more training surrounding how to be adaptable. There is a lot of support from everyone, but maybe some more tangible skills could be beneficial.

2. "Great opportunities!!"

Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Sage Hospitality full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Sage has been an incredible company to work for. They truly take care for their associates. Over the last several years of hard work and great passion for the business, I have been afforded many great opportunities to advance my career. I highly recommend this company if you are results-driven, passionate and looking to advance your career.

Cons

Sage is not always the best at procedures and systems but we more than make up for it in how we take care of our people.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing. Take care of your people. Be heart-led leaders!

3. "General Manager"

Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Sage Hospitality full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Allows me to run my business without interference. Trusts me to make on site decisions. Allows me to do charity work and actually makes it part of my performance review.

Cons

Orientation process is not exactly fine tuned. You need to be a self starter.

25 May 2017 – Co-Founder, President & CEO

It is great to hear from a recently hired General Manager that you feel empowered to act independently and that you too value community service and its’ impact. We take pride in our hiring process ... More

5. "I Love What I Do!"

I have been working at Sage Hospitality full-time

Pros

Creates an environment for learning if you choose to engage that way. Always growing and creating opportunities for people. Results and people focused. I love fast paced environments and working with successful people so this is right up my alley. Company truly embraces and acts on it's commitment to give back to the community.

Cons

Sage could work on long term incentives for people who stay committed to them over time. There are some people leaders who need to develop better people skills.

Advice to Management

Continue to look for ways to recognize and reward your associates at the lower levels, not just the senior leaders. Remember they are the heart and soul of Sage.

25 Apr 2017 – Communication and Branding Coordinator

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your experience with Sage! We appreciate your advice and will share it with our leaders.

6. "Best in Class!"

Current Employee - Corporate in Denver, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Corporate in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Sage Hospitality full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Growth, transparent, development, community involvment

Cons

Keeping up with the growth!

9 May 2017 – Communication and Branding Coordinator

Thanks for your feedback!

7. "Great Company!"

I have been working at Sage Hospitality full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Sage is a great company! The values the company has is what they strive for every day. They make a difference in every community where they have a hotel. Continue enriching lives, one experience at a time!

Cons

This is a difficult industry as the labor pool is a challenge. This isn't unique to Sage though.

Advice to Management

Continue to blend the two hotel divisions.

9 May 2017 – Communication and Branding Coordinator

We appreciate your review of Sage and are delighted to have you on our team. Thanks for helping us continue to create places people go to, not through!

8. "Love my job !"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Sage Hospitality full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I work with the best people around.There's a genuine commitment to make sure each employee has the opportunity to learn and grow. When things go wrong, I have an awesome team to help out and when things are great, we take time to celebrate successes. Work life balance is great too. I feel really lucky to work here !

Cons

Still in growth mode so it's very busy ! However, there's lots of support to get through the workload.

25 Apr 2017 – Communication and Branding Coordinator

Thank you for your review, and passion for Sage!

9. "Group"

I have been working at Sage Hospitality full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

discounts, co-workers, experiences, clients, changes

Cons

development, time off, opportunities, compensation, communication

9 May 2017 – Communication and Branding Coordinator

We appreciate your feedback! At Sage, personal and professional growth is one of our core values. In addition to you driving your own growth, as an organization we hold annual reviews to help assess ... More

10. "Sage Hospitality"

I have been working at Sage Hospitality full-time

Pros

Innovative, Growing, and much Room for Advancement

Cons

There are not more properties in my cluster

27 Mar 2017 – Communication and Branding Coordinator

Thank you for your review!

11. "Events Manager at the Renaissance Blackstone."

Former Employee - CSM in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - CSM in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Sage Hospitality full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits of a Marriott branded hotel, discounted room stays, employee email, ability to transfer to other Marriotts. Without the Marriott branding, there is nothing else good I can say about this hotel

Cons

This hotel has the highest amount of turnover in the entire city, they cannot retain both hourly and management staff, it makes working quite a challenge. Applying for a job is quite an effort, as you must submit an application 3 to 4 times, hiring managers will wait 2 to 3 weeks to follow up on any of your emails, HR is even worse. On top of that for a small boutique hotel, it is a union property. Nonunion management is afraid of the union, the hourly union associates run that hotel. Working in the sales office, with like one big sorority house. 100% run by women, instead of focusing on the business, they would criticize what you wore. I felt like I was back in high school. With so many hotels throughout the city of Chicago, my device to you, do not waste your time applying for a job at the Blackstone

Advice to Management

Go back to business school, and learn how to run a business. Insist that your managers follow up in less than two weeks, hopefully they're treating their clients a little bit better.

9 May 2017 – Communication and Branding Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback, it has been shared with the property team. If you have any additional thoughts or comments, please reach out directly to myvoice@sagehospitality.com