Sage Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Sage Reviews

Updated 25 Jun 2019

Found 1920 reviews

3.4

"Ok and trying to be better"

Current Employee - Technical Support Advisor in Newcastle, England

I have been working at Sage full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Pay is ok, good benefits and you get 5 days to use supporting charity work or the community. Office is bright and facilities are good.

Cons

Some areas of the business still work in silos, some managers seem to enjoy their power over their team and take punitive measures at the slightest sign of disagreement rather than fostering an open supportive environment.

Advice to Management

Work harder to protect employees and encourage diversity and flexible working across the whole business not just in certain areas.

Sage2019-06-14

Sage Response

June 25, 2019Global Talent Brand Manager

We agree that having 5 days to support charity work is an amazing benefit. However, we are concerned to hear about your experience with leadership as we do not condone such behaviour. We encourage you to reach out to your People Services team to discuss.

2. "Good Place to Work"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I worked at Sage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome company to work for, great benefits and charity days. 9-5 Monday - Friday job for me and loved the people in the business.

Cons

Sales targets too high and seemed too hard to hit, Selling to customers things they didn't want! Too much pressure to hit, not a good bonus for hitting targets.

Advice to Management

Please focus on all colleagues due to the stress caused with this job. We work for you and towards YOUR targets too!

Sage2019-06-03

"A difficult place to work"

Former Employee - Technical Support Advisor in Newcastle, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Sage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Starting salary was decent, and received a pay increase within first 12 months . The quality of training was above average. Some of the coaching staff are kind and want to help you achieve. Work/life balance is decent, hours are between 9-5 during first 12 months and you have weekends off.

Cons

Targets are oppressive and difficult to maintain. No positive reinforcement if you excel in many areas, but there's one thing that you struggle with. Threats of 'action plans' are common. Job was entirely different to what was originally advertised. During interview it was advertised as a technical support role with a sales target. The original sales target at full skill (after 6 months) was achievable and realistic....

Sage2019-06-01
  4. "Excellent company"

Current Employee - Personal Assistant in London, England

I have been working at Sage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Sage offers a fantastic work-life balance and a very supportive working environment. If you are lucky enough to be based in London then the offices in the Shard are amazing. The work itself is varied and I feel that I have the genuine support of all of my colleagues. Difficult colleagues are few and far between. I especially love the focus on volunteering and charity fundraising available to all employees via Sage...

Cons

As a tech company, Sage should definitely offer a few more perks and benefits that are seen as standard in other tech companies.

Advice to Management

None

Sage2019-05-30

"Great to have on a CV"

Former Employee - Digital Executive in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I worked at Sage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Huge business to have on CV Good training and experience for a lower level marketing employee Experience of how a large corporate works

Cons

Little room to develop internally A lot of politics and individuals interested in their own development over a team interest

Sage2019-05-28
  6. "Great company, great team spirit"

Current Employee - Finance Consultant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Sage full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Professional, high quality of service, team work at the heart of the work environment

Cons

None from me at this stage

Advice to Management

Focus on sorting out current bugs and issues to protect our excellent reputation in the market

Sage2019-05-27
  7. "Growth opportunity and recognition"

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Sage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work-life balance, Foundation Day is so much fun, opportunity to grow, no micro managing

Cons

Company going through transition so there some might feel lack of communication/clarity. But the silver lining is - it is an opportunity to take charge how you would like to shape/transform your career within the company.

Advice to Management

Stick with the plan.

Sage2019-05-27
  8. "Comments"

Current Employee - QA Analyst

I have been working at Sage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility of hours within the organisation, the team are approachable. There are resources in place for self development and training

Cons

Since I have started I haven't spotted any downside. I believe improvements can be made on the process maps during a project. ensuring the right specifications are outlined

Sage Response

May 24, 2019VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your feedback and we are pleased you are taking advantage of our colleague and development tools.

9. "A friendly and supportive environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

I have been working at Sage full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fantastic work/life balance. Brilliant colleagues. Lots of opportunities to make positive changes at the company.

Cons

Some differences between the different offices (some might not be as fun to work at as here!)

Sage2019-05-24
  10. "A stable global company that truly cares about improving communities across the world"

Current Employee - Customer Experience Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at Sage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Stability and longevity of a mature company, but agile enough to compete alongside tech startups. Good emphasis on innovation and more autonomy than you'd expect from such a big company. For many roles, 35-hour workweek (in the UK) with core hours of 10-4 and the expectation that 5 of your daily 7 hours are main work and the remaining 2 are admin and other tasks — very reasonable expectations and promotes a good...

Cons

There are a LOT of systems and processes to get your head around. It can take years. Product development can be slow and frustrating in some areas. Open office spaces suck. It can be challenging to introduce new processes and ideas because of all the legacy code, technical debt, hoops and policies.

Advice to Management

Make the vision and mission statements clear and concise and post them on the website so that everyone can see and know. Keep streamlining, simplifying and strengthening the core products, processes and propositions. Don't be afraid to be increasingly more transparent, honest and vulnerable. We're all people and we can handle it. Futhermore, we'll respect you for the strength it takes and the empathy it inspires.

Found 1920 reviews