Sage Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 1901 reviews

3.4
Sage CEO Steve Hare
Steve Hare

"Great company with great future"

I have been working at Sage part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fabulous company to be part of. Benefits and ability to work flexibly are amazing. People work really hard but are rewarded for it and this shows in their work ethic. I couldn't ask for a better workplace or a better team!

Cons

Communication internally has improved a lot however still some work to do to keep everyone aligned at all levels.

Advice to Management

Continue your honest and open way of leading and communicating, this is hugely appreciated!

Sage2019-04-25

"Great Experience"

Current Employee - People Business Partner in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Sage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are great, very friendly and supportive Line Manager was incredibly welcoming Strategy and direction of the organisation is very clear Onboarding was very efficient and worked well

Cons

Complex organisation so takes time to learn about how the business works

Advice to Management

Keep going - you are doing the right things

Sage2019-04-24

"Mixed experiances"

I worked at Sage full-time

Pros

Great Benefits and some really good talented people

Cons

Too much bureaucracy and too many layers of management that hinders turn around times to get things done. And all the layers of management and yet it seems that only at the top is there authority to sign something off.

Sage2019-05-06

May 24, 2019VP, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. As a former colleague, we hope shared your feedback with your manager so that we can improve. We want Sage to continue to be a great place to work and love when our colleagues share feedback. Best of luck in your new role.

"12-year veteran serving Accountants in UK and Ireland…"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at Sage full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I’ve worked at Sage for 12+ years, straight out of university. Starting with supporting customers with use on our software for a few years, I’ve also worked in development teams and led different applications as a Product Manager. Plenty of opportunities for hard working individuals. • Great benefits and many opportunities for learning and career planning, including 5 personal development days and 5 volunteer days...

Cons

Over the last couple of years, we seem to have implemented an austerity programme where to reduce costs we don’t, for example, naturally backfill roles when good people move onwards and upwards, this puts extra pressure on teams. Having said that, we appear to have come through the cost cutting and regained our focus on doing the right thing and making space to innovate again. A frustration for me is decision making...

Advice to Management

In my opinion, historically our best leaders and most talented people have started their careers in Customer Services, serving our customers, learning from them and carrying that knowledge and empathy throughout the business during their Sage careers. Put simply, I think we need to grow our Customer Services teams again with extra capacity to serve our customer today and develop them to be the leaders of tomorrow. To...

Sage2019-04-16

April 23, 2019VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to share your views. We're listening. Make sure you use Your Voice over the next week too!

"A great place to work"

Current Employee - Payroll Assistant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Sage full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A good work life balance, flexible working hours, great building location. Well paid roles and salary.

Cons

Not many, mainly lack of communication from senior management.

Sage2019-04-17

"Great place to work and fantastic opportunities"

Current Employee - Support in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Sage part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have worked at Sage for the past 12 years (both full-time and part-time), Sage has given me the flexibility to have a good work/family life balance. There have been lots of changes over the years, more recently for the better. Lots of opportunities within the business, great support from Managers and Senior Leaders to develop your skill set and push forward with career development.

Cons

The onsite gym is not big enough!

Advice to Management

Great to see more open communication and engagement between colleagues and Senior Leaders

Sage2019-04-10

April 17, 2019

Thanks very much for taking the time to feed back - I'm glad Sage is helping with your work life balance. Please keep sharing your thoughts and views, they're really important to help make Sage a great place to work! Thank you

"Company Review"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Sage full-time

Pros

Friendly and helpful work colleagues

Cons

Too many changes constantly with no clear end strategy. It's exhausting.

Advice to Management

Management need to give plans and ideas the time to bed in and work. A quick results and blame culture only creates fear and does not allow creativity or innovation.

Sage2019-05-16

May 23, 2019VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I’m glad you agree that our Sage colleagues are very friendly and helpful. Sage is committed to being a great SaaS business for customers and colleagues alike – collaborative, action-orientated colleagues, who just want to get stuff ...

8. "Getting Better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Sage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Positive, friendly and intelligent colleagues from around the world. Sage Foundation enables employees to contribute 5 days a years to a charity of their choosing, which is generous and positive.

Cons

Company can be bureaucratic at times, which can cause frustration. Executive expectations with the pace of change don't equal the support needed to make the change happen.

Advice to Management

Increase transparency. Focus on how we build a culture of trust, diversity and respect.

Sage2019-04-23

"Living on past glory"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Sage full-time for more than a year

Pros

I learnt how not to run a business and how not to be innovative

Cons

Still relies on its very successful past and the customers it acquired over the last 15 years whom it is now rinsing dry by charging them more at every opportunity. Huge pressure to hit financial targets with little room for negotiation. Most employees believe Sage is declining to a slow and painful death

Advice to Management

Wake up and invest in new innovative products rather than living in the past

Sage2019-05-10

May 23, 2019VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your feedback. We are proud of Sage's history and of our loyal customer base. We are focusing on our 3 strategic lenses - customer success, colleague success and innovation and Sage is committed to being a great SaaS business for customers and colleagues alike .

"Great Company!"

I have been working at Sage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great leaders in some areas - Fab opportunities if you put the work in - Diversity amongst leaders and colleagues - Support for Health & Wellbeing

Cons

- Technology could be better (especially for a tech company!) - Changes occur often, sometimes with little/no warning - however this is not always a bad thing! - Lack of easy access to things like mouse pads with wrist support/foot stools, etc. These should be available for everyone.

Sage2019-04-04