Sage Sales Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 132 reviews

3.7
Sage CEO Steve Hare
Steve Hare

"Great fun at dynamic company with great people"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Reading, England

I have been working at Sage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great group of people to work with. Ideas and initiative get always supported Great benefits Great culture Challenging job

Cons

Organization going through transformation, lots of turbulence, but fun Lots of changes in leadership, new leadership still needs to proof they can get it right

Advice to Management

Spend more time with teams on the floor Execute on cloud acceleration, fast!, the opportunity is huge

Sage2019-02-05

February 13, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We love to hear from colleauges who are having fun and are happy in their work!

2. "Good Place to Work"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I worked at Sage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome company to work for, great benefits and charity days. 9-5 Monday - Friday job for me and loved the people in the business.

Cons

Sales targets too high and seemed too hard to hit, Selling to customers things they didn't want! Too much pressure to hit, not a good bonus for hitting targets.

Advice to Management

Please focus on all colleagues due to the stress caused with this job. We work for you and towards YOUR targets too!

Sage2019-06-03
  3. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Sage full-time

Pros

The People were great good experience

Cons

The management The salary the sales team could be very cut throat

Sage2019-06-03

"Wolves in sheeps clothing"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Sage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

9 - 5 (often bribed into overtime or shift changes) Free parking Onsite café (expensive however) 5 annual CSR days

Cons

Too many managers Unachievable targets Increase targets half way through the month Uncompetitive basic salary

Advice to Management

Listen to your frontline staff (who pay your wages) more and understand that we have lives outside of this building and mortgages to pay for as well.

Sage2019-05-08

May 23, 2019VP, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. There are often opportunities for overtime and we always appreciate it when our people go the extra mile and show flexibility - that said, we’re also a responsible employer and if any of our people felt under pressure to do overtime or change their shift ...

"Avoid"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Manchester, England

I worked at Sage full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The people are what built Sage but too late to save it.

Cons

Totally lacking direction. Lost out to the competition and treat staff horrendously over last few years, 35 long serving loyal sales staff sacked without notice and most of good employees have now left of their own accorde .

Advice to Management

I fear it's too late, Sage have thought they were untouchable and treat their customers as a cash cow. By simply adding the word cloud to your core software does not make it a cloud solution.

Sage2018-12-01

"Going Places"

Current Employee - Sales Leader in Winnersh, England

I have been working at Sage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good executives that are customer focused Right vision for future direction of the company Great can-do attitude amongst support functions around sales Some excellent and unbelievably dedicated people Good offices in general Huge opportunity Loyal customer base and great brand

Cons

Newcastle - some employees who love to talk about the old days and how great it used to be Office in Newcastle needs attention Need to communicate externally better, we have so much to be proud of and nuggets of gold that we do not show off

Advice to Management

Just need great execution and focus on a few things and do them well Improve process efficiency This company has so much potential and we have the ability to dominant the space.

Sage2018-09-28

"Unhappy Work Life"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Sage full-time for more than a year

Pros

The brand although unfortunately having squeezed the pockets of accountants and small businesses for so long even that is met with disdain. I actually feel embarrassed to work here. My immediate team members are a great group of people but most of our conversations are about how unhappy we are.

Cons

Company lacks any vision or strategy. Products are over priced. Products are not keeping up with competition. Management doesn’t listen to any feedback and stifle any ideas. Systems so old you can’t do your job. Culture of back stabbing. Second hand car dealer mentality, sell it, move on, customers problem then. Unrealistic targets. Less than 20% of the team get any bonus.

Advice to Management

Listen to the feedback of your employees and clients. There is a reason that the competition are winning the accountancy market.

Sage2018-08-03

"It's what you make it..."

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales in Winnersh, England

I have been working at Sage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of change and therefore opportunity. Fast-evolving and good people. Most are very positive and willing to help. Fair work life balance and enjoy the atmosphere in the office. Sage is a people focused company and treats employees well. It's amusing to read some reviews as their authors are in for a rude awakening if they believe Sage is difficult.

Cons

Need to be more nimble and not act as a big corporate. Faster execution, speed to market and hire people who are entrepreneurial rather than processes orientated.

Advice to Management

See Cons.

Sage2018-05-02

"Sales executive- go elsewhere. Horrendous"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Sage full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Used to make decent commission when sage was chasing a number

Cons

Ridiculous pressure Outdated products Buzz words used that mean nothing Team managers on the whole are useless, lazy and add no value- over paid Senior managers are on the whole equally rubbish. Use uk market as a cash cow. If chasing or behind a number, increase the price Focus on america- ceo rarely in the WORLD HEADQUARTERS- newcastle Too interested in linkedin posts showing what a great company it is, its...

Advice to Management

Pointless to suggest. Self gain at the expense of value for employees or customers. Stephen kelly needs to go. Chief executive officer of chaos. FAR TOO MANY PEOPLE MINCING AROUND WITH LAPTOPS DOING NOTHING

Sage2018-05-19

May 22, 2018Channel Campaign Manager, Talent Acquisition Team

Thanks for your feedback. We hope you raised your concerns during the many internal channels we have as well as completing the recent Your Voice survey. The results were published yesterday on YourSage, and shows the majority of Sage colleagues would recommend Sage as a place ...

"Sales apprentice"

Current Employee - Sales Apprentice in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Sage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The apprenticeship scheme at sage is excellent, a lot of help is available and I have managed to conduct myself in a more appropriate way since getting help from the brilliant coaches and I feel like my performance and capability has improved exceptionally. If ever feeling apprehensive about anything at all it is re assuring the support is available.

Cons

There are no cons working here

Sage2018-02-15