Sainsbury's Bank Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "SB review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

I worked at Sainsbury's Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work ethos. Very supportive atmosphere.

Cons

Training was lacking and took a long time to organise.

2. "Travel Money"

I worked at Sainsbury's Bank part-time

Pros

It's fun talking to customers about their holidays - very pleasant. You have independence and autonomy (within parameters) in your own bureau.

Cons

Salary for a regulated role is an utter joke. To customers - same uniform does not differentiate you from store staff. Little or no interaction, inclusion with store management.

Advice to Management

Show all relevant induction videos to the store management and ask them how they practice colleague friendliness and a support when it comes to working with travel money staff in their store.
    Review compensation before you are stung by inexperienced staff who are already costing you money every day..... and you don't even notice!

3. "So-So"

Current Employee - Travel Money Manager in Chorley, England
    Current Employee - Travel Money Manager in Chorley, England

Pros

Good experience and can be a great roll with talking to customers about their travels

Cons

Work Life balance, company keeps expecting more and more

Advice to Management

make sure they listen closer to their teams and help them to achieve a better work life balance

5. "An easy, fulfilling job"

I worked at Sainsbury's Bank part-time

Pros

If you have a good mind for numbers, this job is fairly simple and straightforward. Your training covers almost everything you need to know. When I was unsure of something, I could always call my manager, the manager at a nearby store or one of the "buddy stores" (nearby branches that customers can go to if we don't have stock of a certain currency). You're paid a similar wage to other Sainsbury's entry level staff, but you don't have to do heavy lifting, major cleaning or showing customers around. You still have the benefit of interacting with customers and enjoying the friendly staff environment. You are also paid for 15 minutes on either side of opening times so that you have time to get ready and close up without going past your shift time.

Another pro is that the two managers I dealt with were very helpful and understanding. When I had to stay late once to solve a problem, the manager gave me a lift because I missed my bus. I made mistakes (as any new employee will) and they always helped me to fix them, even if I got a talking to about it.

Overall, I found the job quite fulfilling as your day is made up of multiple small tasks (outside of serving customers) that can be completed fairly easily so you get a sense of accomplishment.

Cons

The shifts were not the same every week and employees were expected to work at least one weekend shift per week. This means that if you are working part time and need to work on specific days to allow for another job, you'll have to discuss shift days with your manager in advance or swap shifts with colleagues. Sometimes you'd have a five hour shift, sometimes six and a half, sometimes ten. The stores also change opening and closing times seasonally so you'd have to be aware of different starting and ending times.

6. "A good company"

Pros

you get to talk to cheerful customers and talk about their holiday plans which in turn gives you lots of ideas for your next vacations.

Cons

The job can get boring and monotonious at times and the challenging customers you have to deal with at times.

7. "Good Place to be"

Current Employee - Risk Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Current Employee - Risk Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at Sainsbury's Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sainsbury's Bank is a great place to be with so many new things coming up in the years ahead. Some pockets of strange cultures, but otherwise a lovely place to be.

Cons

I have no definite cons aside from the pockets of poor culture. It's a great place to be with excellent intentions for great customer service.

"Customer Service Rep"

Former Employee - Customer Service Assistant in Dunfermline, Scotland
    Former Employee - Customer Service Assistant in Dunfermline, Scotland

Pros

Struggling to think of any - My Car even got damaged in their secure car parking, so I can't even say Car Parking.

They had a nice plant in reception area

Cons

Systems that they use were last used in a major bank by 1955
    Their website is so dated you spend half the day apologising to customers that the website is shocking.

Team Managers think they are on the set of 'Wolf of Wall Street' they get extensive training on using buzz words but that is about it. Man Management skills is non existent.

I watched 3 Reps - walk out of the Job because they were under constant stress and were bullied by the TM's.

Training doesn't prepare for going out on to the office floor - they seem to forget half the processes that you may need.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring young TM's because you know they will do the job for an extra 1k a year.
    Get some Man Management skills

9. "Travel Money Advisor"

I have been working at Sainsbury's Bank part-time

Pros

Excellent place to work, great members of staff.

Cons

Not enough opportunities to progress into higher roles.

10. "Good Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Customer Service Assistant in Dunfermline, Scotland
    Current Employee - Customer Service Assistant in Dunfermline, Scotland

Pros

It's a small company so you get to know everyone and build close working relationships. Good company values and a real passion for customer service.

Cons

Limited flexible working patterns available.

11. "Travel Money Advisor"

Pros

Pay above National Minimum Wage
    Flexibility with hours and holidays
    I really enjoy the job because of the different responsibilities I have. Such as handling large amounts of cash.

Cons

It can be really boring and repetitive.
    A normal working day is relatively quiet so it can get stressful spending hours without serving a customer

Advice to Management

Not much contact with management, over the phone mostly which can be inconvenient at times because I would rather have a manager with me in branch.