Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 234 reviews

3.9
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics CEO Laurent Guillot
Laurent Guillot
Pros
  • "Good benefits, treat employees with respect(in 14 reviews)

• "That allows everyone to be engaged in the work environment and everybody is really friendly as well(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  1. "I feel empowered to make a difference"

Current Employee - Technical/Scientific in Bristol, England

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I feel I have a big say in the direction of my work and that it makes a big difference to the company. My role makes the most of my skills, so there's a good deal of job satisfaction. I like the people I work with too. Good travel opportunities and benefits.

Cons

No headphones allowed in the office and other strict minor rules. The product is not something your friends and family can relate to or be excited about.

Advice to Management

No headphones rule is not a small issue. Many younger technical staff have used personal music to aid concentration during their further/higher education. They know that they are more productive when working this way.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2014-11-04
  2. "saint-gobain"

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time

Pros

good to work in open minded people around

Cons

flat structure to find a difficult to be promoted

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2019-02-08
  3. "Working at Saint-Gobain High Performance Materials"

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Stafford, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very good corporate benefit structure

Cons

Very poor people management in Sales

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2017-03-01

"You are looked after - except on salary"

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics

Pros

Development opportunities, teamwork, there are many long serving employees so if you find you do fit in then prospects for long-term are good. The business does recognise most of its weaknesses and is trying to change

Cons

Negotiate hard on starting salary because it doesn't get fixed later if you fall behind

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2015-08-27
  5. "Dynamic and Innovative place to work."

Current Employee - Marketing in Leicester, England

Pros

Dynamic, no day is ever the same. Leadership Team have a clear strategy and understanding of where we are heading Customer Focused the whole team has the customer at the heart of what they do Innovative and Value Driven. We strive to understand what we do best and where we can add value to our customers and business Caring business which understands that people are what make it so good

Cons

Work-life balance can be a challenge with plenty of business travel in certain rolls Can be a victim of our own success by taking on too many projects to satisfy all customers...

Advice to Management

Empower key people to be able to make the right commercial projects a priority. Clear strategy on resource management for the whole business. Improve work-life balance

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2015-01-05
  6. "So far really good."

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Bristol, England
    No Opinion of CEO

Pros

- Great people - Lots of opportunity - Look after their staff - Lots of great benefits - Company wants to move forward with the times - Flexible hours

Cons

- Still getting out of the dated way of doing things (but making significant changes) - Workplace dated but huge refurb is currently underway

Advice to Management

- Keep up the good work - Keep listening to the employees - Join in more in company socials

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2014-11-05
  7. "Fantastic company"

Current Employee - Production Manager in Beaverton, MI

Pros

Strong belief in Safety, engaged work force and empowering their workforce.

Cons

No cons that I cannot manage. Our YOY growth exceeds anything I've ever seen and requires a strong sense of urgency daily to not only to get ahead but to keep up.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing strong beliefs in safety and people while delivering quality products.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2019-07-23
  8. "Meh..."

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics part-time

Pros

There are a few people who are genuine and care about the progression of this company. Good pay.

Cons

Company as a whole doesn't have much of a direction. A lot of toxic employees who can be heard talking trash about their co-workers saying "_____ should be fired" or "_____ doesn't do their job". Definitely a lot of tension within the employees and they don't work as a unit. Instead focuses on their own responsibilities. Many employees are leaving as well and I'm not surprised why they wouldn't.

Advice to Management

Be more aware of the culture that Saint-Gobain employees have. Working in a toxic environment potentially may be the cause on to why some of these problems arise.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2019-08-02
  9. "Company going through growing pains"

Current Employee - Material Handler in Clearwater, FL
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Health benefits are good. They give out snacks once a month.

Cons

12 1/2 hour shifts. No holidays off. Management doesn't listen to the concerns of employees. As long as the product goes out the door, they don't care how. Material Handlers do more than just move material. In charge of all shipping and kitting, but pay is the same as average, with more responsibility. Other places, these would be three separate jobs. The department has been understaffed for over a year.

Advice to Management

Base pay on performance. Material Handlers without a forklift license should not be on shift and certainly shouldn't make as much money as the people certified.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2019-07-19

"Good company to start out with"

Former Employee - Research Engineer

I worked at Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent benefits and pay. Overall good work culture and coworkers.

Cons

This company is quite heavy on the upper management. The employees doing the work get pulled in different directions depending on the particular upper manager.

Advice to Management

Make a decision, form a plan, communicate to the entire business and workforce, and stick to what you plan. We have seen managers back down hours before executing a plan because they changed their mind at the last minute.

Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics2019-06-20