SaleCycle Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 14 November 2018

3.5
Dominic Edmunds

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Flexible working hours and autonomous working environment" (in 17 reviews)

• "Great flexible working hours, refreshing to work for a company that encourages you to think outside of the box" (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Sales team don’t seem as polished, as I expected they’d be, but there seems to be a lot of effort going in to improving that currently" (in 7 reviews)

• "It is a revolving door of people because the Management team doesn't know what it means to nurture and build, just hire and fire" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great company that's still evolving"

Former Employee - Solutions Consultant in Houghton-le-Spring, England
    Former Employee - Solutions Consultant in Houghton-le-Spring, England

I worked at SaleCycle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A great company with a good culture and many great benefits including healthy snacks, working from other offices, unlimited holidays.

Cons

Only thing to mention would be to introduce a remote working policy.

2. "Simply Outstanding"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Rainton, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Rainton, England

I worked at SaleCycle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I’ve been meaning to write this review for months. Although I was only at Salecycle for a few months and left (on great terms) purely for personal reasons - it was 100% the best company I have ever worked for. I loved so many things about the place. Where do I start?
    Salecycle are innovative and collaborative and always looking for ways to optimise and improve. The staff are very competent but also happy to collaborate and share their knowledge. The management team are outstanding - very understanding and enabling. The people - what do I say - utterly amazing. Such a varied and fun bunch to work with it. They make the place what it is. The culture is great, the management and HR team truly care about the welfare of each single person, I’ve never seen such action oriented and caring setup anywhere else. I’m female and in technology, I never felt that I was treated any differently to anyone else. I notice a previous review mentioning that females don’t do as well at Salecycle - I’ve seen no evidence of that, I was very surprised someone would make that statement as in my eyes, it couldn’t be further from the truth. Aside from all that, they really like to feed you!!! You get (amazing) cakes on pay day and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks drinks etc. And there’s a pool table and a ping pong table which actually is a great thing as you can relax and have some fun with colleagues. I truly enjoyed my time at Salecycle and would have absolutely no reservations at recommending this ambitious, forward thinking and caring employer to anyone.

Cons

Not a single one that I can think of.

Advice to Management

My only suggestion to management is - please consider more opportunities for permanent home working. I completely understand that the family atmosphere is down to everyone being so close and friendly and spending their time together but a right person would make it work regardless.

"Enjoyable"

Former Employee - Enterprise Sales Consultant in Houghton-le-Spring, England
    Former Employee - Enterprise Sales Consultant in Houghton-le-Spring, England

I worked at SaleCycle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

SaleCycle have genuine and lovely staff who are awesome to work with. Whether it'd be in the UK office or US/Paris/Singapore, you'd always get help if you asked. Leaving was an extremely tough decision.

Work/life balance was great with semi-flexi time and unlimited holiday.

Working in sales has its ups and downs but the sales team were very good at sticking together and keeping the positive energy. The opportunity to engage and talk to the biggest, most recognisable B2C brands in the world was always exciting and fun.

It's a fast-paced environment where the companiy is growing at a remarkable rate and looking at new and exciting areas of the market.

Cons

Whilst the growth can be exciting, it also comes with its flaws. Sales in any company does have a higher turnover than other roles. In my time at SaleCycle where I numerous Head of Sales, all with different ideas and plans. Some introducing multiple spreadsheets to report on when everything we did was already logged on SalesForce. Regions were changed numerous times so relationships you'd built up in 3 months were then lost to another colleague (who also lost their relationships.)

For me, the changes frustrated me to the point where, in my head, I would question how long this "new" process would last before it was changed again....my head started wander elsewhere and I felt it was time to move on.

I do feel that the new Head of Sales in NEMEA is the perfect fit for the role and I look forward to hearing how well the team are doing.

Advice to Management

I don't think that I can give you much advice, you're already doing a great job. Yes, mistakes have been made but they weren't drastic and like any growing company, you're learning like everyone else is.

SaleCycle's an awesome place and I have some great memories of my time there, I'd thoroughly recommend it to anyone looking to move into marketing tech.

"A fantastic place - more than a job to me."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, England

I have been working at SaleCycle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I always thought this post would come when I one day sadly leave the company. It felt as though it would the best point to truly reflect on an experience somewhere. I feel compelled to write something now however, having seen what I would consider to be slanderous comments/reviews on here about a company which I really don't think deserves it. I understand there will always be people in a business who become upset or disheartened about particular things, but I really do believe there have been some extreme posts on here which simply lie about SaleCycle and are not truly reflective of the company - which is a shame for everyone who is here and loving it.

It's interesting to read back through months/years of posts/review to see exactly what accusations and predictions for the company have come to fruition. Some have said "it's a sinking ship", "the product isn't competitive", "destined to fail" - however, of course none of these have come true and the company continues to grow and progress more than ever! I have been at SaleCycle for over 3.5 years now and I can honestly say it has been brilliant from start to finish.

Some particular pros for me are:

The people - this isn't a normal company where everybody has their own goals and agendas that come before everything else, people here truly want to help each other and the business succeed. Clearly recruitment has a blueprint for the kind of person who aligns to the SaleCycle culture and it's working.

The perks - unlimited holidays, free food every week, free CAKE on payday, your birthday off if it lands on a weekday, paid volunteer time, opportunities to work in other offices, pool tables, ping pong table, the list goes on... and on and on.

The progression/innovation of the company - In 8+ years the company continues to grow and no matter what you might read on here in some reviews about problems/shortcomings, it stands as strong as ever and continues to dispel any doubt that is it a market-leader and will be for the foreseeable future.

The intentions of the management - This is is very rapidly growing company and issues do crop up naturally as with any business which processes/organisation needs to catch up on, but I feel like Senior Management truly do have the best intentions in every circumstance and that is why things are resolved so well. People come first, and it's not just something that is said - it's really the case.

Cons

Not the business' fault, but Park Management at Rainton are... a little difficult. Whether it's parking problems (which are thankfully now solved), the temperature of the office or even disputes with our food/drink vendors that regularly come, there's always something that seems to be an issue with them.

Communication could still be better across the company, although this feels like another process which is gradually catching up (as many others do with fast-growing companies).

Advice to Management

Continue to think about people first. It's not just a nice thing to say or a good selling point when recruiting, it's genuinely having a really positive impact on everybody, and that ties directly into the productivity and the progression of the company. I love hearing the disbelief of people when I tell them about where we work, and that's all down to the huge efforts to keep people happy and engaged.

"Genuinely an awesome place to work!"

Current Employee - Tech in Durham, England
    Current Employee - Tech in Durham, England

I have been working at SaleCycle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great people.. really great and talented group!
    - Direct management could not do enough to support and help.
    - Senior leadership see the value in people and support growth
    - The future is bright! Some incredible things in the pipelines for the business which promotes great excitement.
    - The client base is huge, meaning exposure to some big name brands across industries
    - Offices all over the globe, with the opportunity to travel

Cons

- The office can get a little hot in the summer

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the boundaries of how far we can go! Seeing real passion in leadership is dynamite.

"A joke. Wish I could give minus 5 stars"

Current Employee - Tech in West Rainton, England
    Current Employee - Tech in West Rainton, England

I have been working at SaleCycle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Annual leave allowance is decent, free junk food and dress code are cool

Cons

Everything else. Especially the top management. “Bullies” doesn’t describe it enough. Unrealistic expectations, mixture of high tech and old school almost local government like behaviour, fake smiles, fake sympathy, fake everything. Also what I have heard from the current female employees - extremely sexist - unless you are a boy in the boys club. I haven’t experienced it myself though.
    The pros are also hidden cons. Dress code? Yeah wear your jeans but look smart too. Annual leave? Great have as much as you want- just make sure you don’t take it. Free food? Fantastic - if you like to get unhealthy.
    Oh and the last thing. Don’t even try to apply if you have any disability. You will get bullied the whole time. Stay away

Advice to Management

Stop pretending that you care. You don’t. Stop trying to be cool, you’re not. You are middle age nerds who act like teenagers - so pathetic.

Hi there
    So, as I'm sure you can guess I took your review very seriously. Since reading your review I have managed to gain feedback from pretty much every member of our Tech team to see if there are... More

"I love it!"

Pros

Great colleagues
    Interesting industry
    Ambitious, profitable, locally started business, but with a global attitude
    Friendly and supportive atmosphere
    Established but evolving product
    Structured processes, but not too stifling
    Autonomy and accountability
    Progression routes available
    Access to the managers of any department whenever needed
    Most of the senior management team are based in the the office and are really knowledgeable, helpful and friendly
    Down to earth CEO
    Nice perks and good holiday allowance

Cons

Gets a bit hot in the office sometimes, but that’s just the age old office temperature issue.

Advice to Management

Continue giving us visibility of company direction and progress, and don’t take too much notice of some of the reviews on here...I’m glad I didn’t!

Hey there
    Thanks for taking the time out to write a review on your experiences of SaleCycle. We value all feedback!

You've highlighted some great parts of SaleCycle culture that makes us the... More

"Great place to work, lot's of exciting things happening"

I have been working at SaleCycle full-time

Pros

The people, everyone is approachable and happy to collaborate. Both in my team and the others.
    Grown up environment, no clock watching or micro management .
    Semi flexible working and the hours are amazing, never been more productive in my working career as I have here and I put it down to this approach.
    The intranet is great for keeping you up to date with everything, really helps you understand what each team are working on and achieving. This shouldn't be overlooked, I've worked in places where it is very poorly kept and you hear of change at the very last minute and not through the proper channels.
    The opportunity to progress seems to happen often, in my time here I have seen several colleagues progress to more senior roles.
    Financially strong, I have noticed a few companies go into liquidation and hit with redundancies over the past 12 months working in the same sector and being regularly kept up to date with how we are doing is good for putting your mind at ease when you see such things happening.
    Line management care, I've been supported throughout my time here and always felt in a position to talk openly to my manager about work and none work related issues and felt like they care.

Cons

The food choice within walking distance could be better but can't really be helped by the company.

Advice to Management

Keep being honest, keep the morale high and keep being approachable.

Hey
    Thanks for your feedback and this is great to hear!
    We try really hard at SaleCycle to treat everyone as an adult which creates our fantastic working environment. Our line managers do... More

"Supportive, Innovative and always moving"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houghton-le-Spring, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houghton-le-Spring, England

I have been working at SaleCycle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Semi-flexible Hours, more than enough annual leave, little perks in the office like free breakfast,drinks and snacks, regular social activities and onsite/ nearby parking. The people are great and I have never felt the usual hierarchy of communication, no idea is a silly idea and noone is made to feel like they don't have an input. The business doesn't stand still and seem recognise that they aren't perfect , but react to it positively.

Changes that need to be made, are made whether it is change to the products and services, the structure or just a step in a new direction, the senior team are always looking forward and getting the business ready for what is to come.

Cons

Not everyone enjoys change, personally I see it as improvement but it can unsettle some people.
    Communicate more between offices

Advice to Management

Keep it up, the place is going from strength to strength because you all care, keep driving things forward and getting stuff done.

Hey
    Thanks for your feedback and you're right, we really want to hear everyone's ideas and opinions. They all matter to us and are equally listened to.

Dom drives SaleCycle forward and this... More

"Great place to work"

I have been working at SaleCycle full-time

Pros

Well organised induction period with realistic expectations
    A very supportive team and line manager
    Excellent atmosphere and morale in office
    All levels of Management have a good relationship with team members
    Flexible working available
    Good scope for personal development and progression
    A good range of benefits available

Cons

Can't think of any right now

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage teams and offices to communicate with each other. Continue to support your staff to development