SaleCycle Reviews

Updated 27 Apr 2021

Found 112 of over 119 reviews

3.2
SaleCycle Founder and CEO Dominic Edmunds (no image)
Dominic Edmunds
Pros
  • "Great flexible working hours, refreshing to work for a company that encourages you to think outside of the box(in 22 reviews)

• "Friendly atmosphere, flexible working hours with the option to spend time in offices in other countries(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Sales team don’t seem as polished, as I expected they’d be, but there seems to be a lot of effort going in to improving that currently(in 6 reviews)

• "The training is non-existent, no one at the office actually knows what the product does(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fantastic Company

10 Jul 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Plenty of opportunities to learn and develop Managers are supportive Great software Lovely team of hard working people Flexible working

Cons

None that I can think of!

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Extremely badly ran business

31 Aug 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Houghton-le-Spring, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working hours was the only pro

Cons

Badly ran business Always changing procedures FD always trying to belittle staff Took full advantage of using COVID as a redundancy excuse for staff Management only let staff progress if they brown nose Staffs opinions are NEVER listened to or understood Unlimited holidays were never really unlimited SaleCycles ‘perks’ definitely get outweighed by all of the negatives Bad office atmosphere

7 people found this review helpful
    3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

The unlimited holidays don’t make up for everything else.

18 Oct 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Houghton-le-Spring, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Unlimited holiday policy (you’ll need this to look after your mental health) - Free snacks

Cons

- ’Managers’ who seem to be experts in delegation but refuse to get stuck in and be team members, you’ll pick up a lot of additional tasks for zero recognition - A very clear divide between departments, with nothing being done to encourage communication - The mental health of employees being completely ignored - Whole teams and offices shut down with little to no explanation, leaving a culture full of rumours and negativity

6 people found this review helpful
    4. 3.0
      Former Employee

Good but some growth pains

1 Mar 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Genuine people who care about each other, their customers and SaleCycle. Good benefits, and renumeration.

Cons

Lost a little of their focus on people during my time there. From my understanding this may have changed with reasonably recent HR department and leadership restructure.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Avoid SaleCycle where possible!

30 Nov 2020 - Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working life, good hours.

Cons

Poor Management. Back Stabbing. Used COVID as an excuse to remove people who challenged the narrative. Made redundancies and then advertised the exact same roles with a slight change to the job title.

4 people found this review helpful
    6. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

It's a bad time to be at SaleCycle

12 Jul 2020 - Anonymous in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Good work-life balance. - Flexible working hours. - Still has some great people to work with.

Cons

- SaleCycle has been in decline for a few years. - Many talented people have recently resigned or been made redundant. - Although SaleCycle has struggled with the pandemic, they also used it to their advantage. SaleCycle used the chaos of COVID-19 as an excuse to make the business lean. - No vision, the founding CEO of the business “resigned” recently. - The vibe is very dull at the moment. - Was a great place to work a few years ago, very sad to see the state of it today.

8 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

I’m still here

25 Feb 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Durham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve been with the company longer than any position that I’ve held previously. I think it’s good fit for me and keeps me motivated. I know people across the digital marketing sector who are concerned about market conditions due to BREXIT, Retail woes, GDPR etc but the business is always transparent with its financial updates and I feel I made a good choice when looking a company with financial security and big ambitions. It’s a hard line to walk but I think they’ve got it right.

Cons

I think the desire to grow has meant that hiring standards dropped for a while and rectifying that meant clearing out some people who would be better suited to other careers or places of employment. It’s a shame but its a business at the end of the day and personally I want to work with the best so I understand it.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

As a developer, probably one of the best tech companies I've worked for

17 Feb 2019 - Software Engineer in Houghton-le-Spring, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is the first review I've given on Glassdoor, so I'd like to think that counts for something. I've been at SaleCycle for half a year now but have been at various tech companies in North East England for the last 6+ years. SaleCycle is a rare gem for developers. The biggest pro for me is how the teams are managed, with a flat structure everyone has a say in how projects are architected and built and I've never felt undermined or like my opinion doesn't count - which I've seen a lot at prior companies. Senior management are also actively involved in projects and JP (the interim CTO, formerly Head of Development) is always first to get involved and throw suggestions to problems or ideas for projects. The other pros for SaleCycle are around tech stack, although no company is perfect and we still have our fair share of legacy code. It is actively being replaced. Bit by bit chunks of the legacy codebase is being rewritten and migrated to our new stack. SaleCycle is a polyglot dev house, which is another big benefit to me - you're not stuck with one solution for all problems. Teams work in/or with a combination of Java, Kotlin, Go, Node, C# and React + Redux. Everything sits in AWS, and all infrastructure is backed by Cloudformation. We have a CI/CD pipeline set up through CircleCI. I guess the other pros from a dev perspective would be things like the Personal Development Time which is always pushed to be taken - I've been at places where we've had this but no time to take it, SaleCycle actively want their tech team to do this - which is fantastic in my opinion. Personal Development Time gives you half a day every 2 weeks to learn something on work time that's interesting to you. Most of the tech team use this as an opportunity to work on passion projects or work on their engineering weak spots. Probably the final benefit for me is that SaleCycle's domain and problems we're trying to solve are genuinely interesting and the amount of data that is being processed day-by-day and how it's being utilised is amazing.

Cons

No companies perfect, for me the biggest con is the flat structure. I find that sometimes decisions that could have been made quickly can go on for longer than needed - sometimes you need a person to dictate the solution and a hierarchy of decision makers. We still have a reliance on a legacy tech stack, but as I've said above it's being migrated away bit by bit. Most projects sitting in teams are around splitting up and rewriting the old stack.

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Company, plenty of learning opportinities

4 Jul 2019 - Software Engineer in Durham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learning new tech stack Microservices divers language options, Unlimited Holidays

Cons

this is five words to mean minimum criteria of glassdoor

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Simply Outstanding

7 Nov 2018 - Anonymous Employee in West Rainton, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve been meaning to write this review for months. Although I was only at Salecycle for a few months and left (on great terms) purely for personal reasons - it was 100% the best company I have ever worked for. I loved so many things about the place. Where do I start? Salecycle are innovative and collaborative and always looking for ways to optimise and improve. The staff are very competent but also happy to collaborate and share their knowledge. The management team are outstanding - very understanding and enabling. The people - what do I say - utterly amazing. Such a varied and fun bunch to work with it. They make the place what it is. The culture is great, the management and HR team truly care about the welfare of each single person, I’ve never seen such action oriented and caring setup anywhere else. I’m female and in technology, I never felt that I was treated any differently to anyone else. I notice a previous review mentioning that females don’t do as well at Salecycle - I’ve seen no evidence of that, I was very surprised someone would make that statement as in my eyes, it couldn’t be further from the truth. Aside from all that, they really like to feed you!!! You get (amazing) cakes on pay day and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks drinks etc. And there’s a pool table and a ping pong table which actually is a great thing as you can relax and have some fun with colleagues. I truly enjoyed my time at Salecycle and would have absolutely no reservations at recommending this ambitious, forward thinking and caring employer to anyone.

Cons

Not a single one that I can think of.

Be the first to find this review helpful