SaleCycle Reviews

Updated 12 Jul 2020

3.5
SaleCycle Founder and CEO Dominic Edmunds (no image)
Dominic Edmunds
Pros
  • "Great flexible working hours, refreshing to work for a company that encourages you to think outside of the box(in 19 reviews)

• "Friendly atmosphere, flexible working hours with the option to spend time in offices in other countries(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "The training is non-existent, no one at the office actually knows what the product does(in 6 reviews)

• "Sales team don’t seem as polished, as I expected they’d be, but there seems to be a lot of effort going in to improving that currently(in 6 reviews)

1. "Fantastic Company"

I worked at SaleCycle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Plenty of opportunities to learn and develop Managers are supportive Great software Lovely team of hard working people Flexible working

Cons

None that I can think of!

2. "It's a bad time to be at SaleCycle"

2.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at SaleCycle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Good work-life balance. - Flexible working hours. - Still has some great people to work with.

Cons

- SaleCycle has been in decline for a few years. - Many talented people have recently resigned or been made redundant. - Although SaleCycle has struggled with the pandemic, they also used it to their advantage. SaleCycle used the chaos of COVID-19 as an excuse to make the business lean. - No vision, the founding CEO of the business “resigned” recently. - The vibe is very dull at the moment. - Was a great place to work a few years ago, very sad to see the state of it today.

Continue reading
  3. "Good Company, plenty of learning opportinities"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Durham, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at SaleCycle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Learning new tech stack Microservices divers language options, Unlimited Holidays

Cons

this is five words to mean minimum criteria of glassdoor

"I’m still here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, England

I have been working at SaleCycle full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I’ve been with the company longer than any position that I’ve held previously. I think it’s good fit for me and keeps me motivated. I know people across the digital marketing sector who are concerned about market conditions due to BREXIT, Retail woes, GDPR etc but the business is always transparent with its financial updates and I feel I made a good choice when looking a company with financial security and big ambitions. It’s a hard line to walk but I think they’ve got it right.

Cons

I think the desire to grow has meant that hiring standards dropped for a while and rectifying that meant clearing out some people who would be better suited to other careers or places of employment. It’s a shame but its a business at the end of the day and personally I want to work with the best so I understand it.

Continue reading

"As a developer, probably one of the best tech companies I've worked for"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Houghton-le-Spring, England

I have been working at SaleCycle full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is the first review I've given on Glassdoor, so I'd like to think that counts for something. I've been at SaleCycle for half a year now but have been at various tech companies in North East England for the last 6+ years. SaleCycle is a rare gem for developers. The biggest pro for me is how the teams are managed, with a flat structure everyone has a say in how projects are architected and built and I've never felt undermined or like my opinion doesn't count - which I've seen a lot at prior companies. Senior management are also actively involved in projects and JP (the interim CTO, formerly Head of Development) is always first to get involved and throw suggestions to problems or ideas for projects. The other pros for SaleCycle are around tech stack, although no company is perfect and we still have our fair share of legacy code. It is actively being replaced. Bit by bit chunks of the legacy codebase is being rewritten and migrated to our new stack. SaleCycle is a polyglot dev house, which is another big benefit to me - you're not stuck with one solution for all problems. Teams work in/or with a combination of Java, Kotlin, Go, Node, C# and React + Redux. Everything sits in AWS, and all infrastructure is backed by Cloudformation. We have a CI/CD pipeline set up through CircleCI. I guess the other pros from a dev perspective would be things like the Personal Development Time which is always pushed to be taken - I've been at places where we've had this but no time to take it, SaleCycle actively want their tech team to do this - which is fantastic in my opinion. Personal Development Time gives you half a day every 2 weeks to learn something on work time that's interesting to you. Most of the tech team use this as an opportunity to work on passion projects or work on their engineering weak spots. Probably the final benefit for me is that SaleCycle's domain and problems we're trying to solve are genuinely interesting and the amount of data that is being processed day-by-day and how it's being utilised is amazing.

Cons

No companies perfect, for me the biggest con is the flat structure. I find that sometimes decisions that could have been made quickly can go on for longer than needed - sometimes you need a person to dictate the solution and a hierarchy of decision makers. We still have a reliance on a legacy tech stack, but as I've said above it's being migrated away bit by bit. Most projects sitting in teams are around splitting up and rewriting the old stack.

"Great company that's still evolving"

Former Employee - Solutions Consultant in Houghton-le-Spring, England

I worked at SaleCycle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A great company with a good culture and many great benefits including healthy snacks, working from other offices, unlimited holidays.

Cons

Only thing to mention would be to introduce a remote working policy.

7. "Simply Outstanding"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Rainton, England

I worked at SaleCycle full-time for less than a year

Pros

I’ve been meaning to write this review for months. Although I was only at Salecycle for a few months and left (on great terms) purely for personal reasons - it was 100% the best company I have ever worked for. I loved so many things about the place. Where do I start? Salecycle are innovative and collaborative and always looking for ways to optimise and improve. The staff are very competent but also happy to collaborate and share their knowledge. The management team are outstanding - very understanding and enabling. The people - what do I say - utterly amazing. Such a varied and fun bunch to work with it. They make the place what it is. The culture is great, the management and HR team truly care about the welfare of each single person, I’ve never seen such action oriented and caring setup anywhere else. I’m female and in technology, I never felt that I was treated any differently to anyone else. I notice a previous review mentioning that females don’t do as well at Salecycle - I’ve seen no evidence of that, I was very surprised someone would make that statement as in my eyes, it couldn’t be further from the truth. Aside from all that, they really like to feed you!!! You get (amazing) cakes on pay day and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks drinks etc. And there’s a pool table and a ping pong table which actually is a great thing as you can relax and have some fun with colleagues. I truly enjoyed my time at Salecycle and would have absolutely no reservations at recommending this ambitious, forward thinking and caring employer to anyone.

Cons

Not a single one that I can think of.

"Enjoyable"

4.0
    Former Employee - Enterprise Sales Consultant in Houghton-le-Spring, England

I worked at SaleCycle full-time for more than a year

Pros

SaleCycle have genuine and lovely staff who are awesome to work with. Whether it'd be in the UK office or US/Paris/Singapore, you'd always get help if you asked. Leaving was an extremely tough decision. Work/life balance was great with semi-flexi time and unlimited holiday. Working in sales has its ups and downs but the sales team were very good at sticking together and keeping the positive energy. The opportunity to engage and talk to the biggest, most recognisable B2C brands in the world was always exciting and fun. It's a fast-paced environment where the companiy is growing at a remarkable rate and looking at new and exciting areas of the market.

Cons

Whilst the growth can be exciting, it also comes with its flaws. Sales in any company does have a higher turnover than other roles. In my time at SaleCycle where I numerous Head of Sales, all with different ideas and plans. Some introducing multiple spreadsheets to report on when everything we did was already logged on SalesForce. Regions were changed numerous times so relationships you'd built up in 3 months were then lost to another colleague (who also lost their relationships.) For me, the changes frustrated me to the point where, in my head, I would question how long this "new" process would last before it was changed again....my head started wander elsewhere and I felt it was time to move on. I do feel that the new Head of Sales in NEMEA is the perfect fit for the role and I look forward to hearing how well the team are doing.

March 11, 2019Head of Employee Engagement

Hey Its been a while since this was posted, and I wanted to drop a response to say that the Head of Sales is still in position so we now have the stability that was perhaps lacking previously. We're still an awesome place to work and the positives you gave about the business still very much apply. Thanks for taking the time out to write this fab review Ali

"A fantastic place - more than a job to me."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, England

I have been working at SaleCycle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I always thought this post would come when I one day sadly leave the company. It felt as though it would the best point to truly reflect on an experience somewhere. I feel compelled to write something now however, having seen what I would consider to be slanderous comments/reviews on here about a company which I really don't think deserves it. I understand there will always be people in a business who become upset or disheartened about particular things, but I really do believe there have been some extreme posts on here which simply lie about SaleCycle and are not truly reflective of the company - which is a shame for everyone who is here and loving it. It's interesting to read back through months/years of posts/review to see exactly what accusations and predictions for the company have come to fruition. Some have said "it's a sinking ship", "the product isn't competitive", "destined to fail" - however, of course none of these have come true and the company continues to grow and progress more than ever! I have been at SaleCycle for over 3.5 years now and I can honestly say it has been brilliant from start to finish. Some particular pros for me are: The people - this isn't a normal company where everybody has their own goals and agendas that come before everything else, people here truly want to help each other and the business succeed. Clearly recruitment has a blueprint for the kind of person who aligns to the SaleCycle culture and it's working. The perks - unlimited holidays, free food every week, free CAKE on payday, your birthday off if it lands on a weekday, paid volunteer time, opportunities to work in other offices, pool tables, ping pong table, the list goes on... and on and on. The progression/innovation of the company - In 8+ years the company continues to grow and no matter what you might read on here in some reviews about problems/shortcomings, it stands as strong as ever and continues to dispel any doubt that is it a market-leader and will be for the foreseeable future. The intentions of the management - This is is very rapidly growing company and issues do crop up naturally as with any business which processes/organisation needs to catch up on, but I feel like Senior Management truly do have the best intentions in every circumstance and that is why things are resolved so well. People come first, and it's not just something that is said - it's really the case.

Cons

Not the business' fault, but Park Management at Rainton are... a little difficult. Whether it's parking problems (which are thankfully now solved), the temperature of the office or even disputes with our food/drink vendors that regularly come, there's always something that seems to be an issue with them. Communication could still be better across the company, although this feels like another process which is gradually catching up (as many others do with fast-growing companies).

March 11, 2019Head of Employee Engagement

Hi I am really pleased that you took the time out to write this review. After reading negative reviews about the business that I love it is fantastic to see that I'm not the only person who thinks we're an amazing place to work! I'm hoping that, although a few months have passed since you posted this review, that you still feel exactly the same (although I also hope that communications has got a little better already...) Ali

"Genuinely an awesome place to work!"

Current Employee - Tech in Durham, England

I have been working at SaleCycle full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great people.. really great and talented group! - Direct management could not do enough to support and help. - Senior leadership see the value in people and support growth - The future is bright! Some incredible things in the pipelines for the business which promotes great excitement. - The client base is huge, meaning exposure to some big name brands across industries - Offices all over the globe, with the opportunity to travel

Cons

- The office can get a little hot in the summer

March 11, 2019Head of Employee Engagement

Hi Thank you for taking the time out to leave a Glassdoor review. I completely agree with your feedback and we put a lot of thought into everything to do with the business and how we 'do business'. Its a great place to work and its great to hear that you Love What You Do! Ali

Found 108 reviews