Samsung Electronics America Reviews

2.7
Samsung Electronics America President and CEO YH Eom
YH Eom
Cons
  1. "Fast Paced and Steep learning"

I have been working at Samsung Electronics America full-time

Pros

Fast paced environment with freedom to take responsibility and learn a huge amount. Working at one of the biggest brands in the world is exciting and you get to work with the resources of Samsung behind you.

Cons

Management support is lacking and long term business strategy is undermined by short him pressure to hit revenue targets.

Samsung Electronics America2019-02-08

Samsung Electronics America Response

February 25, 2019People Experience

Thank you for your kind review! We love hearing that you've found Samsung to be a place of continuous learning. Due to our lean workplace philosophy, our people have the opportunity to work cross-functionally and touch multiple areas of the business, which opens the door to immense growth. Sincerely, Your Employee Engagement Team

2. "Good company"

I worked at Samsung Electronics America full-time

Pros

good employee development program encouraging working environment, do not have to be afraid of making mistakes. good team members, and learning support

Cons

sometimes can be quite long in terms of working hours. not 9 to 5 definitely. from time to time no Sat. hard to get to the top positions without Korean culture background

Samsung Electronics America2015-06-16

"An Organization for those who want to Profit."

2.0
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in London, England

I have been working at Samsung Electronics America part-time for more than a year

Pros

Its not hard to list the benefits of working in a multi-billion dollar,world market leading,iPhone killing,global organization.The high salary,the innovation,the coolness is all part of the experience.When the world makes a new technological advancement,we are already a step ahead.Add playing with funky cool gadgets and future tech.A place of opportunities for entrepreneurs,technology fans and geeks. P.S: And you get to play with all the new GALAXIES.

Cons

However Samsung only accepts the very best.Working is the only way to move forward here.The time-off policies could have been better,as well as their treatment of junior workers.Salary is only high for those who personally know or have contacts with the CEO (He needs to go). Samsung also has racial problems with Asian,and non-Korean workers.This needs to change.To the public,Samsung seems a far less friendly company than Apple.

Samsung Electronics America2014-08-01
  4. "Great Company - not so great management"

Former Employee - Senior QA Engineer I

I worked at Samsung Electronics America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Big Name company good perks

Cons

People in management roles who are not people managers, or managers at all

Samsung Electronics America2020-05-20
  5. "Excellent place to work and grow"

Current Employee - Field Sales Manager

I have been working at Samsung Electronics America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Company cares about their employees, even through this challenging times. Growth path may be limited if you can relocate, but they give you all the tools and opportunities to move up if you work at it. Decent work life balance, but prepared to work. This isn't a kick back job. Flexibility in being able to schedule as you see fit, flex times as well. Fantastic benefits, some of the best I've had in 20 years in Wireless. Good perks and chances to travel. Love the people I work with, and even at the highest level, they care about their people. Communication is open and honest, and they accept feed forward as well. Training and coaching really can set you up for growth. I love working at Samsung.

Cons

Again, opportunities to move up could be limiting based on where you live, and what area you are in. Sometimes the work can pull you away from work life balance, but it typically happens during naturally heavier times like launches and holidays. Lastly, could benefit from a few extra perks other wireless manufacturers have in terms of deeper discounts for employees, and carrier partnerships on monthly billing, but that's just being picky.

Samsung Electronics America2020-05-18
  6. "Positive changes last three years, but be ready to work hard."

Current Employee - Field Sales Manager in Denver, CO
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Samsung Electronics America full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Get to work with, present and learn about the latest tech. Outstanding benefits and great support during COVID-19. Great LGBTQ inclusiveness.

Cons

In the past work life balance was rough, but there have been recent positive changes with new leadership. Hoping for good things moving forward.

Samsung Electronics America2020-05-18
  7. "Good Place to Work"

Former Employee - Field Sales Manager

I worked at Samsung Electronics America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits for health insurance

Cons

always changing enviornment and expectations

Samsung Electronics America2020-05-11

"Competitive salaries"

I worked at Samsung Electronics America full-time

Pros

Salary was competitive along with perks and discounts on products throughout the year with flexible remote work options as work from home is accepted at Samsung.

Cons

Top down culture, people on the bottom don't have a say, it's dominated by HQ in South Korea

Samsung Electronics America2020-05-06

"Great place to work for some"

Former Employee - Senior Human Resources Manager

I worked at Samsung Electronics America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great opportunities for development if you can own your career and make the most of your time there. Total Rewards is top notch

Cons

Difficult to advance. Work is chaotic.

Samsung Electronics America2020-04-24
  10. "Pretty! Best perks in my opinion"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Samsung Electronics America full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work life balance and great cafe! Free lunch, cheap dinner. Great company perks.

Cons

dispatchers are culture bleeds over. meaning its an asian culture work place.

Samsung Electronics America2020-04-24