Samsung Electronics America Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 2 Jul 2020

2.9
Samsung Electronics America President and CEO YH Eom
YH Eom
Pros
Cons
  • "In the past work life balance was rough, but there have been recent positive changes with new leadership(in 159 reviews)

• "All approvals have to come from Korea(in 78 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews

"Ok"

Current Intern - Purchasing Intern in Newberry, SC

I have been working at Samsung Electronics America for less than a year

Pros

Honestly not too many pros, the other interns were great that’s why this is a 3-star rating. We also got a good amazing of free stuff and lunches.

Cons

Not a welcoming experience. Also very disorganized. Everyone there had a terrible work life balance. Upper management gets mad when you question them or even make suggestions.

"Ok Company"

2.0
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Samsung Electronics America full-time

Pros

Good products, big in the industry, coworkers

Cons

Work life balance, top down culture

3. "I have loved working here!"

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist

I have been working at Samsung Electronics America full-time for less than a year

Pros

You will work with great people!

Cons

Samsung has high expectations, which is more a pro than a con, but can be a con as far as work-life balance.

"Cool Work, Subpar Team"

Former Employee - Category Manager in Ridgefield Park, NJ

I worked at Samsung Electronics America full-time

Pros

Samsung is a great company with many talented people Products are top of the line Work Life Balance is within reason

Cons

Office and its location are BOOTLEG for a tech company Leadership frequently are not aligned Minimal room for growth/upward mobility Pay is FAR below industry standard

Continue reading
  5. "Excellent place to work and grow"

Current Employee - Field Sales Manager

I have been working at Samsung Electronics America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Company cares about their employees, even through this challenging times. Growth path may be limited if you can relocate, but they give you all the tools and opportunities to move up if you work at it. Decent work life balance, but prepared to work. This isn't a kick back job. Flexibility in being able to schedule as you see fit, flex times as well. Fantastic benefits, some of the best I've had in 20 years in Wireless. Good perks and chances to travel. Love the people I work with, and even at the highest level, they care about their people. Communication is open and honest, and they accept feed forward as well. Training and coaching really can set you up for growth. I love working at Samsung.

Cons

Again, opportunities to move up could be limiting based on where you live, and what area you are in. Sometimes the work can pull you away from work life balance, but it typically happens during naturally heavier times like launches and holidays. Lastly, could benefit from a few extra perks other wireless manufacturers have in terms of deeper discounts for employees, and carrier partnerships on monthly billing, but that's just being picky.

6. COVID-19

"Positive changes last three years, but be ready to work hard."

Current Employee - Field Sales Manager in Denver, CO
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Samsung Electronics America full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Get to work with, present and learn about the latest tech. Outstanding benefits and great support during COVID-19. Great LGBTQ inclusiveness.

Cons

In the past work life balance was rough, but there have been recent positive changes with new leadership. Hoping for good things moving forward.

Continue reading
  7. "Pretty! Best perks in my opinion"

4.0
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in San Jose, CA

Pros

Great work life balance and great cafe! Free lunch, cheap dinner. Great company perks.

Cons

dispatchers are culture bleeds over. meaning its an asian culture work place.

"Worst working experience"

1.0
    Former Contractor - Accounts Receivable Specialist in Ridgefield Park, Bergen, NJ

I worked at Samsung Electronics America for less than a year

Pros

Overtime Pay, Cafeteria and Gym facilities

Cons

No Company culture, No HR Management, the directors and managers control everything. Be ready to work long draining hours without any appreciation. Most employees do not speak in English. A lot of pressure from management. Zero Work life balance.

"50/50"

Current Employee - Field Sales Manager in Edison, NJ
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Samsung Electronics America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

First hand knowledge of latest innovation Benefits Prestige

Cons

Work life balance does not exist Travel per diem Flexibility

Continue reading

"No Work Life Balance or Compassion"

2.0
    Former Employee - Field Sales Manager

I worked at Samsung Electronics America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fair pay compared to similar jobs at other companies. If you interview here, negotiate tough if you're offered a job.

Cons

There isn't a work life balance. No consistent schedule. Senior leadership doesn't care about employees at all. HR is more robotic than human.

Found 176 reviews