Samsung Research America Reviews

Found 377 of over 514 reviews

3.8
Samsung Research America President Wonil Roh
Wonil Roh
Pros
  • "Great work life balance for most people(in 31 reviews)

• "Excellent overall work environment(in 30 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There is no stock for compensation(in 21 reviews)

• "SRA is a subsidiary of global Samsung(in 20 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

62 Comments

Tech

284.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Samsung Research America~295294
    Join the conversation on
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee

samsung

Dec 7, 2020 - Analyst in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

good corporate brand and office

Cons

lack of flexibility and friendlieness

Sr. manager HR Ops

Hello and thank you for your review. We wish you the best.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee

interaction design intern

Jul 12, 2017 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

depending on the team, great people to work with. intern program is also usually lot of fun

Cons

have to find your own project which is difficult in intern position.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to work

Aug 11, 2022 - Principal in Mountain View, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Open-minded people. Great facilities. Dog-friendly office. Diversity.

Cons

Top Korean exec-driven company. Mostly rely on a Top-down approach rather than Bottoms-up.

4. 1.0
      Current Employee

Poor Design Culture and Low Compensation

Aug 8, 2022 - Staff Product Designer in Mountain View, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

None - there are no pros.

Cons

Worked for 5 years with no incentives and only 3% raise YoY

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Very good

Jun 27, 2022 - Optical Design Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very great company proud to be part of it

Cons

No free food and taxes compensation

Director, Workforce Communications & Engagement

Thank you for your feedback. It's great to hear you are enjoying your time at SRA. We are happy to share that we do offer free lunch for eligible employees and subsidize 50% of everything else. Email us at HRFeedback@samsung.com for more information.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good team but too many self inflicted wounds from Korea Mothership

Jun 18, 2022 - Senior Staff ASIC Engineer in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good team. US mgmt team overall is pretty good. Try to make the best mobile GPU to beat Qualcomm and Apple. I think the latest strategy to take on competitor is sound so potential is there.

Cons

But G2/Korea mothership keep on changing directions, redirecting resources and cancel projects. They dug a hole so deep themselves it maybe too late for them to catch up to their competitors.

Continue reading

Director, Workforce Communications & Engagement

Hello there. Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoy working with your team. Feel free to email us at HRFeedback@samsung.com. Have a great day.

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Worse company and avoid, it will ruin your career

Jul 5, 2022 - Research Scientist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cannot imagine one, maybe free coffee?

Cons

This is the worst company I have ever worked, no management at all, especially on the software side. The management is chaos and there is no clear direction of any products. There are lots of researchers in so called "AI center" walking around and do little or garbage works. They got more money than the Korean head quarter but the only things they know is to copy, from everywhere: open-source GitHub, published code and other company's codebase. I believe Samsung will get sued for this very soon. I opted to leave because they asked me to use some online code to put in Samsung's software, I refused and left. Lots of incapable researchers and managers, very dangerous place to stay. Stay aways from this place if you don't want to be part of the accomplice

Continue reading
      1 person found this review helpful

Director, Workforce Communications & Engagement

Thank you for your feedback. We wish you could have given this feedback when you were an employee; Internal investigation will be conducted based on the feedback. We do appreciate your effort to make SRA a great place to work.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good working enviroment

May 27, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly colleagues High salary Good

Cons

Stressfull job Huge load of works

Director, Workforce Communications & Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. It's great to hear you enjoyed your time at SRA. Best of luck to you in your next chapter.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Worst possible place to work

Jun 15, 2022 - Senior User Experience Designer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really none. Easy starting point to IT industry because they're always hiring?

Cons

Poor salary, promotions based on politics, horrible work & life balance, incompetent upper management, more like a subcontractor design company for HQ, no room for creativity. Avoid if possible.

1 person found this review helpful

Director, Workforce Communications & Engagement

We are sorry to hear about your negative experience. We wish you the best in your next chapter.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good and Bad

May 26, 2022 - Sales and Marketing Associate in Jersey City, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company, great people. Great place to work

Cons

Tough organization. Cheap salary. Input jobs

Director, Workforce Communications & Engagement

Thank you for your feedback. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 377 Reviews

Samsung Research America Reviews FAQs

Samsung Research America has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 514 reviews left anonymously by employees. 69% of employees would recommend working at Samsung Research America to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Samsung Research America employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Samsung Research America. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

69% of Samsung Research America employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Samsung Research America 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Samsung Research America to be career development, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Samsung Research America Job Seekers