ScS Sofas Employee Reviews about "sofas"

Updated Dec 3, 2020

Found 4 of over 116 reviews

3.7
ScS Sofas CEO David Knight (no image)
David Knight
Pros
  • "nice people, good training, management(in 4 reviews)

• "It's all about lifting sofas and dusting tables(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours as per any retail job, but the rewards far outweigh the cons(in 12 reviews)

• "Work/life balance could be better(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "sofas"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company to work for

Dec 3, 2020 - Sales Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

They have looked after all staff through both lockdowns and have the best commission structure out of all sofa retailers

Cons

Not many cons other than alot of 6 day weeks

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Sep 24, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Sofas are nice and that

Cons

Problems everywhere you look in the place

ScS Sofas Response

Recruitment Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It’s great to hear you liked our products however, it is of course disappointing to see we could have improved your time with us. We do encourage our team members to make us aware of any problems or suggestions they may have by reaching out to their manager or our HR department. We feel this is vital so we can help at the time and improve as an employer. ScS HR team

3. 1.0
      Current Contractor, more than 1 year

They work you till you drop

Mar 1, 2019 - Sales in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Scs Promise sales salaries of up to 35k. I've worked there 1 year and got about 20k. It's all about lifting sofas and dusting tables. And then they spring upom you that you have to work until 10pm.

Cons

Money is basic salary.

Continue reading
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Sales Manager

Sep 11, 2018 - Sales Manager in Nottingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working for SCS now for 9 years and have been a sales manager for 6 years. SCS is a great company to work for with very good salaries and bonus structures with fantastic earning potential with uncapped commission.If you want to progress up the ladder into management SCS is a great company to do so I have worked with many sales people in my 9 years that have progressed to sales managers store managers and even regional managers. Also there are always competitions running with various manufactures we deal with which can be anything from £5000 holiday vouchers and even all expenses paid trips to Las Vegas . I know friends outside of SCS that work in other furniture stores that offer nothing like this to their staff. In my opinion SCS is definitely a company that know were they are going and want to get too. Currently SCS are the only 5 star rated trust pilot Sofa and carpet retailer which fills customers as well as staff with confidence.

Cons

I can only think of one con one being I think the systems could be more up to date with ipads instead of lots of paperwork but I have herd this is something that is being looked into within SCS and will not be long until this will be rolled out throughout the company.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews