Scania Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.0
Scania CEO Per Hallberg
Per Hallberg
Pros
Cons
  • "o tem plano de carreira, caso queira subir de cargo tem que mudar de setor, mas mesmo assim n(in 38 reviews)

• "es criativas justamente pelo alto respeito ao plano de carreira proposto(in 37 reviews)

1. "Great"

Current Employee - Aftersales in Banbury, England

I have been working at Scania full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love my job and the people I work with, this makes my experience working for scania even better.

Cons

Long hours and not that great pay for the hours.

Scania2018-06-21
  2. "Horrible place"

Former Employee - Technician in Middleton, Greater Manchester, North West England, England

I worked at Scania

Pros

The company car scheme is very good

Cons

Lots of cons avoid this place

Scania2019-06-09
  3. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Scania full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly Colleages. Good staff benefits such discount at retailers and a good deal on a lease cars through the VW Staff Scheme. Annual pay rises.

Cons

Limited capacity to progress as people tend to stay in their role for years,regardless if they are good or bad, it’s very much a who you know culture to get promoted,also it’s seems you are rewarded for failure,plenty of times I have seen people who were useless at their role get moved on to better things, as the people who excel get nothing.

Advice to Management

The business need to communicate better to regional staff ,it’s still a case of them and us mentality depot vs head office, also instead if spending vast amount of money on head office staff events, staffing levels at local depots are seriously low and the workload on staff is becoming unbearable.

Scania2018-11-29

"Poor management"

Former Employee - Paint Sprayer in Sheffield, England

I worked at Scania full-time for less than a year

Pros

No reason to work here

Cons

Everyone is on different contracts and pay no team spirit at all

Scania2018-08-03

"If bullying and rows are your thing this could be right up your street"

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in West Thurrock, England

I worked at Scania full-time for less than a year

Pros

Never found any did not stay that long

Cons

Found myself working at Thurrock not by choice I must add . I had heard some bad things about this company they turned out to be all true . Gone now thank God!

Advice to Management

Get a grip

Scania2018-06-27

"Political, Draconian, Resistant to Change"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Scania full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Good range of food at the canteen - Pay (for myself) is among the industry average - Investing in a new office (much needed) - Employees are passionate about the brand

Cons

- Never have I worked in an office with as much political drama as Scania GB - For a relatively small HQ implementing change is extremely difficult, many hoops to jump/red tape - Average length of service has resulted in institutionalised staff who are resistant to what is standard industry practice from being implemented - Bullying amongst management seems to be accepted, I have witnessed a manager shout down an...

Advice to Management

- Ignore Sweden and invest in IT infrastructure now - Performance manage those employees out of the business who are coasting/riding towards retirement - Change management structure - Bring in a range of consultants for all business areas to review, recommend and implement improvements - Consider reviewing the benefits package for all employees e.g. buy and sell holiday, flexi time, dress down days, job share, Christmas...

Scania2018-04-16

"Bullys"

Former Employee - HGV Technician in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England

I worked at Scania full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Jobs a job wouldn't recommend

Cons

Bully management put me through hell in the time I was there was told I wasn't good enough and undermined. I wrote several grievances to HR but this was swept under carpet I have since moved on and advanced my career away from this mess

Advice to Management

Advice to Scania is look at the management core in gb and get rid of the secret handshake club .

Scania2018-04-01

"Complete lack of capability in the UK"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England

I worked at Scania full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you really liked Mad Men then you will really like this.

Cons

If you are female your boss will steal your ideas and present them as his own. They are utter laggards. The capability of the management team is astonishingly poor. Bullying is widespread.

Advice to Management

Bring in consultants to restructure your business, and fresh blood from industry experts.

Scania2017-08-05

"Favoritism and blinkered, but Historically a great company to work for... Love working for them!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Scania full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great product, Can progress within the company if you say the right things to the right people, If you are a 'yes man', you could have a great future. Agree if you work past 4 years of service, chances are you don't want to move on anywhere else, unless forced too.

Cons

Show any sign of progression and voice an opinion, then you will be thrown to the Wolves. Senior Management have there favorites who can do no wrong at branch level, even though some are very condescending and goes beyond bullying (Verbal) Company Core Value - Respect for the individual - Only if your face fits.

Advice to Management

Don't forget about experience of long term employees, just because we are not the 'new wave' of management, we still have branch, customer knowledge. Don't destroy the enthusiasm in employees.

Scania2017-03-20

"Culture of bullying"

I worked at Scania full-time

Pros

The salary is reasonable and the benefits package is good.

Cons

Bullying is accepted, minority groups not respected. Management is unwilling to stand up to long standing members of staff who treat others poorly. Nepatisum is evident.

Advice to Management

Bring in more experience from outside the company, stand up to those who treat others poorly. Just because something has been done one way for several years does not mean that it works.

Scania2017-02-05