Schuh Limited Employee Reviews about "part time"

Updated Oct 30, 2020

Found 34 of over 804 reviews

4.2
Pros
  • "Good pay, friendly managers, good discount, relaxed work environment(in 61 reviews)

• "good discount great opportunity to work up in the company and amazing people to work with(in 60 reviews)

• Cons
  • "stupid confusing overtime schedule , mainly 3 hour shifts(in 18 reviews)

• "Low pay and frequent cut shifts slow months as a part time employee(in 18 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "part time"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Sales Assistant

Oct 30, 2020 - Student in Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Worked here part-time for 4 years during my studies, very flexible and works around my schedule, great job

Cons

Short 4-5 shifts most of the time, full day shifts available sometimes

2. 4.0

Decent enough

Oct 16, 2020 - Sales Advisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice culture and environment, promote from within, great with students who work part-time.

Cons

Pay should be better. Also a possible review of a potential commission scheme like competitors would be good.

3. 4.0

Good place to work.

Aug 15, 2020 - Retail Sales Assistant in Reading, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours and a good company culture. Offered good training and support and there was a good management system in the store.

Cons

Low pay and frequent cut shifts slow months as a part time employee.

4. 4.0

Lovely Staff

Jul 21, 2020 - Sales Advisor in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The staff there are fun to work with

Cons

There's not enough hours. Part-time staff are usually contracted for 3 hours per week.

5. 4.0

Friendly Managers & Nice Discounts

Mar 8, 2020 - Sales Advisor in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Really good discounts on shoes. - Managers are really friendly and talk to you like an equal. - Get perks on your birthday e.g. paid day off or a discount more than 40%.

Cons

- They tend to hire you on a three hour contract, if part time I am assuming. So for someone looking for more hours, it's either on a first come first serve basis, or they send you shift requests which you have to accept or decline. - Discounts are limited, however you get a few 40%, a lot of 25% and many 15%.

6. 4.0

Flexible working hours

Nov 11, 2019 - Part-time Sales Advisor in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland
      Business Outlook

Pros

A lovely team to work with. Everyone gets paid the same rate of pay as a sales advisor regardless of age. Working hours are flexible, it is an ideal part-time job for students. Excellent staff discount.

Cons

If you are on a 3 hour contract, you don't usually get any more hours than that for the week until trade picks up during holidays and busy periods. It is highly unlikely you will get a bigger contract than that.

7. 4.0

Review of current job

Jun 11, 2019 - Sales Advisor in Dundee, Scotland, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing friendly staff Helpful and supportive management Constructive criticism rather than getting told you were wrong Amazing training

Cons

Cant really think of cons only one really is varied rather than set weekly hours for part time staff

Employee Communications Co-ordinator

Thank you so much for leaving us some feedback. We are so happy to hear what a great time you are having while working with us at schuh. We love what a supportive and positive team you work with. We strongly believe that the best way to progress as a company is to see our staff develop within themselves so having strong training is always a priority. Retail can be an unpredictable industry where trade can change very quickly, due to this sometimes our rotas do need to change from time to time, however we do have the introduction of our new automated shift planning system which should help staff plan out their work'life balance more easily. Thanks very much for all your hard work with us.

8. 5.0

supervisor

May 9, 2019 - Supervisor in Milton Keynes, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

great team well trained very customer service driven

Cons

part time daily 4 hour contract

Employee Communications Co-ordinator

Thanks so much for leaving us a review! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We have a strong focus on our people, developing and training everyone to be the best they can be! Thanks very much for all your hard work and good luck in the future.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing company to work for

Apr 8, 2019 - Sales Associate in Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Staff Discount, flexible hours, easy shift swaps, amazing people

Cons

No hours, if you’re part time while at university etc, don’t expect anything more than 4 hours a week

Employee Communications Co-ordinator

Thanks so much for leaving us a review. We are pretty shoe obsessed here so a good discount comes in handy! We’re so glad that you enjoy working with such a great team and can work your shifts round your university schedule. The retail industry is always changing and we need to be reactive to any trading conditions, which can mean a change in hours from week to week. Thank you very much for your understanding if this and for all your hard work while with us.

10. 4.0

Sales Assistant

Feb 1, 2019 - Sales Assistant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Enjoyable work - Good salary for young people (part time)

Cons

- Often poor communication between management/ supervisors - Sometimes offers poor weekly hours

Employee Communications Co-ordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. We thoroughly believe that if you enjoy what you do then you never work a day in your life! And we are glad you enjoyed your work with us. Retail can be an unpredictable industry with varying trading patterns and because of that we need to be reactive and proactive and sometimes change hours while always maintaining contractual obligations. Thank you so much for your hard work while you were with us.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 34 Reviews