SciQuest Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

2.6
Robert Bonavito

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • We work very hard but also maintain work life balance (in 18 reviews)

• Free sodas, outdoor patio for lunch food trucks, great working environment, work from home days (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, on-call shifts aren't pleasant to family/work life balance (in 9 reviews)

• million package and left, along with the whole executive team (in 8 reviews)

1. "review"

I worked at SciQuest full-time

Pros

had chance to learn new things

Cons

management doesnt know how to manage

"sales"

I have been working at SciQuest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

pay and benefits are in line with industry

Cons

no business strategy

3. "Great entry level job"

Pros

Great work environment, great people.

Cons

Didn’t feel like there was lots of room to grow in the company

5. "SciQuest dba JAGGAER"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at SciQuest full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility, good work and life balance, pay, benefits, compensation for working hard, control your own destiny, great clients, talented employees

Cons

We have had a lot of changes over the last year or so which presents many challenges. We have lost a lot of good people and historical knowledge during this time of transition, but I’ve noticed that people are coming back and the culture is making a turn in the right direction.

Advice to Management

Transparency is key with employees and customers. A little positive reinforcement can go a very long way, so be sure to thank your team members and focus on building a fun, rewarding work environment. Continue to listen to your customers and employees.

6. "A review of Sciquest Inc"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at SciQuest full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible working conditions around the organization

Cons

There is no room for growth

Advice to Management

None

"Unprofessional Company"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at SciQuest full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Flexible work environment
    - Decent pay and benefits

Cons

-Unprofessional company with a mediocre management team running things
    -Let go of people without just cause or explanation
    - There was no consistency the entire time I was employed
    - customers are leaving left and right because of the lack of innovation in the product
    - communication is lacking from the top down

Advice to Management

Treat your employees well and stop instilling fear to create results. Work on being more transparent and open about the future of the company. Take a look at your mid managers because there are some that are not good leaders and your individual employees are very much aware. Treat the employees who do well with respect and encouragement. Stop being cheap when it comes to paying for things that a company needs or that would bring morale up at the company.

"Not a great place for software engineering"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I worked at SciQuest full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

* Fairly flexible
    * Nice vacation policy
    * A couple really bright people

Cons

* Absolutely toxic culture for such a small company
    * Way too much dead weight in all facets of the company
    * Extremely low morale

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to jettison people that aren't working out / doing work. It really does bring everyone else down to see these people coddled and sometimes even promoted. Long term vision has been non-existent.

"Full of Freeloaders"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC (US)

I have been working at SciQuest full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Salary
    Decent PTO
    Decent 401k
    Good Benefits

Cons

Disconnect between sales teams and actual products
    Out of date technology
    Toxic workplace environment
    Drowning in bureaucracy for such a small company
    Most managers are simply collecting a paycheck

Advice to Management

Layoffs are a part of life, no one is questioning that. What is questionable is why layoffs would occur with seemingly no oversight. I have never seen any company lay off over half its workers and still be mostly dead weight. There is no way to sustain a company where most of the workers come in and collect a paycheck with as little effort required. I see this in every level of the company.

We need to fix the sales process! We do a great job of getting clients signed, then we pretty much hang them out to dry. If an issue comes up while implementing new software with a client, the next time we should not repeat the exact same mistake; unfortunately this is NOT the case.

I hear good ideas for change coming from the top, but until those changes start happening, I have little hope. The culture is to look out for yourself and avoid accountability at all costs. The company was in a bad place before it was purchased by AKKR, i'm not sure why many of the mid level managers who got us into that mess are still around.

Best of luck turning this ship around, I'll believe it when I see it (if i'm still here).

"Not as advertised."

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Morrisville, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Morrisville, NC (US)

I have been working at SciQuest full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good salary, free soda and coffee, decent benefits package, smart co-workers.

Cons

Too many to list. The culture and morale of this decades-old company at absolute rock bottom and worst I've ever encountered. The recent 2016 acquisition left this place reeling. Negative Glassdoor reviews are spot on.

I've never witnessed corporate blight at this scale post 2008. Droves of empty cubes and long faces. Perpetual atmosphere of aggression, sadness, despair.

Go elsewhere if you are a career coder, developer, or engineer. Company is scrambling to integrate products that might be older than some of you in the workforce. Tremendous knowledge gaps left by previous workforce. Total react.

Steep learning curve to an endlessly complex convoluted infrastructure. Stodgy aloof veterans guard the gates and hold the keys.

Zero work-life balance. Remaining workforce trimmed next-to-nothing. Remaining crew expected to be available on call online 24/7/365. Work from home policy being taken away.

Atrocious management of resources. Non-existent processes. HR won't save you. Get everything in writing.

Bottom line: Bought and sold good ol' boy club. Plenty of fancy BMW's lined up outside, big egos inside.

I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy. Stay far, far away.

Advice to Management

Nothing wrong with rolling in the dough, milking it for what its worth, but the least you could do is be a little more transparent. Some of us just need a job, and have no problem with taking orders from on high, even if it's just for us to look like we're busy. The least you could do is treat the worker bees with a shred of decency and respect while you're up there riding the wave.

"Toxic workplace"

I worked at SciQuest full-time

Pros

Good staff who want to do what's best, care about their work and each other.
    Middle management did the best they could do.

Cons

CEO was a bully who created a toxic workplace which caused executive management to be political and disconnected from their staff.
    High staff turnover.
    Very low morale.

Advice to Management

Care about the people who work for you. They are smart, have good ideas, and want the company to be successful