Scott Dunn Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Scott Dunn Reviews

Updated Sep 22, 2019

3.6
Scott Dunn CEO Simon Russell (no image)
Simon Russell

"Amazing place to work for!!!"

Current Employee - Sales Coordinator in Richmond, London, England

I have been working at Scott Dunn full-time for more than a year

Pros

Scott Dunn look after their staff so well, they provide loads of traaining and support, incredible benefits and have one of the best cultures I have ever worked in!

Cons

There is nothing bad, great place!

Scott Dunn2019-06-27

July 26, 2019Group People Director

Thanks for your review - I'm pleased you are enjoying your time with us

2. "Potential for improvement"

Former Employee - Seasonal

I worked at Scott Dunn full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great opportunities to travel for seasonal work, when based in one of their summer or winter locations there is ample time to explore the area. Winter staff see competitive pay compared to other chalet companies. Accommodation, food and equipment rental (winter) is provided at a small cost (in form of contribution removed from your pay). Having this employer as reference in the hospitality circle is advantageous as... the training is good and a lot is expected of you, proving your ability to handle the somewhat overly strict working environment and hard work. Some managers really have your back and genuinely care.

Cons

Staff are treated with minimal to no trust and feel berated for wrongdoing before the job has even begun. The fact that most seasonal workers are on average young creates a sense of managers being quite condescending. Communication between UK and seasonal resorts is terrible and its the seasonal workers that pay the price. The finance department is a joke and pay is rarely correct (and if it's not, you will be... charged to be paid "out of cycle"). Sour occurrences played out when money for overtime worked (48hrs +) never materialised, leaving the work force feeling genuinely used. In some cases people worked prolifically long hours and time sheets were shuffled to create balance and avoid being paid for unused time off. In other cases, time sheets were straight up forged to avoid pay outs. A general sense of nothing being good enough existed from day 1.

Advice to Management

Have more faith in your staff that they can handle the job. Pay your staff what they are owed.

Scott Dunn2019-09-13
  3. "Poor management & HR"

Former Employee - Accountant in Chichester, England

I worked at Scott Dunn full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent holiday time & travel allowance fund

Cons

I worked for this company for 4 years and for the majority of that time, loved it. The last year of employment at this company was fraught with very poor management, harassment and bullying from management, and a lack of support & confidentiality from then entire HR team. Several complaints (from multiple staff) were made against a particular member of management in regards to harassment in the workplace and all... fell on deaf ears. A previous reviewer mentioned the 'like it or lump it' mentality of the HR team, which is very appropriate. Barely any career progression within the accounting department and poor salary with staff being under valued.

Advice to Management

Get a new HR team as they do not value staff confidentiality or take your valid issues seriously. Also pay your staff appropriately.

Scott Dunn2019-08-15

August 22, 2019Group People Director

Many thanks for taking the time to review your experience working with Scott Dunn. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience with us . We take your feedback seriously.

4. "When sounds too good to be true, most likely is."

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Ferryhill, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Scott Dunn full-time for less than a year

Pros

Location that is all. Nothing else

Cons

Slave labour, Wages are Appalling Working as a driver abroad for miserable 1400 Euro per calendar month. Are you for real?

Advice to Management

Get your act together, bit common sense.

Scott Dunn2019-07-22

July 26, 2019Group People Director

Many thanks for taking the time to review your experience working with Scott Dunn. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience with us and will take your feedback onboard.

5. "Scott Dunn no Fun"

Former Employee - Seasonal Worker

I worked at Scott Dunn full-time for less than a year

Pros

Relatively speaking money is good Fair mount of ski time for some roles

Cons

No regard given for staff experience - poor people management, no incentives given to keep staff motivated. Other companies such as VIP Ski and YSE do this much better. Time sheets fabricated and signatures forged on said time sheets, meaning all those extra hours you put in to satisfy guests are completely meaningless in terms of your wages. Management belittled you, encouraged staff not to ski or go out to... bars. Threatening strict punishments such as cancelling our flights home.

Advice to Management

Employ managers who have genuine managerial experience, not just ex-season workers who have got cosy with people in UK head office. People management needs a complete overhaul. Trust in your employees to do their job.

Scott Dunn2019-05-19

"Poor management"

Former Employee - Travel Consultant in London, England

I worked at Scott Dunn full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing fam trip Free lunch on Fridays and free yoga class during peak season Gym on site

Cons

Management is poor, disorganised and useless Lots of changes within the company Do not value the staff Certainly lots of room for improvement- out of 8 new starters 7 left the company within 6 month ! Big staff turnover

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees and support them rather than being in meetings all day.

Scott Dunn2018-11-28

August 22, 2019Group People Director

Many thanks for taking the time to review your experience working with Scott Dunn. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive time with us. We are making many changes at the moment to improve both our Guest and employee experience.

7. "They're alright"

I worked at Scott Dunn full-time

Pros

Works not to strenuous and some great people

Cons

Hours not focused around ski time, managers sometimes lazy/don't work for there employees

Advice to Management

Cheer up.

Scott Dunn2018-11-14

"Amazing company"

Former Employee - Travel Consultant in London, England

I worked at Scott Dunn full-time for more than a year

Pros

Best travel company in the industry to work for without a doubt!

Cons

Getting rid of the travel co-ordinators. We didn't have the time to do it all and they really helped!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Scott Dunn2018-09-10

August 22, 2019Group People Director

Many thanks for taking the time to review your experience working with Scott Dunn. I am pleased you enjoyed your time with us. We are always looking for ways to improve our Guest and Employee experience and will take your feedback onboard.

"Poor management, lack of career progression"

I worked at Scott Dunn full-time

Pros

The fam trips are great, but are becoming more and more infrequent.

Cons

Senior management is pretty abysmal; and some of the senior sales managers are useless - there are some who have no leadership or people skills and blame their juniors for their own mistakes which is pretty rubbish. Staff are not valued as they should be - the sales team make a LOT of money for Scott Dunn. Feedback is not listened to.

Advice to Management

Better training for your sales management team; listen to feedback more.

Scott Dunn2018-06-26
  10. "Was ok"

I worked at Scott Dunn

Pros

Fun atmosphere, nice locations and accommodation

Cons

No real off time. Or time to eat dinner between work and babysitting

Scott Dunn2018-07-22