Found 989 of over 2K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good pay and easy to learn" (in 122 reviews)
- "37.5hr contract so good work life balance and 20% off screwfix and B&Q." (in 75 reviews)
- "The team are great and really support eachother" (in 69 reviews)
- "Some great people in the team" (in 66 reviews)
- "staff are friendly and help cheer you up from the depressing shift you are about to start" (in 56 reviews)
- "Management can sometimes be poor and indecisive" (in 78 reviews)
- "If you have a good manager, then all will be good." (in 57 reviews)
- "Salary seems low for the work and challenges we face on a daily basis" (in 19 reviews)
- "My branch manager was a bad one." (in 14 reviews)
- "No progression past a certain point" (in 11 reviews)
- 5.015 Nov 2023Service AssistantCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearBournemouth, England
The job is straightforward and simple compared to other retail jobs
Some very early shifts when there are deliveries, Timetables are flexible so means you will never be working the same days week on week.
- 4.025 Nov 2023Retail AssistantFormer Employee, less than 1 yearBarnsley, Yorkshire and the Humber, England
good shifts, decent money enjoyable work
wasnt really any i enjoyed my time there
- 4.015 Nov 2023Branch ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsDagenham, England
Senior management and people in all dept are excellent.
Nothing comes in my mind.
- 2.012 Nov 2023Branch ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsManchester, England
good hours for manager 37.5 hours a week unless someone is sick or on holiday
small minded tell and do not there to manage just to do
- 1.026 Oct 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsStafford, England
There are no Pro's unfortunately.
Well what can I say. I wouldn't even bother applying for a job at this 'Dump'. You get unfairly treated for slightest thing you do wrong (as I was treated) You get no thanks off certain Managers if you do a good days work. This is how you get treated for 5 years service, Ok you get 250 pounds which is taxed (absolute joke) I you want to treated like S... Just come and work at this I recommend it, 😂
- 5.025 Sept 2023Sales AssociateFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsWetherby, England
Great team. People are great. Get the correct training and career opportunities. Great benefits including discount at BNQ, discounts through the Hapi app as well as Simply Health. Shares in screwfix at a discount also. Great chance to progress. Opportunities to do more hours. Double pay on bank Holidays.
Pay could be better but they do increase every year in line with cost of living. Your manager can make a big difference, like anywhere. Screwfix never seem to close, so working over bank Holidays can be a pain as they do not do reduced opening hours.
Screwfix Reviews FAQs
Screwfix has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 1,613 reviews left anonymously by employees. 70% of employees would recommend working at Screwfix to a friend and 54% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
70% of Screwfix employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Screwfix 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.