Search Consultancy Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Search Consultancy CEO Grahame Caswell
Grahame Caswell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Commission structure for Perm Consultants changes after 12 months (not sure about Contract Consultants)" (in 4 reviews)

• "I have yet to come across any which is fantastic news in comparison to my previous track record of picking terrible recruitment agencies to work for" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Amazing step in my career!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester City Centre, England
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester City Centre, England

I have been working at Search Consultancy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From being contacted and invited for interview with Search to now have completed all training and development courses and (hopefully!) on the borderline of completing probation I can honestly say it has been one of the most professional and informative inductions to a company I have ever had the pleasure of. Starting a new position can at times be clouded with second guessing, uncertainty and stress. My first 4 months with Search have been filled with investment, training and fun, which is very refreshing especially coming up to a very busy festive period.

Cons

I can honestly say I don't have a single bad word to say about Search Consultancy and I look forward to many more years with the company!

Advice to Management

Search has a wonderful people management style, from my experience so far I have had assistance and guidance from my Divisional Manager and other departments to ensure I have everything I need to succeed.

22 Nov 2018 – Marketing Manager

What a great review to read. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave it and for giving prospective employees an insight into the first few months of joining Search. We're delighted that you've... More

2. "Great Company and training"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England
    Former Employee - Consultant in London, England

I worked at Search Consultancy (Less than a year)

Pros

very good training for new consultants and support given through probation period

Cons

the market at the time was not great for temporary work so made the job itself very hard.

21 Nov 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We really appreciate your feedback.

"Good People, Middle Management Could Improve"

I have been working at Search Consultancy full-time

Pros

Really lovely colleagues and great team events that take place in the offices. Exceptional effort that goes into community work and raising money for charities, and the paid volunteering day is actively promoted to staff. Teams from different functions work together happily and help each other resolve problems, and communication between back office staff in different offices is fantastic. The back office staff at the low level are a really lovely team. There are great arrangements for flexible hours in place, which have been incredibly helpful to me. The CEO, Graeme, is incredibly accessible and makes a point of talking to all staff when he can. Company is big on values, which is good when everyone embodies them (bad when people don't).

Cons

- Search is actively praised for good training, and this is true for consultants, but back office staff seen to get recruited into a role with minimal training and development. The reason given is that they're short staffed, and the result is that new staff members will struggle and burn out very quickly, which accounts for a very high turnover among back office staff.
    - Back office teams are ridiculously understaffed to the point where people are left doing multiple jobs. A "sink or swim" mentality is joked about by some managers, and they don't understand the impacts of working like this
    - There's a tendency among back office managers to overpromise opportunities for employees to progress, and then pull the rug out from under them. You have to fight and push hard to get anywhere.
    - Relationship between back office and front office is horrendous at times. Consultants will scream down the phone at support staff or corner them in the office and demand immediate resolutions. DMs and ADs seem to be quite oblivious to this. On the good side, Graeme has acknowledged that this is a thing which needs to be improved, but I've not seen anything as of yet to convince me it will be.
    - As another side to the above though, I have also witnessed support staff be highly combative towards consultants too, which isn't doing wonders for fostering great cooperation.

Advice to Management

I've tried to be fair and even in this review and I hope that you'll take it seriously, and provide better training and support for all staff, not just fee-earners. Please also invest in your support teams, we're all incredibly dedicated but need more team members to properly and consistently deliver.

21 Nov 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your experience working here at Search.

You've provided lots of detail which is great, and we welcome all feedback on how we can improve things... More

4. "Excellent"

Pros

Love it - great place to work

Cons

None company is a excellent place to work

13 Nov 2018 – Marketing Strategy & Planning Manager

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your 5* review of Search Consultancy.

We are delighted to hear you enjoy working here and being a part of Team Search, we are glad to have you on... More

5. "Terrible Management"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Manchester, England
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Manchester, England

I worked at Search Consultancy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some decent people work there

Cons

Micro-mangement to the max
    Bullying by managers
    Unfair split of geographical territories and markets
    Typical recruitment egos
    favouritism
    Constructive dismissal in it's numerous forms
    Expected to work far more than contracted hours

Advice to Management

Open your eyes

5 Dec 2018 – Marketing Manager

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your time working at Search.
    Although it doesn't make happy reading , we welcome all feedback on how we can improve things for our employees.

We're keen to... More

"Leicester office"

I worked at Search Consultancy full-time

Pros

You get away with 0 work

Cons

HR and management haven't got track or a clue of events.

Advice to Management

The caswells need to go and visit and have a closer eye on Leicester they let directors and managers from different offices run it but they have got no idea of what happens.

5 Nov 2018 – Social Media & Events Executive

Hi,

Thanks for leaving your review of Search Consultancy.

Can I ask you to send us on more details of the review you have left above to reviews@search.co.uk. We would like to look into these... More

7. "Good experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

I have been working at Search Consultancy part-time

Pros

I was doing it along with my degree, so it was extremely convenient that it was flexible. I could go whenever I wanted and it was a decent salary.

Cons

You can't always find shifts

15 Oct 2018 – Social Media & Events Executive

Hi,

Thank you for leaving your review of Search Consultancy.

We are glad you had a positive experience and wish you luck in your employment with Search and the future.

Thanks!

"No work ever available"

Current Employee - Chef in Leeds, England
    Current Employee - Chef in Leeds, England

I have been working at Search Consultancy (Less than a year)

Pros

I dont really know what the pros are, I suppose weekly pay is good

Cons

No work for 3 weeks now, looks like I will be losing my house if this continues for another week. They have no work in city centres so all the job are 2 hours+ travelling on public transport. No long contracts at all, maybe two days in Bradford then one day on the outskirts of Leeds and the rest of the week off if you are lucky

Advice to Management

Stop recruiting Chefs when there is no work for anyone.
    This has put me into really expensive debt that is costing me a fortune and risking losing my house. 3 weeks I have had two half days work at a lower rate than you advertise you temp work for

1 Nov 2018 – Marketing Manager

I'm sorry to read your review. I'd really appreciate it if you could drop me a note to carole.swan@search.co.uk so I can follow this up with the relevant consultant to see what might be done to... More

9. "Exemplary Recruitment Consultancy"

Current Employee - Divisional Manager in Glasgow, Scotland
    Current Employee - Divisional Manager in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at Search Consultancy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Easily the best agency I have worked for from a quality, training and ethics perspective
    - Friendly and respectful working environment
    - No micro management
    - Plenty of opportunity for promotion and career development

Cons

Really nothing that I can think of that's in any way detrimental

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

14 Sep 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review on your experience of working at Search. Our values and our industry leading training are what sets us apart from the competition, so I'm... More

10. "Great and best Recruitment Company to work for by far"

Current Employee - Consultant in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Search Consultancy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great salary, Commission is fantastic, people are great, you get treated like an adult, no micro managing, extremely fun and professional environment.. IIP Platinum, training is by far the best I’ve come across…. You are rewarded for your hard work continuously and you feel very appreciated..

Cons

No cons. I find any I will update

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

5 Sep 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thanks very much for taking the time to leave such a positive, 5 star review. Much appreciated! I'm delighted that you're enjoying your time at Search and feel rewarded and appreciated for all of... More