Search Consultancy Employee Reviews about "excellent training"

Updated Aug 22, 2021

Found 11 of over 340 reviews

3.6
Search Consultancy CEO Richard Vickers
Richard Vickers
Pros
  • "Excellent training for all levels - not just consultants(in 11 reviews)

• "Great People and a good place to learn(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Salary benefits and commission structure(in 9 reviews)

• "Long Hours / City Parking and On cal(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "excellent training"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Fantastic Company

Aug 5, 2021 - Divisional Manager in Leeds, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Positive and supportive senior management team Excellent training for all levels - not just consultants Great client base and reputation Friendly office Bright, modern offices

Cons

None that I can think of

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Really enjoyed my job but awful how they treated staff

Aug 22, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent training, but then made these people redundant to make way for the CEOs wife. Most people really friendly.

Cons

Before furlough was introduced they decided to let all perm recruitment staff go who worked there less than two years, not redundant just let go unless you worked on a temp desk. Then when furlough was introduced they bought everyone back (reinstated their employment) on furlough, then when furloughed was due to be reduced they were all let go again. But people who were under performing, on PIPs kept there jobs. And this year they are advertising again for recruitment staff, but never contacted the people they “let go” who they invested time and effort training. If you were a blue eye you kept your job, HR managed the whole process horrific, communication was shocking and if you dared question something they were not happy. Taken from website - Our success across each of our specialisms is underpinned by our talented and loyal recruitment specialists who know their markets inside and out. Pity they don’t mirror the same to their staff, who remained loyal to you.

9 people found this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

GoodPlace to work

May 3, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good team atmosphere Excellent training

Cons

Commission structure Work life balance

Head of Employer Brand and Engagement

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. It's great to hear you are enjoying your time at Search and your feedback has been noted.

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good company but bad timing

Jan 25, 2021 - Recruiter in Manchester City Centre, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent Training Modern Offices Sociable Environment Good brand name UK wide offices

Cons

Cold desk Most clients have already been contacted numerous times by previous employees No working from home flexibility

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

It’s like a remake of Upstairs Downstairs!

Sep 6, 2020 - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester City Centre, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training was good, unfortunately they’ve got rid of the excellent training team, along with hundreds of other staff. If they were any more relaxed they’d fall over. This was the only upside to weak and ineffective management/leadership. By Wednesday people literally had their feet up on the desks and Friday was party time.

Cons

Huge staff turnover - largely down to poor leadership, bullying and not seeming to care. God knows how they got Platinum Investors in People with 50% labour turnover and that was Pre-Covid. The phrase DTU seemed be a company substitute for exit interviews, which might have explained why bullies in management and director roles got away with shocking behaviour. (DTU = Dead to us) it’s not even funny the first time, let alone for every leaver. When the pandemic hit they binned everyone with under 2 years service - shocking behaviour. Must be 150-200 people let go ruthlessly. Perhaps if most leaders in Search could actually lead, they could have motivated staff to do some work and make fees. The new CEO did make a big impression last year. His first visit to the office included making snide comments about recruiting in the Middle East. He also stated he wanted more arrogant people in the business - probably wants mini me’s, but when did arrogance become a positive character trait? Hardly inspirational.

13 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Love every minute!

Dec 24, 2019 - Senior Consultant in Edinburgh, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent training, great support from managers, encouraging environment to grow, good reputation in the market, recognising high performers, best people in the market, integrity. over my 5 years with Search i feel that I have grown professionally and learnt a lot about the market and the job. It's never boring!

Cons

Offices could be a little bit more modern, computers need an upgrade.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Professional Company, Excellent training

Sep 13, 2019 - Consultant in Liverpool, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great support network, team atmosphere, excellent training and structure

Cons

Can't actually think of any!

Web Dev

Thanks for your 5* rating - we are delighted to get your amazing feedback!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

No better agency to work for

Jun 14, 2019 - Senior Consultant in Liverpool, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent training, rewarding commission structure, challenging day to day role, the best managerial support available and a positive work environment and culture

Cons

There are no cons in working for Search. The role of a Recruitment Consultant naturally has negatives attached to it but if you are going to work for any agency, you would be hard pushed to find a better agency than Search

Marketing Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave such a great review. We believe that the training and support offered to our consultants at each stage of their career is industry leading and I'm delighted that's been your experience.

9. 3.0

Micro Managed

Feb 27, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent training, smart modern offices, really nice people, good locations, good base salary,

Cons

Commission structure is a nightmare to understand and achieve, micro managed from morning till night, everything is KPI driven without taking into account quality of the calls or jobs taken on or candidates registered, promotion is based solely on fees achieved and doesn't take into account other qualities such as management skills etc, very noisy open plan offices that makes it difficult to concentrate or stay focussed, very complicated IT system that takes forever to get used to, too much cake everywhere. It seems that every day is someone's birthday.

1 person found this review helpful

Marketing Delivery Manager

Thank you for taking the time to offer your honest feedback about working at Search. We have taken on board your comments in relation to the commission structure and we'll make sure to look into ways Search can improve our offering to our staff. We still maintain though that we have one of the most generous consultant bonus schemes in the recruitment industry. Open plan offices have been encouraged from our board as it's been shown to improve communication across the various teams and overall efficiency of space and productivity. But if anyone feels that there is too much noise, we encourage them to speak to their manager as every team and desk is different. But we're pleased that you recommended our industry leading training programme which is being consistently praised by current and former employees like yourself. Thanks again for your comments and if there's anything else you would like to discuss, feel free to contact us.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great training

Jan 10, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent training for trainee consultants Good commission in first 12 months

Cons

Commission structure for existing staff needs reviewing- below market rate

Managing Director - England

Thank you for your review and we really appreciate the time you’ve taken to give us your feedback. I have taken on board your comments in relation to our commission scheme. We aim to have one of the most generous consultant bonus schemes in the recruitment industry but equally we’re always looking for ways to improve our offering to help us attract and retain recruitment talent. This is a topic we will revisit in the near future. Thanks again for your kind words on our training programme and get in touch if you would like to receive your feedback in more detail.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Reviews