Search Consultancy Employee Reviews about "great training"

Updated 7 Sep 2020

3.4
Search Consultancy CEO Richard Vickers (no image)
Richard Vickers
Pros
  • "great training programme given by people who really want you to succeed, however half of them have been made redundant now(in 8 reviews)

• "Great support network, team atmosphere, excellent training and structure(in 8 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great training"

Return to all Reviews

"Exceptional"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Manchester, England

I have been working at Search Consultancy full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Fosters Development through great training Provides exceptional support from marketing, legal, finance etc Aims for sustainable client relationships rather than quick gain Great office atmosphere

Cons

None I can think of!

2. COVID-19

"not great for trainees"

Former Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant

I worked at Search Consultancy full-time for less than a year

Pros

- great training programme given by people who really want you to succeed, however half of them have been made redundant now - people are very welcoming - will be rewarded and recognised if you're succeeding (but if you're not they don't want to know) - not much pressure to work late/through lunch if you can show you're getting work done - did take everyone who was made redundant back on furlough but there was very little communication during this time

Cons

- made mass redundancies due to covid19 which suggests the business is in trouble - little on the job support from manager, feel like you were annoying/disturbing them by asking for help, but trainees on other teams seemed to be getting a lot better in-office training so depends on the manager - CEO comes to your desk and tries intimidate you on purpose - new CEO has a very hard sell approach towards recruitment, quantity not quality

Continue reading

3. "Excellent company to join as a trainee"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Liverpool, England

I have been working at Search Consultancy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've worked for Search for 4 years and have found it a great company to work for. Search offered great training which I found useful having joined the company with no previous experience. They offer opportunities for progression which has seen me get 3 promotions within my time here. I highly recommend them as a company to work for, particularly the Liverpool office which has a great atmosphere.

Cons

When I first joined the company they were not offering some of the flexible working conditions offered by other companies, however over time Search has become more up to date with what people want and have made a good effort to help improve and make the company a better place to work and are always introducing new ideas to keep employees happy.

May 8, 2019Marketing Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a fabulous review, and for highlighting Search's training programme in particular. Investing in our people development is a real focus for the senior management team and I'm delighted that you've benefited through 3 promotions. Here's to many more years and promotions ahead!

4. "A career maker"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Liverpool, England

I have been working at Search Consultancy full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great people, great training from Day 1. The values that the company work to are truly integrated into our business

Cons

none that I can see having grown my career from within Search

April 25, 2019Marketing Manager

Thanks for leaving such a great review. To have been with the company for more than 8 years speaks volumes and I'm delighted that you recognise the investment in training and the commitment to upholding our company values. Here's to many more years growing your career with Search!

5. "Excellent Training"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Leicester, England

I have been working at Search Consultancy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great training material and delivered well!

Cons

None that i can think of!

February 26, 2018Marketing Delivery Manager

Thank you for your glowing review of our industry leading training programme and it's nice to know even though you have experience in the industry, you found it so useful. We hope you continue to grow and develop your recruitment expertise in the near future with Search.

"So So"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Search Consultancy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great training programme. Very comprehensive, all aspects of recruitment covered and henceforth no excuse to fail. Directors, CEO and COO are really nice.

Cons

Commission stinks Unprecedented levels of misandry Narcissistic workforce, they joke about the retention rate! Truly outdated systems Super aggressive middle management

Continue reading
  7. "Recruitment with a difference"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Search Consultancy full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have been Employed by Search Consultancy for 8 years and have worked in recruitment for 20 years. I can honestly say I wish I had joined Search years ago. My experience with the business has been nothing but positive. If you work hard you will gain many rewards for it. Not only in terms of an up- capped bonus but also through our various rewards schemes. Search provides great Training and supports new starters with every step of their journey in the recruitment world. I would thoroughly recommend joining this successful, growing business.

Cons

No down sides that I can see, you get back what you put in.

September 6, 2017Marketing Delivery Manager

Thank you so much for your positive review, especially given your vast experience in the industry. It's fantastic to hear that after eight years you still couldn't find any cons to talk about! Our training and support team always receive rave reviews from new starters and experienced heads alike but it's always great to hear positive things about our industry leading bonus structure. We all hope you continue to enjoy working at Search and hopefully see you at the long serving members lunch in the near future too!

8. "Great Company - Great Support"

I worked at Search Consultancy full-time

Pros

Supportive management, relevant targets and KPI's, excellent first year commission scheme. Great training.

Cons

Thresholds and bonus structure demand consistent performance, great for those that can maintain, can be a hindrance if fees don't land at the right time.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 8 English Reviews