Search Consultancy Employee Reviews about "staff turnover"

Updated Nov 11, 2020

Found 8 of over 295 reviews

3.7
Search Consultancy CEO Richard Vickers
Richard Vickers
Pros
  • "great training programme given by people who really want you to succeed, however half of them have been made redundant now(in 8 reviews)

• "Great support network, team atmosphere, excellent training and structure(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Shocking level of staff turnover(in 8 reviews)

• "Commission structure overly complex and seeks to protect company more than rd employees(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "staff turnover"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Terrible

Nov 11, 2020 - Recruitment Consultant in Leicester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing I can think off

Cons

everything, rolling door, terible management, staff turnover very high

3 people found this review helpful
    2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

It’s like a remake of Upstairs Downstairs!

Sep 6, 2020 - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester City Centre, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training was good, unfortunately they’ve got rid of the excellent training team, along with hundreds of other staff. If they were any more relaxed they’d fall over. This was the only upside to weak and ineffective management/leadership. By Wednesday people literally had their feet up on the desks and Friday was party time.

Cons

Huge staff turnover - largely down to poor leadership, bullying and not seeming to care. God knows how they got Platinum Investors in People with 50% labour turnover and that was Pre-Covid. The phrase DTU seemed be a company substitute for exit interviews, which might have explained why bullies in management and director roles got away with shocking behaviour. (DTU = Dead to us) it’s not even funny the first time, let alone for every leaver. When the pandemic hit they binned everyone with under 2 years service - shocking behaviour. Must be 150-200 people let go ruthlessly. Perhaps if most leaders in Search could actually lead, they could have motivated staff to do some work and make fees. The new CEO did make a big impression last year. His first visit to the office included making snide comments about recruiting in the Middle East. He also stated he wanted more arrogant people in the business - probably wants mini me’s, but when did arrogance become a positive character trait? Hardly inspirational.

13 people found this review helpful
    3. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Shocking culture within my team

Aug 18, 2020 - Consultant in Leeds, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The training was genuinely engaging and beneficial. Designed to suit trainee and more established consultants.

Cons

Where do I start? - The management team I worked for were mostly interested in the attractive girls in the office or how long they could stretch their lunch hours at the pub - I was directly accused of interviewing with another agency (which I hadn't done at the time) - Common knowledge of drug use. - Shocking level of staff turnover. Even for a recruitment firm!

3 people found this review helpful
    4. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

They go against their company values

Aug 2, 2019 - Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

The training , most staff are nice

Cons

I have been in the recruitment industry for many years and I made the mistake of joining this company based on their company values they boast about . One of their divisions is certainly not supportive and respectful! They focus on the negatives and not the positives in reviews, don’t give people a chance to prove their selves and just get rid of them. there is no support from management and directors in the division I worked in, they just criticise. Most offices have a very high turnover of staff. Work beyond your contacted hours and not get thanked for it.

1 person found this review helpful

Web Dev

Thanks for your feedback - would you be able to send us more details about your feedback to reviews@search.co.uk so we can look further into this for you and try to resolve any issues.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Zero support, Poor/generic training - It's all about the KPI's and figures.

Aug 14, 2019 - Recruitment Consultant in Leeds, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice convenient city centre location.

Cons

Lots of smoke & mirrors give a good initial first impression at interview, however poor senior management and complete lack of ongoing training and support is frightening. They have a much higher turnover of staff compared to other agencies and this probably contributes. They claim to be a specialist recruiter, however are definitely a generalist with very generic & basic "recruitment" training. KPI's and hammering the phones are the number 1 priority and there is a complete lack of trust from team to team with very few leads been passed about. You'll have to build from an ice cold desk due to the lack of maintained client relationships or genuine PSL opportunities. The bonus payments are lower than most agencies

2 people found this review helpful

Web Dev

Thanks for your feedback - would you be able to send us more details about your feedback to reviews@search.co.uk so that we can look further into a resolution and future development opportunities.

6. 2.0
      Former Employee

Not for me!!!

Jun 18, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've met some really nice people working her who I will no doubt keep in touch with for a very long time.

Cons

Where to start.. All I will say is that it's a shame Debbie and Graham are working so hard to build a successful business and with them being based on the 4th floor have no idea what's going on at the 2nd floor. I worked here over 2 years and they came down to the floor twice! You should really look at the 2nd floor and the turnover of staff there.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Marketing Delivery Manager

Thanks for your review. I really appreciate your honest feedback as a recent leaver from our company which is invaluable to Search as we seek to improve our standing as one of the best recruitment employers. I’m somewhat surprised by your comment on visibility - our Chief Executive regularly walks around the building talking to all consultants and managers and I personally ensure that I move around all of our sites where my diary permits. We received great feedback following Grahame’s last round of employee briefings and we’re always open to new ways we can further extend our accessibility to the workforce. Thank you again, and if there’s ever anything you would like to discuss with me direct, please contact me in confidence at debbie.caswell@search.co.uk. Debbie Caswell Managing Director, England

7. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good and Bad

May 21, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Paid on time and weekly, though lower rate of pay in comparison with other agencies Quick/fastrack recruitment process Plenty of work available

Cons

Inadequate training. The Manchester branch advocates the utilisation of C&R Training as apparently Alpha hospitals favour this. When not taught correctly can be both dangerous for both patient and employee. NICE guidelines currently favour MVA when dealing with violence and aggression. It is concerning that these methods are used in Priory/Partnerships in Care, nursing home and community settings by Search employees. A company that appears to be only interested in £s and their profit margin. Hence why they pay little and their training is insufficient. Although advertising for "Experienced Support Workers" a fastrack recruitment process appears to be in place apparently due to a high staff turnover. Having worked with some of the staff on units, it appears that they have little or even possibly nil experience. How is this occurring?

Be the first to find this review helpful
    8. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Too many office politics

Apr 20, 2015 - Recruitment Consultant in Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good commission in first year, excellent training course. Great incentives

Cons

No support after training, high staff turnover, far too many managers/directors.

2 people found this review helpful