Find jobs for Developer

Search Laboratory Developer Reviews

Updated 23 Jan 2019

4.4
Search Laboratory CEO Ian Harris (no image)
Ian Harris
  1. "Amazing"

Current Employee - Developer in Leeds, England

I have been working at Search Laboratory full-time

Pros

Absolutely amazing place to work, lots of training, latest tech, top hardware. All software is internal so no pesky customers. Nice modern spacious office. Regular social events + benefits.

Cons

There really are none at all

January 18, 2019Head of HR

So pleased to hear you're loving life at the Lab. Thank you for being part of our super duper Dev team, and we wish you a long and happy career with us.

2. "A+++++ would recommend"

4.0
    Former Employee - Senior Developer in Leeds, England

I worked at Search Laboratory full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Work with great people, training opportunities via Pluralsight, degree of freedom in development direction (i.e. choosing tech to use, input into the spec

Cons

If you only want to develop and not test, train, write specs, design database and fix monitors then this job may not be for you

January 31, 2019Head of HR

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, and it's great to hear you enjoyed the training opportunities - which is definitely something we want to get right. Our Developers are involved in the full software development lifecycle - and it sounds like there were elements of this you perhaps did not find as enjoyable. We're really sorry to hear this was the case and would like to thank you for your many years of service and hard work. All the very best for the future and thank you again for your feedback.

"Great if your not in sales"

1.0
    Former Employee - Business Development in Leeds, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Search Laboratory full-time

Pros

perks and people were lovely

Cons

The stucture and understanding of their pipelines/product was an absolute joke I felt I had to leave the sales team as it was driven from the backseat!

January 18, 2019Head of HR

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback. Whilst it’s great you loved the people and perks here, of course it’s disappointing to hear you’re experience of sales wasn’t what you had hoped. We will pass your feedback to the relevant manager and we wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

4. "Business Development Executive"

Former Employee - Business Development Executive in Leeds, England

I worked at Search Laboratory full-time for more than a year

Pros

1) Superb working environment in a top notch office with a brilliant team 2) Intelligent and cool colleagues who are always willing to give advice and share their knowledge 3) Opportunity to build relationships with some of the biggest companies in tech and retail 4) Monthly staff events 5) Free beer Fridays in the games room with ping pong table, shuffleboard and pool table 6) Loads of cool benefits including dental care, eye care, cycle to work scheme 7) Office canteen 8) Free fruit 9) Just a really nice place to work overall :)

Cons

Can't really think of any

January 18, 2019Head of HR

It's so great to hear you had such a positive experience with us, and thank you for sharing with us such detailed feedback. We wish you all the very best for the future!

5. "Business Development at Search Laboratory"

Current Employee - Business Development Executive in Leeds, England

I have been working at Search Laboratory full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Fantastic company culture - Great colleagues to work with - Training provided - Birthday Lie-ins - Free Gym Membership

Cons

- As with everything in agency life, can be some late nights!

6. "Excellent Place to Work"

Current Employee - Developer in Leeds, England

I have been working at Search Laboratory full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company values its empoyees. New ideas are always welcome and innovation is rewarded

Cons

Huge office means you can be isolated from your colleagues

7. "Proud to be an employee"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Leeds, England

I have been working at Search Laboratory full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working for a company of substance. I like that our core value is our ethical and data driven approach to online marketing. I work in a great, supportive team. We all have fun. I am able to use new technologies and also have the freedom to support our charitable causes.

Cons

I work in a small department so my career progression is more limited than in a large organisation. But it's better to be happy where you are than miserable chasing the next step up the ladder (in my humble opinion).

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 7 reviews