Seattle Genetics Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Seattle Genetics Reviews

Updated Aug 22, 2019

Found 86 reviews

3.2
Seattle Genetics CEO Clay B. Siegall (no image)
Clay B. Siegall
Pros
  • "Good work environment, helpful colleagues, professional work culture(in 10 reviews)

• "Great co-workers, area is nice, pay and benefits are good as well(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Public transit does not serve the Bothell sites very well- can be a tough commute by car unless you live north of campus(in 7 reviews)

• "Decisions were made by very few people while senior management don’t seem to have an open channel for feedbacks(in 6 reviews)

1. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Facilities Technician

I have been working at Seattle Genetics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, competitive salary and an incredible mission.

Cons

No gym or cafeteria. The company is growing fast but is having a hard time keeping up with the changes required internally to match its pace.

Seattle Genetics2019-08-23
  2. "Great place to intern"

Current Employee - Human Resources Intern in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Seattle Genetics full-time for less than a year

Pros

I didn't do typical "intern" work, all of my projects had an impact on my department or the company. I was treated like a regular employee, and management and higher ups make an effort to get to know the interns and offer help . The CEO also held a lunch and learn with interns, which I thought was great.

Cons

There could be more food options.

Seattle Genetics2019-08-15
  3. "SeaGen is amazing"

Current Employee - Coordinator in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Seattle Genetics full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company is employee focused and does everything it can to provide a work environment that fosters collaboration and ingenuity. The people are great and the C-suite is accessible. This is not common for large companies! Pay is above average for the area, employee benefits are incredible (PTO, stock options, vested 401K and generous bonuses/ raises, flex hours, etc.)

Cons

I like working here so I can't say there are cons

Seattle Genetics2019-08-02

"High growth means lots of change; pros continue to outweigh cons"

Current Employee - N/A

I have been working at Seattle Genetics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Incredibly friendly and collaborative work environment with lots of opportunity for career growth and development. The company has a bright future due to our pipeline and I can see myself here for years to come.

Cons

We're in high growth mode right now which means lots of change. That being said, company leadership is receptive to employee feedback and has a track record of addressing concerns head-on and making positive changes via employee engagement surveys.

Advice to Management

If we're expected to continue to grow as quickly as we have in recent years, we'll need to be more open to the idea of remote employees.

Seattle Genetics2019-07-18

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - QA Associate

I have been working at Seattle Genetics full-time

Pros

Great Pay, Good Benefits, Awesome Staff

Cons

I dont have any cons to share

Seattle Genetics2019-07-11

"Growing Company, good for job stability, job satisfaction varies greatly depending on department"

Current Employee - Senior Specialist

I have been working at Seattle Genetics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Company is growing. There is definitely a sense of job stability. Benefits are adequate. Salary is variable between and within departments. The work/life balance in some departments is very good.

Cons

Some departments reward employees more regularly and provide opportunities for advancement. Others do not promote from within. The rapid growth over the last year has made the culture change within the company. More difficult to get work accomplished or feel supported by management. Would still recommend to someone that lives in the area since there aren't that many biotechs north of Seattle.

Seattle Genetics2019-07-25

"Mixed feeling"

Former Employee - Scientist in Bothell, WA

I worked at Seattle Genetics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some of the drugs go on to help cancer patients. CEO speaks to the whole company almost every Friday, most effective communication and leadership. Most people works with a sense of purpose.

Cons

The company does not have a diverse workforce. Non-white Directors are extremely rare. Female directors are recent phenomenon. The pay was below industry standard for employee. The senior management has pretty high pay though.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting jerks. Pay the market rate to your employees. Ask whether minority/female Employees actually have fair opportunities.

Seattle Genetics2019-06-15

"Poor work culture"

Current Employee - Research Scientist in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Seattle Genetics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people who are bright, motivated and passionate for what they do

Cons

Lack of leadership, guidance, and strategy. Poor management at the top and lack of acceptance of people’s belief and backgrounds. Also poor communication at the top leads to confusion at lower levels.

Advice to Management

Bring in new leadership and communicate better. Offer the opportunity for individuals to express their ideas with the fear. Recognize individuals of various types and not of one kind. Reward team work and create a culture that accepts team efforts.

Seattle Genetics2019-07-08

"More politics, less research."

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Seattle Genetics

Pros

Pay is the best in the area, good benefits and stock options

Cons

Refusing to adapt to change even though good scientists are leaving. Research is not being able to move forward because of politics. Ideas and creativity are not encouraged. Lateral moves are impossible. Under the right leadership it would be a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Anyone with potential will not thrive in this toxic environment. If things don’t change too soon you will only be left with people who couldn’t find another job.

Seattle Genetics2019-07-05

"Good work place, weak middle management"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Seattle Genetics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly staff from other departments. Happy hour.

Cons

Middle management in my experience for my area so far lacks communication and unfairly treats entry-level employees, but they treat highly experienced employees at level two or higher positions and value them very well.

Seattle Genetics2019-06-13