Secret Escapes Employee Reviews about "free food"

Updated Jun 25, 2021

Found 17 of over 135 reviews

3.8
Secret Escapes Co-founders Alex Saint and Tom Valentine (no image)
Alex Saint and Tom Valentine
Pros
  • "Beautiful office in Holborn with free food, drinks etc(in 17 reviews)

• "Flexible working, really great company for work/life balance(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Low salary and low career progression(in 7 reviews)

• "You see the business changing and developing right in front of your eyes and I am so grateful to be a part of the Secret Escapes journey(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "free food"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place for flexible working

Jun 25, 2021 - Senior Analyst in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible approach to working Free food and drinks during 'normal' times Fun office with ping pong and pool tables etc. Regular updates from the founders

Cons

Structure can be unclear due to flat/flexible working structure, but not necessarily a bad thing for some people, does require taking more personal initiatives if you want to progress.

Secret Escapes Response

Thank you for your review! I'm pleased you enjoyed our unique and fun office perks, regular company updates and flexible working arrangements :) Our company culture encourages everyone to take initiative and voice their opinions, so I am happy you noticed that at SE...

2. 4.0
      Former Employee

overall great company

May 27, 2021 - Designer in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

free food office great location ceos really personable

Cons

more discount would be great

Secret Escapes Response

Thank you for your review - we are glad you love our office and the perks of free food!

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Hard workers not valued

May 3, 2021 - Production Coordinator in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Central location, nice office, free food and drinks, meditation sessions

Cons

Management without competence, fake environment where pretentiousness at working hard is awarded

Continue reading

Secret Escapes Response

Thank you for your honest feedback, we are glad you enjoyed the office and we are sorry that you feel negatively towards some parts of your time at SE. We take this feedback seriously so please do contact us directly if you would like to discuss further - recruitment@secretescapes.com

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Okay

Jan 27, 2021 - Finance Assistant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice office, free food, good location, music

Cons

Bad salary, stress from Covid, inexperienced managers, no career prospects

Secret Escapes Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We're truly sorry to hear that you feel this way. We will take your feedback into account as we continue to improve.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good company with good values but only a few opportunities to grow

Oct 2, 2020 - Editorial in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good values Good poeple to work with Good energy, quite motivating Very good team spirit Beautiful office in Holborn with free food, drinks etc Senior management very accessible They encourage to share ideas and take them into account if good

Cons

Only very few opportunities to grow even after years Executive positions stuck at the bottom with no will to make people progress Low salaries comparing to the industry Little travel perks comparing to the industry (20% off on the website for staff and £100 voucher for Christmas)

Continue reading
      2 people found this review helpful

Secret Escapes Response

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us some feedback - it's great to hear that for the most part you're enjoying your time at Secret Escapes!

6. 3.0
      Current Employee

Time at se

Oct 12, 2020 - Contracts Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free food, free drink and socials

Cons

No progression, limited to role you are in

Secret Escapes Response

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us some feed back - it's great to hear that for the most part, you're enjoying your time at Secret Escapes! Sorry to hear that you've felt limited from a progression perspective though. We absolutely try and promote internal growth and development and hope that, as we continue to grow, these opportunities will present themselves more frequently.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good and fun

Feb 4, 2020 - Marketing Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun, Not boring, Diverse, Free food, Fast paced

Cons

Lots of work, Deadlines, Busy

Talent Administrator

We love getting honest feedback, thanks so much for taking the time to review! It's great to hear you enjoy the office culture! Secret Escapes is growing so it is a fast paced environment, however if your work load is unmanageable please speak to HR & your line manager directly to help.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A company that values their employees!

Nov 8, 2019 - Contracts Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexible working, really great company for work/life balance - Caring and supportive managers - Free food in the office, including free lunches, unlimited soft drinks and free alcoholic drinks every Friday - Office culture is laid back with great benefits - yoga, massages, manicures, meditation, discounts - A very hardworking environment which keeps you motivated to succeed but yet not too pressurising - On-boarding process is extremely supportive - you can tell before you even start the company that the business completely values it's employees.

Cons

- Sometimes quite a high workload with lots of admin but hard work is noticed amongst your managers

Talent Administrator

Thanks so much for your kind review! We're so glad you're having a positive experience and feel as though your work is being recognised.

9. 3.0
      Former Employee

sales exec

Jan 13, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

great working environment great people free food daily booze on fridays

Cons

no career progression low salary bad internal communications cliquey

2 people found this review helpful

Talent Administrator

Thank you for your post and for taking the time to write a glassdoor review about your time at Secret Escapes. We value all comments and will take your views on board. It’s lovely to hear that you enjoy the environment, the perks we have here at Secret Escapes, such as the yummy food in the kitchen and that the people you worked with are great - we think so too! Sorry to hear your comments about a lack of clear career progression, and around salaries – we benchmark our salaries against the market and do salary reviews annually. We also offer a variety of training and coaching sessions and we promoted 45 people internally in the first half of the year alone. Thanks for your comments around internal communications - we are working hard to ensure there is more consistent communications throughout the business, and will be launching our own intranet soon! We also have a new Internal Comms Executive who has joined the business to ensure our communications are frequent and relevant. With regards to your view of a “cliquey” environment, it would be really helpful to understand your experience. We would welcome an anonymous message to HR with anything that you would like to raise to help us consider this in an objective manner. We welcome any further views and we always endeavour to do our best to help our employees succeed and thoroughly enjoy work, so please do get in touch.

10. 5.0
      Current Intern

Top Tech Company to work for in the UK

Aug 4, 2018 - Anonymous Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free Food, Lots of Benefits, Game rooms, and Amazing Culture

Cons

Nothing to mention about, all good.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Reviews