Secret Escapes Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated 10 Nov 2020

3.8
Secret Escapes Co-founders Alex Saint and Tom Valentine (no image)
Alex Saint and Tom Valentine
Pros
  • "Free food, free drink and socials(in 13 reviews)

• "You choose the best time to work, good managing, great people to work with(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Communication between senior management could be better(in 6 reviews)

• "No career progression, get stuck in a rut(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

10 Nov 2020 - Contract Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people, great atmosphere, nice office

Cons

..... not much cons, not very transparent

Secret Escapes Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We're really happy to hear you're enjoying your time here

2. 5.0
      Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Great place to work!! Really well looked after

6 Feb 2020 - Anonymous Contractor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people!! Lovely office and great working environment Fab perks and benefits! Very autonomous

Cons

I'm yet to find any..

Talent Administrator

Thanks so much for your kind review! We really appreciate you taking the time to feedback to us!

3. 3.0
      Former Employee

sales exec

13 Jan 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

great working environment great people free food daily booze on fridays

Cons

no career progression low salary bad internal communications cliquey

2 people found this review helpful

Talent Administrator

Thank you for your post and for taking the time to write a glassdoor review about your time at Secret Escapes. We value all comments and will take your views on board. It’s lovely to hear that you enjoy the environment, the perks we have here at Secret Escapes, such as the yummy food in the kitchen and that the people you worked with are great - we think so too! Sorry to hear your comments about a lack of clear career progression, and around salaries – we benchmark our salaries against the market and do salary reviews annually. We also offer a variety of training and coaching sessions and we promoted 45 people internally in the first half of the year alone. Thanks for your comments around internal communications - we are working hard to ensure there is more consistent communications throughout the business, and will be launching our own intranet soon! We also have a new Internal Comms Executive who has joined the business to ensure our communications are frequent and relevant. With regards to your view of a “cliquey” environment, it would be really helpful to understand your experience. We would welcome an anonymous message to HR with anything that you would like to raise to help us consider this in an objective manner. We welcome any further views and we always endeavour to do our best to help our employees succeed and thoroughly enjoy work, so please do get in touch.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great work experience and smart people

26 Sep 2017 - Marketing Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture and very data driven company. It's a place where you can get involved in various projects and grow them as big as you can - as long as you show initiative and communicate, there are a lot of possibilities. The staff perks improved massively last year: staff training and coaching available, discounted health and dental insurance, and enhanced maternity package after you've worked there for 1 year. Quite flexible with working times too, you can leave at 5:30 if you take a shorter (30 min) lunch break. Office looks great, people are friendly. Would recommend anyone to work here - great place to work yourself up (especially at entry and mid-level) and get involved with a fun, respectable brand.

Cons

Some projects move along quite slow but this seems to be mostly due to lack of tech resource or not being prioritised by senior management (for reasons which may be fair enough but don't always have visibility on that). At times the company changes direction quite sudden - but you could also argue that is a good thing.

1 person found this review helpful

Secret Escapes Response

Hey, thank you for taking the time and effort to write a review on Glassdoor. We appreciate it. It’s fantastic to hear that you feel there are plenty of opportunities to take projects as far as you can and we’ve worked hard at improving our perks so it’s great to hear that you see these really positively too. You’re quite right to point out that things can change quickly at times. As you say this can be a good thing as we feel that it is important to remain nimble despite our growing size in order to take advantage of market opportunities. We have put a lot of effort into building the level of internal comms to help better disseminate information across the business and we will take your views on board and will continue to build further on this. If you ever have any further feedback please let our HR team know.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Secretly disappointing

24 Jan 2018 - Anonymous in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people who love what they do and have a passion for the company and its product. Beautiful website, great travel deals.

Cons

Lack of leadership and vision leads to apathy.

2 people found this review helpful

Talent Administrator

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us feedback on your time here at Secret Escapes. We are always looking to deliver the best experience we can for people and we know feedback is an important part of that. It’s lovely to hear our values and vision coming through in your comments about our staff. Our business product and company values are extremely important to us and something SE are very proud of. It's great that you really experienced that whilst you were here. Sorry to hear that you didn't feel as engaged in all elements of the business and leadership. We know how important good managers are, especially in an ever changing and growing business, and we are working on putting training structures in place to support our managers and ensure improvements moving forward. If there are any other specifics that you would like to share with us then please do get in touch with HR as we would welcome any feedback.

6. 5.0
      Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Amazing place to work!

29 May 2020 - Senior CopyWriter in Amsterdam
      Business Outlook

Pros

- lovely people -> AMAZING PEOPLE! - great office in the heart of Amsterdam - a dream! - great atmosphere - company culture and values (they really live it) - work & life balance - hard work & fun at workplace balance - opportunities for career and personal development - free lunch and food - Friday drinks

Cons

All very positive. Like everywhere some communication fine tuning could be nice. Only point. Salary is bit a low.

Secret Escapes Response

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us some feed back - it's great to hear that you're enjoying your time at Secret Escapes!

7. 5.0
      Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Company that may you interest

2 Sep 2019 - Software Engineer in Szczecin, West Pomerania, West Pomerania
      Business Outlook

Pros

You choose the best time to work, good managing, great people to work with

Cons

there are no bad things

Talent Administrator

Thanks for the kind review, we really appreciate good feedback! We're really glad that you enjoy the flexibility and company culture!

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 English Reviews