Seeq Reviews

Updated 12 Jan 2021

4.8
Seeq CEO Steve Sliwa (no image)
Steve Sliwa
  1. "Seeq will make you fall in love with remote-first"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Seeq full-time for less than a year

Pros

Seeq is fully remote and has been from the start. While some companies are awkward in remote implementation, Seeq embraces it. Not having a commute plus the comfort of your own home are benefits that will be hard to ever let go of. Outside of that, the company has a great culture. Very reasonable work/life balance, team members who enjoy being a part of Seeq and are a pleasure to interact with. Takes an active stance in incorporating DEI in hiring practices and company culture. Still has that startup feeling to it, so no feeling of corporate rigidity. Benefits are not as comprehensive as say FAANG, but are improving year after year as the company grows.

Cons

Fully remote. If you need the energy of being in an office to connect with coworkers or facilitate your work, it is pretty rough. Additionally, socializing with coworkers outside of work is more difficult,

2. "Fantastic company that has perfected the remote work enviornment"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Seeq full-time for less than a year

Pros

Seeq is a hidden treasure in the software world. It is rare to find a company that truly understands what it means to make good software. From the top down there is an emphasis on creating quality software and not just shipping because a deadline has been reached. The company fosters growth with its employees and gives them the opportunity to spread beyond the skillsets they were hired for. Seeq has all the benefits of a startup with none of the instability or uncertainty that comes with that small company feel. Each employee feels valued and that comes all the way down from the top. Seeq has perfected the remote work environment giving employees all the perks of working from home while still never feeling isolated from your teammates.

Cons

None that I can think of

3. "ok"

2.0
    Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at Seeq full-time for less than a year

Pros

okay compensation good vacation nice people

Cons

nothing really to think about

"Superior Environment"

5.0

I have been working at Seeq for more than a year

Pros

Seeq has a team of entirely intelligent individuals. And it shows. Given that we are 100% remote, we get to choose the best and the brightest talent for each and every role. I'd venture to guess that each position we post on our open job listing receives 200+ applicants. Many companies who boast remote/work-from-home/virtual teams have much to learn in how to do effectively. Seeq has accomplished this tenfold. We hold a daily Show & Tell in which individual employees get 15 minutes to talk about areas in which they're passionate. All of our meetings are held with video conferencing. There is no disconnect or feelings of non-communication. Everything is completely transparent in every way. Employees know what's going on, when it's going on. The leadership team is superb. Seeq is a start-up, but you'd never know it because they excel in organization. They offer excellent benefits and value every member of their growing team.

Cons

The only con I've experienced in my two years is software/tool overload. We have yet to hone in on tools that we should be using and tools that are wasteful, which has led to having many tools that overlap.

Continue reading
  5. "Brilliant people from all industries disrupting the way process industries gain insight from their data"

Current Employee - Analytics Engineer

I have been working at Seeq full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone that we work with is passionate about the product, the company, and its culture - making going to work seem more a privilege and less a chore. The leadership team is transparent about where the company stands and approachable to anyone within the company. They're working hard to maintain the vibrant culture of Seeq as the company scales. All employees are virtual, but we have an approachable virtual office space that makes it very easy to collaborate and build relationships with colleagues. Frequent activities like daily show and tell, baby showers, trivia, among others keep the mood light and fun. Travel is extensive, but when you can work from anywhere travel days have a minimal impact on productivity.

Cons

Any of the first world problems that come with remote working. I find myself working more hours than I did in my previous office based jobs, but being happy to do so thanks to loving the nature of the work.

Continue reading
  6. "Great people working together (remotely!) to solve hard problems"

I have been working at Seeq full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This company is full of people that I enjoy working with every single day. They are positive, energetic, honest, sincere, helpful, humble, considerate and smart. We all work out of our homes and effectively collaborate each day with folks from across the company and the globe. We have a #kudos Slack channel that people use all the time to highlight the great work of their colleagues. The product is a technical one, solving hard math and data problems in an intuitive way. It has been a dream job for me so far.

Cons

There have been no downsides from my standpoint.

"Best. Job. Ever."

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Seeq full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Kind, smart funny people making educated decisions: You can tell that a lot of thought and discussion went into the design of the system as well as the culture that surrounds you. This kind of pride in the product and deep desire to help and support both your colleagues and your customers doesn't just pop out of the ground. It's built overtime, one good decision after the other. - Working remotely that works: I have never felt so efficient! No commute. We span 3 time zone and yet it all comes together smoothly thanks to using the right technology for meetings, socializing and organizing. Seeq has an in-house virtual office that makes me feel like I am right there. They have all kinds of cool ways to bridge the virtual gap and ensure that you feel connected to your colleagues (even the CEO). - Very cool product. When I got the first demo of our product, my jaw dropped. I love when technology solves a human problem! It's a complex, challenging, well designed product that makes for interesting work and great customer value. - Life balance: I'm a mom. Being at home when my son gets back from school is priceless. I can also start a bit early (or a little later) to accommodate life. Work and home don't compete anymore: there's enough time for everyone. - If you're a woman, this is the Holy Grail. I've been a software engineer for 15 years and it is such a luxury to feel completely at ease in such a well balanced environment. That's also not something that happens on its own. It's a deliberate process to build a culture that is inclusive, diverse and kind. It's Seeq. It's Unique.

Cons

The salary is lower than other Big Players but there's a lot of efforts being expanded to bridge that gap, including a cool employee bonus program. In my case, the salary differential was not significant enough to weigh in heavily, especially considering all the pros.

8. "The best company culture"

I have been working at Seeq full-time

Pros

Seeq has some of the most empathetic and culture-oriented employees I've ever seen. Aside from the emphasis on remote work and work/life balance, there is a incentives and bonus program tied to overall company performance. Despite the company being all remote, there is ample opportunity to socialize and maintain a social life among employees based on how the work day and communication platforms are structured (proprietary tech was literally developed for it). Scrums are flexible and so are the days off. Finally, the product itself is exciting and is unlike anything being developed by most software startups today. I feel truly fortunate for the opportunity to work on it.

Cons

I truly and honestly cannot think of anything. The company is still at its early stages perhaps, and that may bring some bumps along the road in the future. But its growth potential is great, and I'm sure it can overcome them.

9. "Dog Friendly!"

I have been working at Seeq full-time

Pros

Working from home is a great perk. My dog loves the fact that I'm always home.

Cons

It's hard to socialize with team members outside of work since we're geographically distant from one another.

"A fun group of people that I learn from everyday"

I have been working at Seeq full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

* Inclusive and supportive culture * Low pressure and low stress work environment, despite being a startup * The highest concentration of talented people I've ever worked with * Ability to contribute to any area of the product that draws your attention * A group of folks that genuinely likes each other * Really cool technology, especially the calculation engine * Fully supportive of individual learning as well as incorporating new technologies into the product * Room for career growth, especially as the company grows * Company trajectory appears to be very positive

Cons

While the compensation is getting better every year, it's still a bit lower than I could make elsewhere. However, this is balanced quite a bit by the equity and the ability to move anywhere in the US and make the same amount.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 English Reviews