SendBird Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 7 reviews

5.0
SendBird CEO John Kim
John Kim
  1. "Everything makes sense"

I have been working at SendBird full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. People. Everyone is ready to help, communicate, and solve problems. 2. Dynamics in operation which is fun and exciting. 3. Flexible. People are willing to listen. 4. Work-life balance if you’re doing your job done well.

Cons

1. Communication between offices is not easy due to timezone gap. 2. A little stressful if you are only interested in compensation and work-life balance.

SendBird2018-04-21

"Best messaging solution company."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at SendBird full-time for less than a year

Pros

You can experience a process of a company's rapid growth. You can learn the engineering skills to deal with the huge network traffic as an infrastructure engineer. You can learn the engineering skills to make a reliable SDK as a mobile and web engineer. You can work with the very well-known companies as customers. The coworkers are so talented and friendly.

Cons

Cooperation between two offices (US and KR) is not easy because of the time difference. You need to deal with a customer's requirements as soon as possible (Our customers are everywhere in the world!) It's not easy to develop features to satisfy most customers.

SendBird2018-02-02

"Love being a member of SendBird!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seoul

I have been working at SendBird full-time for more than a year

Pros

Challenges to handle intensive server traffic for great companies around the world. Best team members motivated, dedicated, highly skilled. YC alumni, HQ located near San Francisco (commutable distance from SF, San Hose by Cal Train) CEO cares custom and courtesy

Cons

As 2 offices are separated in different time zone, sometimes it can be a nuisance to wake someone up in another time zone. But sometimes it benefits us to monitor our server status.

SendBird2018-02-01

"Cool product and great team"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at SendBird full-time for less than a year

Pros

SendBird has a lot of potential for the future. The product is awesome and there's a huge market demand for it, which is great. For me, the best part of the company is the team. Everyone is intelligent, hardworking, supportive, and humble. John the CEO is very transparent and always makes sure you have the support that you need.

Cons

It's a startup, so everything is fast paced, things can change quickly, and we wear many hats. But that is true for every growing startup.

SendBird2018-01-18

"Exciting and dynamic work environment"

I have been working at SendBird full-time

Pros

- You can learn a ton working here because you can take on as many roles and responsibilities as you can manage. This is the best thing about the job. - The day-to-day can be pretty exciting because you're building up the team, product, and company--not from scratch but from an early stage - People are really committed to their work, especially the engineers - The people are genuinely nice - I had no expectations...

Cons

- With so much to do, it can be easy to lose sight of your long-term goals because you're basically hustling week to week - The US office isn't that comfortable or well-appointed (but we're moving to a new one) - Someone else said this, I think, but with the diverse range of roles and needs, comes a lot of responsibility and it can feel overwhelming sometimes

Advice to Management

Sleep more, exercise and eat healthily.

SendBird2018-01-20

"Great place to work if you are serious about B2B, SaaS, Enterprise"

Current Employee - Business Growth Strategist in Seoul

I have been working at SendBird full-time for more than a year

Pros

You will get all the support you ever need, and all the opportunity and exposure you ever need to work with top-tier global clients in the SaaS, API business. The team is extremely tenacious and customer success driven.

Cons

All the support and opportunity also means all the responsibility and effort on your end, so if you are underprepared, it will not be an easy place for you.

Advice to Management

Kepp it going! We have still so much room to grow!

SendBird2018-01-09

"Very fast growing company with high expectations"

I have been working at SendBird full-time

Pros

- Exciting working experience for big and challenging customers from all around the world - All the communication from management, or throughout the team is very transparent - Anyone can contribute building a corporate culture which is still in early stage and I have been very excited about this - Result driven growth and there are many room to lead upcoming growth opportunity and customer initiatives - The most fair...

Cons

- Like many other early-stage startups, everything happens in very fast paced and If you don't learn to make the work life balance work for you, it can be a bit exhausting. But you'll also be given lots of support with this if you ask for it.

SendBird2017-12-21