SeneGence Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

SeneGence CEO Joni Rogers-Kante
Joni Rogers-Kante

"Many people leaving"

I worked at SeneGence

Pros

Free snacks and drinks Gym reimbursement Flexible working hours Good benefits

Cons

Tech no longer feels like a team and many people are leaving due to new leadership. Management is a bully, stresses people out, and even has made people cry. Nobody will go to HR because they are scared and from the people who have went, no action was taken. About half the team has left since new management came in and before I left majority of the remaining tech employees said they would start looking for a new job... after the new year.

Advice to Management

Hire a CTO who is a true leader and not someone who sits in their office all day. Someone who leads by example and doesn’t think their opinion is the only one that matters. We see the President of the company WAY more often than our own leader. Have more team building events like in the past. Take this advice and take action before you lose the whole team and don’t deny people exit interviews even if it’s something... you don’t wanna hear.

SeneGence2019-11-15
  2. "Great Company Great Products"

Current Employee - Distributor

I have been working at SeneGence part-time for less than a year

Pros

Skin care line is Amazing, it actually works!

Cons

Shipping and Handling costs are a bit high

SeneGence2019-10-09

"Company full of Drama & racist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at SeneGence full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits, gym reimbursement, coffee & snacks

Cons

Drama & gossiping is a huge issue in the office. Many people are related , mostly moms & daughters, and there is a lot of politics. Regardless if you are neutral or not, they are looking for any way to start drama and stir the pot. It’s over all a really catty environment. After a lengthy hiring process I only stayed for one week - due to office drama. They don’t trust their employees. High turn over rate, no one... that I met has been there longer than a year. Many people come and go quickly, as I did after quitting my job for this position. If you have a family to care for it’s not worth the risk. Also experienced many racist attitudes . To my fellow woman of color and latinas , BEWARE. You will hear things that make your blood boil.

Advice to Management

Quit prioritizing and feeding off of office drama & politics. Treat your employees good and they will stay.

SeneGence2019-10-02

"The culture is very toxic."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at SeneGence full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay was good for the job that was performed.

Cons

Environment, toxic management, lack of communication with corporate,

Advice to Management

Be honest with your employees and don't involve your self with cliques.

SeneGence2019-08-23
  5. "Fantastic company with outstanding support for distributors"

Current Employee - Retail Distribution in Aspley

I have been working at SeneGence full-time for more than a year

Pros

It’s social, educational and fun. I love meeting other women and men in our company that are willing to work together to help each other by sharing knowledge and ideas. There is also a fantastic commission and compensation plan on top of the 20-50% discounts on products, giving better profits than many other companies in the field.

Cons

It takes a little while to build customers, you hear of people saying they did it all in just a few weeks but that is rare. You need to put some effort into building and maintaining a business and providing customer service (which I actually love)

Advice to Management

Keep on being amazing. After nearly 2years I am still excited to be a small part of such a fantastic company that really does aim to provide for their distributors as well as retail customers. Not to mention the charity’s that you support.

SeneGence2019-07-14

"Accounting"

Former Employee - Accountant in Lake Forest, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at SeneGence full-time for more than a year

Pros

Chill work environment and people

Cons

Overwhelming work and office politics

Advice to Management

Less ambitious

SeneGence2019-06-21

"Not worth it"

Current Employee - Distributor in Wichita, KS

I have been working at SeneGence part-time for less than a year

Pros

The make up is great. I loved the idea of being able to be a stay at home mom and still earn a bit of money

Cons

The up line distributor didn't know how to help me get sales or how to explain what some of the products where. I never got help with anything.

SeneGence2019-05-16

"Slow down and Communicate"

Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at SeneGence full-time

Pros

The pay!!! I was given more than I expected, and I know several other people had the same experience. Good benefits Free product Flexible schedule Loved my coworkers

Cons

Lack of direction from leadership, organization, communication and creativity. Impossible turn around times and poor planning. It's gotten a little better, but we still seemed to always be scrambling to meet a deadline. Creativity suffered because of it. Titles don't mean anything. There is no chain of command. Everyone is kinda doing their own thing, and ultimately those who have worked here for several... years, or have connections with executives get their way.

Advice to Management

Clearly define management roles/duties and communicate them to the entire team so everyone is on the same page with responsibilities - and stick to them! Everyone needs to stay in their own lane. Take a step back, and slow down. When every project is needed "ASAP" quality suffers and errors are rampant. Do more market research. TRY (just try) to allow more time to create one quality, well planned, research... backed campaign, rather than just crossing your fingers with 10 new products, new countries, new apps as fast as possible. I admire SeneGence's ambition, but the aim should be for quality over quantity. Get a good project manager (with proven experience) Make the rebranding and website a priority - and do it well. People will buy more of the product if it looks pretty and they enjoy their shopping experience. These are obvious things that need improvement. Get a game plan together with realistic timelines and geterrrdunnnn.

SeneGence2019-04-12

"Terrible return policy; corporate only cares about high ranking distributors"

Current Employee - Independent Distributor

I have been working at SeneGence part-time for more than a year

Pros

Really great products, I use and love many of them.

Cons

Terrible return policy for distributors known as RMA (retail merchandise authorization). First you need to get the product back from the customer, then fill out a form and send unwanted/defective products back for 10% fee and shipping it back is on you. Then if they feel the return is authorized, they will send out the replacement to you, and then you mail or deliver said product to your customer at your expense.... It's a long process that is costly to the distributor. Their shipping and handling on just one tube of gloss will cost you a minimum of $7.50 and even though we get a discount of 20-50% off retail, you will pay tax on full price of any product you purchase. Suggestions and concerns are dismissed by uplines and corporate if you are a low ranking distributor. They only listen to those that have large down lines.

Advice to Management

Redo your return policy for your distributors and stand behind them because in the end the product has their name on it.

SeneGence2019-03-21
  10. "An amazing company to be part of"

Current Employee - Crown Princess in Melbourne

I have been working at SeneGence full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been with SeneGence for over 3 years, and it is the most amazing company. Freedom to work when ever I want, from wherever I want. I choose to work my business full time alongside my full time job, and it has been such a blessing. I will forget be apart of SeneGence. Not only an amazing company, I have met so many amazing people too.

Cons

I really have nothing bad to say!

SeneGence2019-02-25