Sensée Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Sensée Reviews

Updated Oct 9, 2019

Found 88 reviews

3.5
Sensée CEO Steve Mosser (no image)
Steve Mosser
Pros
  • "Its the same as any office - don't think just because you're working from home it's easy(in 39 reviews)

• "No commute, flexibility of working hours, real time support by real people who care about you(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "The first allocation of the holiday allowance for Aril 2019 to March 2020 has only just been released this week(in 10 reviews)

• "Very poor contact with sensee themselves - very distant and just gave set info rather than engage(in 9 reviews)

"Does what it says on the tin."

Former Employee - CSA

I worked at Sensée full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work from home, choose hours, impressive clients. Able to spend more time with family.

Cons

Calls drag but no different to normal call centre. Hours are first come first serve.

Advice to Management

Can do with improvements to hour selection - miss out on hour selection if on a call/break when released.

September 17, 2019Office Administrator

Thanks for leaving this review - it's great to see things have been working out for you!

2. "My first experience of homeworking"

Former Employee - Remote Agent in Preston, North West England, England

I worked at Sensée part-time for less than a year

Pros

The training was very structured and thorough

Cons

Needs to be more flexibility regarding working hours allocated and booking holidays, outlay of equipment needed

Sensée2019-10-09

"Great company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Sensée full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Full time work from home Dedicated and supported training Great virtual relationships with colleagues and managers Committed coaching sessions Working for big brand names No commute Good support systems

Cons

Picking the hours I work is done on a first come first served basis so I need to ensure I am quick. Need to buy own equipment and therefore if it goes wrong it’s my responsibility to fix it- not really a con and personally think it’s a fair approach but wanted to call it out

Advice to Management

It would be good to sometimes host optional face to face meet ups as a whole business maybe once every few months?

September 17, 2019Office Administrator

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback - it's greatly appreciated.

"Is what it is"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Sensée full-time for less than a year

Pros

Ability to work at home.

Cons

Hours are a free for all which means you often dont get what you want

Sensée2019-09-03

September 4, 2019Office Administrator

Thanks for leaving this review! Your feedback is important, and we'll continue looking into how we can make Sensée even better!

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Bupa Member Service Advisor in London, England

I have been working at Sensée full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get to work from home Flexible hours Caring and Supportive Management

Cons

Can be difficult to get the shifts you want to work and sometimes have to work long days.

Advice to Management

None, very well run and great support have always felt cared about and valued

Sensée2019-08-29

"Approach with caution"

Former Employee - Customer Service

I worked at Sensée part-time for more than a year

Pros

No Commute Customers were mostly nice

Cons

A typical day at work revolved around answering telephone calls. I learned a few things as time progressed. Customers were a joy to be in contact with. I swiftly became familiar with company computer systems. In my opinion, there were those in management who were clearly a detriment to the company. Working from home you require remote support on occasion. I discovered that you soon relied on favourites in... management who would provide the correct support with nothing too much trouble. Yet, there were those who had been promoted and given a pay rise, who clearly believed that they could now experience an easy ride. They would belittle and bark orders, being constantly on your back, but had little or no knowledge about the company, client, systems or how to provide support. As you would expect with a home based job you hardly get to know your colleagues at all. Initially, there was a system in place whereby colleagues could communicate with each other privately. It was never used to talk about our private lives, i found that it was a great way of providing assistance to each other, to pass on information. This was taken away from us. I firmly believe that the company became a little paranoid. Divide and conquer! There was a culture in the workplace which often left me quite perplexed. You would often encounter problems and difficulties which could easily have been avoided if the management had passed on relevant new information. It seemed that they were content to hit it head on then deal with the aftermath afterwards. Rather than discussing potential pitfalls before they have a chance to occur. The hardest part of the job was the structure by which your weekly hours were chosen. At a designated time each week you were expected to log in then swiftly choose the hours that you would prefer for the following weeks. This was fraught with stress as not only might you actually be working when the new hours were released, but it was a free for all with your fellow colleagues. Best case scenario you acquired hours that suited you in the main, on days you could manage. Worst case scenario, your hours were split over all available company hours throughout the entire seven days of the week, with the likely case that on some days you might have to do ten hours or more, on other days you are booked in for a solitary half an hour. As for the life/work balance debate this is definitely not a good system for achieving this. You often felt isolated, alone and tied to the house and job. . I would recommend this job if you like communicating to mostly lovely customers, you can ignore the god complex displayed by many of the management, you don't mind the awful stress of how your hours will be allocated, and you don't mind having your work/life balance shattered in favour of all work no life. I now have a job that actually gives work life balance.

Advice to Management

Let's have people treated fairly please and not exploited. You are spoiling a good company with your treatment of employees. People don't need to be bullied into working hard.

September 17, 2019Office Administrator

Thank you for your very comprehensive feedback - you have made some salient points that we will take on board regarding management consistency. We make a huge effort to communicate effectively to all of our colleagues as we believe that engagement and reduction in isolation is the key to making homeworking successful. And so I’m disappointed that you felt this didn’t work for you. Our retention of people is very high compared to other contact centres, and our weekly agent satisfaction surveys (as well as regular feedback from colleagues) suggests that they would disagree with you when it comes to life/work balance – the feedback shows that Sensée homeworking offers a very good life/work balance for the majority of people most of the time. We continue to stress that whilst homeworking with Sensée may not work for everyone, for a large number of people the real living wage, no commute and positive life/work balance works really well. I would suggest rather than “Approach with caution” interested people should approach with an open mind and make sure that homeworking works for them by discussing any concerns with our Recruitment team before joining.

"Amazing to work for"

Current Employee - Customer Service

I have been working at Sensée part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I had the most amazing team leader, lots of support, we become a family almost. working from home was the best, payments always on time

Cons

nothing that I can think of

Sensée2019-08-07

September 3, 2019Office Administrator

Hi there! It's great to see that Sensée has been working out for you - we always appreciate positive feedback :)

"Avoid if want to work for decent employers....."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England

I worked at Sensée part-time for more than a year

Pros

Home working. There are NO other pros!

Cons

Hours vary and if you are away when booking hours, tough, you get the leftovers! Hours are all over the place...could have odd hours all day, evening and night... work every weekend! No work/family balance, not with the booking system of hours! They make you join the first available job, eventhough may not suit you and you have limited time to choose! So, they are doing badly by those that employ them! They... still do this now!!! Team leaders are dire and have zero skills as leaders. Management do not care! Support after training (LOL) is zero!

Advice to Management

Tell the truth when joining of what really like!! Better to have basic set minimum hours, then have rest up for grabs. That way help your staff know their hours and this will promote loyalty to you! Basic necessity really!!! Staff maybe a commodity to you, but still need nurturing! Leaders are awful and most obviously have zero training and treat you like a commodity. No wonder so many leave constantly! Zero... support after training! How can you provide a great service, when put zero effort into staff...... you can’t.

Sensée2019-08-26

September 2, 2019Office Administrator

Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate our business methodology doesn’t work for everyone, and we try to be clear as possible during the interview process to make sure the role will work well for those who want to join us. And we try to match the person to the role and vice versa as it is in our best interests to do so. We believe the work/life balance we offer is really positive for our employees as they can manage their work around their other responsibilities far more with us than they can if they have to commute to work and work fixed shifts with no flexibility. I think your criticism of the team leaders is unfair – they try to do the best they can, and whilst none of us are perfect, they usually do a great job. Also, people join us and stay with us – our retention rates are much better than other similar businesses and therefore your comments with regard to this are simply wrong. Our performance overall is also very good and well-received by our clients. We’re sorry it didn’t work out for you but pleased that it still offers good jobs, paying the real living wage and the flexibility that many people are looking for.

"Nothing but good things to say about them."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Sensée part-time for less than a year

Pros

Very flexible (subject to client requirements) as long as you book your shifts promptly. Training us great. I recently went live on a new account and the training was brilliant and covered pretty much everything needed. Colleagues are great, managers are fab. Yes, you are monitored, but if you're working, what does it matter? Its the same as any office - don't think just because you're working from home it's easy. I... work harder now than when I was office based, but love that I finish work and I'm 10 seconds away from my living room.

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I love working for you.

Sensée2019-06-04

July 4, 2019Office Administrator

Thank you kindly for leaving this review - we're glad to see that our homeworking model works for you!

10. "Not consistent with regards to “appropriate working space”"

Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Bournemouth, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Sensée full-time for more than a year

Pros

Home working and flexible hours

Cons

To start job initially will need all the required IT equipment can cost a minimum £1000, unfortunately not reimbursed if failed probationary period.

Advice to Management

Advise potential new employees of cost to start role

Sensée2019-07-02

July 4, 2019Office Administrator

Thanks for your feedback. We’re sorry the role didn’t work out for you – we try to create flexible homeworking roles that really work for all of our employees with meaningful fully-employed jobs that pay more than the real living wage. The cost of the set up is usually around £400 for most people, so I’m not sure of your specific situation and why it would cost £1,000? And the cost of the equipment is recouped within a few months with the benefit of no longer having to pay to commute to work. We do stress this potential cost at interview stage, but based on your feedback, we will re-emphasise this even more when we are recruiting people.

Found 88 reviews