Sensée Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 7 February 2019

3.7
Steve Mosser

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Working from home is different to being in an office and took some adjustment but it works for me" (in 32 reviews)

• "No commute, flexibility of working hours, real time support by real people who care about you" (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "Booking hours could be a tad tricky at times but once you got the hang of it and planned ahead it was ok" (in 7 reviews)

• "I'm not a huge fan of annualised hours - more of a preference thing than outright negative (they have yet to impede my life)" (in 5 reviews)

1. "Salaried home based role"

I have been working at Sensée part-time

Pros

No commuting
    Paid training
    Opportunities to move up the ladder
    Great group of colleagues

Cons

Holiday planning needs more thought

2. "Great company"

Former Employee - MSA in Croydon, England
    Former Employee - MSA in Croydon, England

I worked at Sensée full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home, great work/life balance, lots of help and support, flexibility to choose ur own work timings

Cons

Can’t think of any cons

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - we're glad to see that Sensée has been working out for you!

"Could be great, but not yet."

Current Employee - MSA in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - MSA in Manchester, England

I have been working at Sensée full-time (More than a year)

Pros

• No actual commute (saves on transport costs.)
    • Great team members from all walks of life.
    • Majority of managers are hardworking and approachable.
    • Usually, there is a good amount of overtime.
    • Paid on time each month.
    • Guaranteed your contracted hours.

Cons

• The holiday booking process is dreadful. The first allocation of the holiday allowance for Aril 2019 to March 2020 has only just been released this week. (Thur 03.01.19) If you're trying to book a family holiday during school holidays and get a good deal, good luck! If however, you don’t care when you take your holidays you will be fine. ( to be fair to the company they say this is changing.)
    • Basic hours booking is hit or miss. If you're on a call at the time the weekly hours are released (Tuesday at 12:15) then it is hit or miss what is left to book. At present, you can only book hours online using the company's software package called TeamTonic on the computer you work from home on. This means if you are away from the house you are unable to book hours. Again the company says they are looking to improve this.
    • You will work on an annualised hours contract. So for example, if you work 30 hours a week that equates to an annualised hour contract of 1560 hrs annually. (30 x 52) The weekly hours can alter by up to 20% depending on the client's needs. So could be anything from 24 hours to 36 hours but over the year should balance to 1560. This doesn’t happen. Additional hours are added into your annualised hours without any form of communication and no additional holiday hours are granted for the additional base hours worked. This has happened for the last two years as far as I know and definitely for the last year.
    • If you are unable to work due to computer issues/phone line problems or broadband outage, you are unpaid and your holiday entitlement will be reduced as well, as the company says you didn’t work the hours to accumulate the holiday hours. If you need software reinstalling such as VPN software or the companies telephone system you can wait 10 mins to two weeks for I.T to show up and do this. This downtime is unpaid. Recently if you're waiting more than two days for I.T to show up you may be paid.
    • Some accounts are restricted as to applying for other roles within the business as they do not want to lose the headcount on that account thus possibly leading to not fulfilling the client's requirements.
    • Not all jobs are advertised. The company says they are, but they are not. Vacancies have been filled without the job being advertised. When jobs are advertised the communication is very poor

Advice to Management

Advice to management
    The basis behind Sensee’s business model makes a lot of sense. However, the day to day implantation seems lacking in some areas. Improve on the basics and sensee could be a homeworking company that is the 1st in its field and a company people would compete to work for.
    It’s a well-known fact if employees are happy within their role they are much more likely to stay with the company. Thus improving the overall experience level on the accounts. The current staff would become ambassadors for the company, telling people how good Sensee is to work for, thus improving the reputation from ok to great.
    • Sort out the holiday book process.
    • Improve the weekly hours booking process.
    • Advertise all roles to all staff.
    • Don’t alienate staff on certain accounts
    • Don’t underhandly increase annualised hours, be open and honest when you need help; most staff will help out if treated right.
    • When staff apply for vacancies, improve communication even if they have been unsuccessful. Discuss this, don’t just ignore them.

Hi.

Thank you for your comprehensive and well thought through feedback.

We believe 100% in our business model and are constantly looking to improve processes and ways of working to ensure... More

"Stay Away"

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent - DPD in Burnley, England
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent - DPD in Burnley, England

I worked at Sensée full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working from home so no commute, saves on transport costs.

Cons

Lot of politics involved, if you don't fit in you'll struggle. I saw plenty of staff ignored and seemed to be the only one making an effort to talk to.
    Management aren't the best, there are a few great team leaders but the rest are shocking. Live Desk team leaders are just a joke. I saw one promoted within a month of being on the account, not knowing a single thing and regularly had to deal with one issuing warnings when he gets upset and tries to hand out wrong information, potentially damaging for the consumer on the phone.
    Often goto advise is transfer the call to DPD's in house departments so it gets them off our queue.
    Booking hours is a free for all, if you're on a call when they're released then good luck.
    Hardly any time to wrap up calls, if you've had a particularly lengthy or complex one, you'd let Live Desk know you need a few minutes to type up the notes and action anything and then be thrown into a call 30 seconds later being unable to action the callers requests.
    You're just a number, a cog in the system. A few weeks into working we was all put at risk of redundancy, after they'd just recruited more staff onto the contract too. Spending weeks in limbo and in various meetings, being unable to discuss it with other staff due to the threats of disciplinary action.
    If you're out spoken, not in your shell and have a backbone you'll struggle. Some team leaders like to walk all over their staff and if they stand up or correct wrong doing you'll eventually get the boot.
    Ongoing training is none existent.
    Booking holidays is none existent too, thirty seconds into them being released they was all taken. Similar with hours booking too, meaning you could be working 0800 - 0830, 0900 - 1100, 1400-1700 - 1900-1930 as there isn't any hours available, they preach about flexibility with working from home but you won't have a social life due to the ridiculous booking system.
    Security is ridiculous too, turns out the team leaders can track your every move, see your screen, your files, website history and webcam even when not on shift and logged into another user account. I found that out the hard way after leaving the job and dissecting the software myself.

Advice to Management

See above, plenty for management to do and change. The idea of home based CSA's sounds great, but your execution is very poor and leaves a lot to be desired.

25 Jan 2019 – Office Administrator

Thanks for taking the time to give your feedback, and I’m sorry Sensée didn’t work out for you.

We have tried to create a homeworking environment that works for everyone, and based on the feedback... More

"Actual homeworking"

Current Employee - CSA
    Current Employee - CSA

I have been working at Sensée full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Simple job, pays the bills. Schedule my own hours (within certain requirements) and a very friendly working environment.

It's good to know that while the job is from home, it is in fact a job. It's very easy to imagine that you'd be sitting at home in your office with your feet up and the TV on while answering calls, but it's not possible. As most jobs, while it's pretty easy to actually do, you require concentration to do it properly.

Cons

Can feel secluded at times due to working from home. Otherwise, it's a bit monotonous but that's not really Sensée's fault - it's the job I guess.

Advice to Management

Promote a culture where people feel more involved with one another. Perhaps more ways to get to know people who work for different accounts/clients/departments.

What a great review!

Thank you for taking the time to leave this detailed review - it's much appreciated. We're glad working for Sensée has been a positive experience for you :)

"Great"

I have been working at Sensée full-time

Pros

You get to work from home so no commuting which is really nice. Working from home is different to being in an office and took some adjustment but it works for me

Cons

You need to know it's flexible but not flexi time - but you do know a few weeks in advance.

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review - it's nice to see you've benefited from the Sensée working model :)

"Okaayyyyish"

I worked at Sensée full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice that its home based and you can pick your hrs

Cons

Business managers are very unhelpful and don't respond to emails they send out, Even though on the emails they clearly state they have an 'open door policy' and if anything bothers an adviser they can be approached but guess what ???!!! They never respond ...... Not much progression opportunities and even if anything comes up the managers pick their friends and don't even bother considering candidates with real experience and qualifications.

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a reply.

We take every measure we can to ensure all our staff feel supported by their managers, but sometimes this isn't always possible (particularly... More

"Absolutely terrible how trainees are treated!"

Former Employee - DPD Customer Services
    Former Employee - DPD Customer Services

I worked at Sensée full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The role was easy enough. Colleagues were generally nice and supportive.

Cons

Absolute disgrace how I was treated. They preach empathy but show absolutely none toward employees! I booked hours for the first time ever using the system. Having worked 6 days in a row and thinking that I booked the Sunday off (honest mistake if its your first time ever using the system), I was sacked. No warnings. Nothing. Does that sound empathetic?

Advice to Management

Fire your HR department! I was a good worker. Punctual. I missed 1 shift due to inexperience booking hours (it was my first time!) and was fired. Ridiculously over the top reaction to such an innocent mix-up!

"Everything excellent other than holiday planning"

Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Manchester, England
    Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Manchester, England

I worked at Sensée part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home. Nice people. Excellent training

Cons

Can be difficult to get the time off you want

Advice to Management

Sort out today's and it would have been a straight five stars.

"Awful Company Stay Well Clear"

I worked at Sensée part-time

Pros

Honestly? None at all, period.

Cons

Lots of up front promises that are not fulfilled. You'll be spending best part of £1,000 for the equipment so think hard before you join. The extra bonus of £1.40 per hour has so many hoops and hurdles it's impossible to earn it. They employ double what they need then cull 50%. The 5 weeks training does not prepare you for the real job. If you're an insurance company or bank stay well clear as their security and GDPR systems are flawed. All looks good from the outside but that's an illusion.

Advice to Management

Be more honest about what's required to earn the extra £1.40ph bonus. Improve your training to reflect the real job and you need a massive re-think on your data protection system.

26 Sep 2018 – Office Administrator

We take your comments very seriously.

There are a number of incorrect statements:

1. Most people know that a standard PC and dual screen does not cost £1,000. Generally the people joining will... More