Sensée Employee Reviews about "o commute"

Updated Oct 19, 2021

Found 213 of over 237 reviews

3.9
Sensée CEO Mark Walton (no image)
Mark Walton
Pros
  • "Genuine feeling of being cared about, working from home but support is always there so you don't feel isolated(in 60 reviews)

• "No commute, flexible hours, working from the comfort of your own home(in 26 reviews)

• Cons
  • "A lot of client app issues (not by the fault of Sensee)(in 13 reviews)

• "Booking hours is a free for all so expect scattered shifts if you're not quick enough(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "o commute"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Never thought I would work again..

Oct 19, 2021 - Member Services in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

When I was diagnosed with a long term illness almost 10 years ago, I never thought I would get a normal regular paying job again, that was until I found sensee. They allow you to work from home for an hourly wage and provide endless support to help do the job at hand. Everyone is so friendly and caring and lots of opportunities to promote from within.

Cons

Honestly...Can't think of a single thing!

Sensée Response

Thank you very much for your feedback!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Oct 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of potential for development Supportive management Work life balance

Cons

Must make sure you separate your work and home life

Sensée Response

Thank you for your review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Nice raking from home - if you fit the bill

Oct 18, 2021 - Customer Service Agent
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent communication and support platforms.

Cons

Not very disability friendly although they claim to be.

Sensée Response

I am very sorry to hear that you did not feel you were supported with your disability. We at Sensée are proud to be registered ‘Disability Confident’ and due to the nature of our home working model and the flexibility we are able to offer have many employees for whom working in a physical office is not an option. However, we are always learning and improving how we can best support our employees. If you would feel comfortable please email us at hr@sensee.co.uk , we would be keen to hear of your experience and understand how we could have done better.

4. 2.0

Great staff, terrible policies

Oct 14, 2021 - Customer Advisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Staff are amazing, trainers are lovely and the people overall are great. Decent pay and you have a chance of progression quite rapidly.

Cons

Quite unnecessary requirements and on top of it, you have to pay for it all. They require you to have a PC (now they are trailing laptops which is good) and a monitor screen (which certainly helps for convenience) however this is when things get a bit ridiculous. •Firstly the location, you have to be in a room and it cannot be a bedroom. I understand that a bedroom may not be a formal office place however many people have their offices set in their bedrooms which looks professional and is professional such as the bed not being near to their office space. This links in slightly to the second point. •Secondly you have to use an Ethernet cable (even if your wifi connection is far stronger than the average and people who work for the company who have Ethernet cables). I find this unfair because not everyone can directly connect from an Ethernet due to their location such as some having their routers in their bedrooms. Even if an individual find to use Ethernet another way, the company forbid using wireless adapters which uses Ethernet cable. •Thirdly, some roles require a landline. Not everyone uses landlines these days and many companies use systems within PC’s to combat this. Even if some people do have landlines, similar to point 2, not everyone has the chance to connect with it. To sum it up, if the company provides all of these things then it would make sense however it’s quite unfair that future employees have to set all these things up (which take a lot of time) and costs a lot of money on top of that.

3 people found this review helpful

Sensée Response

I am very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with some of the policies we have for our Home-based setups. The Sensee homeworking model is a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD), Bring Your Own Broadband (BYOBB) model. It’s popular amongst organisations that have been running long term homeworking programmes but we accept that it’s not the only business model. One of the key reasons Sensée asks its colleagues to be responsible for the operation and quality of their own equipment and connections is because a BYOD model allows us to create employment opportunities across the UK which can’t be replicated and maintained in an equipment provided model. Regarding the use of a wired ethernet connection, this is a requirement of security, as WiFi can leave our employees vulnerable to others accessing their connection. It also means that where WiFi signal can drop or experience slow down, ethernet cables create a more reliable connection to work from. Likewise, from a health and safety perspective it ensures our agents are not working away from the office we have confirmed meets the requirements needed to ensure our employees’ wellbeing. Similarly, some of our clients in the past have required a landline to work from, however you are right in saying that the ownership of landlines is declining and so is our reliance on their use. Many of our clients now allow connection via the internet instead. Lastly, we ask agents not to work from their bedroom as we have a duty of care for all of our employees and we believe that sleeping and working within the same room can have a negative impact on your wellbeing. Our recruitment team will discuss your homeworking setup to ensure it meets our health and safety standards. Thank you for your feedback, your input in invaluable to our ongoing improvements.

5. 2.0

Don't be fooled

Oct 11, 2021 - Customer Service Advisor in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pick your own hours (if you are there at the exact minute they're released)

Cons

Advertise own hours but if you're even half hour picking after they're released you could be working any stupid hours with whatever is left. Once you've passed training there's next to no help. Lots of people complaining ok the public live chat forum that's supposed to give you help and support during your shift. No one would reply or by the time they did it was too late.

Sensée Response

I’m sorry to hear you had trouble booking shifts on our work hours booking system. In the past few years, we have designed and built an entirely new system for our employees to book their own shifts, which of course can come with some teething issues. However, we are working hard to continually improve the system and make it even easier for our employees to book the shifts they would like whilst still meeting our client’s requirements. I am also sorry that you found it hard to get help when needed. Ensuring that Sensée colleague receive effective support during their shift is very important to us. Not just when they’ve been asked a question that they are having difficulty answering but also when they need emotional support (e.g. if they are feeling anxious or stressed). I’m sorry to hear that you found it hard to get help. Frontline personnel looking for support within Sensée’s digital workplace typically receive a response in real time, although this can be a little slower during busy periods. We are always looking to improve our communications and management practices and welcome any feedback from colleagues when things don’t go according to plan, or when they have ideas that can improve the way we do things.

6. 4.0

Good company to work

Sep 20, 2021 - IT Service Desk Engineer (Levels I, II)
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, working from home

Cons

working from home means you loose track of days and time and it gets lonely

Sensée Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Disappointing

Oct 13, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training - I was positively surprised at the in-depth training Sensee offers. I was given 5 weeks of training with support throughout, the first day on my own I felt prepared and confident that I had all the knowledge needed to do my job successfully.

Cons

Holidays - The holidays were released to everyone on the account at the same time, if you were not quick enough you would often be left with winter months which no one wanted. Christmas holidays - Christmas at Sensee is appalling, just like the main holiday release its a first come first serve approach. One year 200 hours of holidays were released a lady on my account was granted 3 weeks holiday therefore one person took up 105/200 hours holiday! I was guaranteed Christmas Day off every year, however your weekly hours are not reduced which means you have to work longer hours during the main Christmas week. It has always been very quiet during the Christmas week for me at Sensee, I’ve often found myself sat at work with no calls, there is no need to have the maximum capacity of staff working, give your employees a break. TLs - My TL overall was nice along with the deputy TLs however the same can not be said for the other 2 TLs. Both were very rude , when calling the absence line to report sickness / computer issues I was often left to feel ashamed. I have seen the word bully plastered all over Sensee reviews and I couldn’t agree more. Live Desk - The live desk platform is excellent as you receive answers to questions instantly. Unfortunately I have been called into meetings numerous times with my TL for giving the wrong advice, even though I followed the advice given on livedesk from the direct client! Hours - For the most part my hours were ok but on many occasions I would start work at 7 and not finish until 9pm as my hours were scattered all over the place. I even found myself working 28 consecutively. Sensee released a new hours booking system with the aim that staff would secure hours that suited them, this was scrapped after 3 weeks. If you are more that 2 minutes late for work and did not contact the absence line you would automatically loose your bonus. Sometimes this could be anything up to 200 pounds, understandably being on time is important however some things are out of your hands, this really does show how harsh and greedy Sensee really is. Sensee encourage their staff to write positive reviews on glass door, the purpose of my review is to give a honest reflection of the company after working there for 5 years.

4 people found this review helpful

Sensée Response

Thanks for the feedback on your training experiences that we will forward on to our training team. I am sorry to hear that you had difficulty with our holiday booking system. We do our best to try and provide a flexible and fair system for our employees, but of course with any system where there is limited holiday available this will cause disappointment for some. We are working hard to continually review and improve our holiday and shift booking process, to balance both our employee’s schedule and time off as well as our clients’ requirements. Likewise, I am sorry to hear that you had mixed experiences with our Team Leaders. Managing home-based teams is not easy at times but we are committed to giving our managers and supervisors all the support and tools they need to do the job properly. In the last 12 months alone, we have doubled our investment in management training, AND introduced an extensive Employee Assistance Programme. We operate an open-door policy at all levels within the company and, should they feel that a grievance raised is not being addressed, colleagues are always able to contact their Service Delivery Managers or another appropriate manager within the business. Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are always looking to improve the processes and management procedures we have in place across the business - and you can be assured that we will look into all of the issues that you've raised.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Sep 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Can work anywhere in the uk

Cons

BYOD policy and Uk only

Office Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Your feedback is appreciated.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee

Aug 25, 2021 - Writer in Birmingham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Extremely supportive Great training Good long term prospects Secure role 100% remote

Cons

Hours Benefits No expenses covered for equipment Do not cover phone line or broadband costs

10. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not for me...glad i left

Sep 6, 2021 - At Home Advisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great training lovely colleagues Choose hours Work at home

Cons

Silly system for selecting hours ,ultimately you dont get your hours and you are made responsible for that. You end up working all the time , most clients dont get the scripts that you need to read word by word but if you change any of the wording ( even It you make the sale) you are not compliant. It was not for me , i did not like It but if you need Money, it is ok for a while but not as a permanent job (I would go CRAZY)

Office Administrator

Many thanks for taking the time to leave this review. Your feedback is appreciated.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 213 Reviews