Severn Trent Water Credit Management Advisor Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Severn Trent Water Chief Executive Liv Garfield
Liv Garfield

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Senior management are ignorant and sometimes don't even acknowledge team members who aren't on their "favourites" list (in 7 reviews)

• Lots of changes in the industry could unsettle things within the business (in 3 reviews)

1. "Call centre-Credit Management."

Former Employee - Credit Management Advisor in Coventry, England

I worked at Severn Trent Water full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Genuine care about health and wellbeing of staff, unlimited tea/coffee! Bonuses, share purchase scheme. 6 weeks paid training. Casual dress. Good salary for role, rising to 19k+ after probation! Save Tax/NI on water bills.
    Friendly competition.
    Lots of rewards and prizes for great customer feedback.
    On site dry cleaning
    Emergency leave for family emergencies.

Cons

UNPAID staff meetings after hours. Food is provided, but would rather be paid for the time!
    Unflexibility in shifts. Having to arrive 10 mins early to set up before starting shift.
    Micro-managed.
    No wifi in building.

Expensive canteen for lower paid workers.

Incompetent duty managers, thinning of management.
    WORST HR/Recruitment I have ever experienced.
    Who you know, not what you know.
    Lack of responsibility for customer complaints/problems.
    Too many departments, not enough staff.
    Reading off of a script.
    Focus on stats, getting payments from everyone, even if they cannot afford a single penny. Pushing benefit deductions, online billing and

Advice to Management

More responsibility for no pay is not 'development'. It only encourages people to leave! No 6 MONTH probation based on stats, being told in first week you may not have a job if stats arent up to scratch. Look at WHY high turnover of staff is so bad, not just endlessly recruiting.
    Flexibility for parents, those of us with caring commitments.

2. "3 years, no loyalty"

Former Employee - Credit Management Advisor in Coventry, England

I worked at Severn Trent Water full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They offer great pay for the job and have a good share-save scheme letting you buy shares at a discounted price. Pension is good as well. The new Senior Management are down-to-earth, creative, inspiring.

Cons

The middle and lower management stuck in old ways, treat you like a naughty child at school and seem to regularly undermine the new CEO's "think outside the box" attitude to customer service.

Individual bonuses scrapped and free annual shares all scrapped in last year or so.

The turnover of staff, even for a call centre, is high. This is partly down to the Team Leaders and their manager (in Credit Management in Coventry for my experience) clearly wanting rid of certain employees. This is backed up by being able to accurately predict attempted sackings of 3 certain employees 5-10 months before they were even taken down a Diciplinary route, all for suspiously minor and irrelevant reasons.

The number of staff forced off on long-term absence with stress/depression is alarmingly high, and despite a very uninspiring campaing recently introduced in the company to reduce this, from experience in such a toxic environment as IOC (the department), this job role is responsible for easily half of this time people take off.

Advice to Management

Investigate IOC's management structure. Liv and Andy, you have both been class since coming into Severn Trent and I respected you both during my time there. I sent Liv an email when I'd left to bring certain practices in this department to her attention, and it's up to her whether she wants to respond to them or not.

Don't take these managers on their face value, I've got many stories about certain managers which would impact their ability to work in their role. I'm not a grass, but managers getting "very close" with their employees, married managers getting lapdances and other managers sending me videos of this (I still have the screenshots) is probably just the start.

"Satisfied feeling to work for such a large company"

Current Employee - Credit Management Advisor in Coventry, England
    Current Employee - Credit Management Advisor in Coventry, England

I have been working at Severn Trent Water full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The office in Coventry is phenomenal. The office itself made you want to get up every morning and travel to work. I felt employees are valued and treated with respect during my tenure there.

Cons

If I am honest I am struggling to see any cons. Perhaps some professional accounting apprenticeships can be offered? Or more apprenticeship opportunities for college leavers

Advice to Management

It would appear as if you are heading in the correct direction