Severn Trent Water Customer Service Advisor Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Severn Trent Water Chief Executive Liv Garfield
Liv Garfield

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Lots of changes in the industry could unsettle things within the business (in 3 reviews)

• Upper management is getting better but my level manager is a bully who threatens you with your job if you do something wrong (in 3 reviews)

1. "Good"

Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Coventry, England
    Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Coventry, England

Pros

Nice building, pay generous compared to similar roles

Cons

Management choose friends for promotions

Advice to Management

Be fair

2. "Please do yourself a favour and DO NOT APPLY FOR A JOB HERE"

Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Shrewsbury, England
    Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Shrewsbury, England

I worked at Severn Trent Water full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The only pro is that you MIGHT get paid the right amount, but don't count on this and DEFINITELY don't expect to be paid any bonuses they promise you.

Cons

I worked here for five years, as a customer service advisor. It was the worst five years in my working life and I would never recommend the company in any way. Severn Trent Water has a track record of lying to its customers. A simple Google search will reveal numerous lawsuits pertaining to the falsification of customer data, as well as stories of extortion of the company's poorer customers. Severn Trent feebly attempts to promote its ethical standards, but they barely exist. The comment below about a farmer being paid 'hush money' is well-known within the customer service department. This has happened on more than one occasion. The managerial staff consists of a network of underpaid, older workers who despise their jobs as much as everyone else. They lie to their subordinates and promise bonuses for productivity in sales-related schemes. These bonuses rarely materialize. The hours are long and the pressure is high. Very high. Before I left, the absence reports were posted on the walls in the meeting rooms. 66% of all absences were related to mental health, with the majority being due to depression and anxiety-related issues. Do yourself a favour and scroll past that job vacancy. Do not take a job here for the slightly-better-than-average wage. It's not worth it.

Advice to Management

Please see above. Although I'm not sure this will even be noticed by the company.