Sewell Automotive Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 23 Jun 2019

Found 165 reviews

3.9
J. Carl Sewell Jr.
Pros
  • "Work with great people that are willing to help and go the extra mile(in 24 reviews)

• "Sewell is a great company with a good reputation(in 15 reviews)

1. "Sales associate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sewell Automotive full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company car Very competitive pay Your work depends on your success Will always have clients buying cars Company events Private family company

Cons

Long hours Work weekends Very difficult work life balance

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the associates who put in the work and actually want to move up in the company. Don’t let the good ones go away to other companies. A lot of high potential associates are here. Give them the shot

Sewell Automotive2019-06-12

"The job isn't for everyone, but the company is incredible"

Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Sewell Automotive full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Their hiring process is extremely competitive, so you end up being surrounded by a ton of super high achieving, really well rounded, fun people -High paying: if you hustle and work as hard as you can, the earning potential, especially for a recent graduate is unbelievable, and high achievers are rewarded with a lot of opportunities -World class training and a ton of resources to set you up for success -A lot of extra...

Cons

The job won't be for everyone. The hours are long and you'll work every saturday that you don't take off. The earning potential is amazing, but you have to be very self motivated to put in the hours and get the number of sales leads you need. Just be very honest with yourself about your level of discipline and ambition as you go through the process

Sewell Automotive2019-06-06
  3. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Sewell Automotive full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great training, positive work environment and great recognition for hard work. The director is amazing.

Cons

The pay is very poor for what the Customer Care Representatives go through.. We answer 100+ phone calls a day, most of the time it is a customer cussing us out or asking us questions we can not answer. The job is extremely stressful and there is a work force involved that is extremely cruel and rude to the associates under her.

Advice to Management

Please pay attention to how the "work force" gossips and makes fun of the associates under her.. Please pay attention to those who have been there for a while and whom silently work hard each and every day.

Sewell Automotive2019-06-23
  4. "This job can wear you down"

Former Employee - Assistant Service Manager in Spring, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Sewell Automotive full-time for more than a year

Pros

Sewell hires amazing well-rounded people. There is a lot of training and managers and technicians do invest time to help you learn. Position has taught me unparalleled time-management, negotiation, patience and customer service. You can make very good money.

Cons

Expect to work most Saturdays, and long days (sometimes 7am to 7pm). 5 days PTO for first year. Management pressures you to come in on your day off. Bonuses are partially based off customer reviews, which means a customer who may not be angry with you, but upset about their vehicle can burn you badly. Company prides themselves as a family company, however, their views on work-life-balance could use some work....

Advice to Management

My managers and I were very close and I stayed as long as I did because I felt supported. However, please be mindful that we do need time away from work to recharge. The company does have a high turnover rate mainly from employees getting burnt out.

Sewell Automotive2019-03-25
  5. "Sewell automotive Customer Service Experience"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sewell Automotive full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very polite staff, focus primarily on promoting within, 15 days of PTO after a year

Cons

Very picky on clothing such as shoes, socks and the way your shirt may or may not look

Sewell Automotive2019-03-22

"The best in the industry"

Former Employee - Assistant Service Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Sewell Automotive full-time for less than a year

Pros

- You get to dive right in and learn - Mentorship training - A culture that deeply cares about its people - Amazing customers - Salary out for entry level - They hire based on people and not experience - The benefits and training programs

Cons

- The physical demands of standing for 10 hours a day in service - Long Hours - Work/life balance is very hard to find - Car industry - Doing the same thing every day

Advice to Management

Please continue to have an emphasis on taking care of your people first. It was my favorite thing about the company. I left due to receiving another opportunity.

Sewell Automotive2019-04-02
  7. "Great People"

I worked at Sewell Automotive full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work with great people that are willing to help and go the extra mile

Cons

Long hours, hard to wrap up work before taking time off

Sewell Automotive2019-02-21
  8. "Great employer"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at Sewell Automotive full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Care about their employees and contribute considerably to their development.

Cons

Retail hours can be hard and you will inevitably deal with rude or unreasonable customers.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the development of all employees and create opportunities for people from different dealerships to know one another and have a sense of unity.

Sewell Automotive2019-01-23
  9. "Worst company ever!"

Former Employee - Service Technician

I worked at Sewell Automotive full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not many,Maybe a free coffee

Cons

80% of your work os perfformed for free : bring and find vehicle to the shop-no pay.Multipont inspection-no pay,everyday team meeting -no pay,test drive-no pay,recheck of complain-no pay

Advice to Management

How can you sleep good at night knowing you make people do the free work for you?

Sewell Automotive2019-02-21
  10. "Too good to be true"

I worked at Sewell Automotive full-time for more than a year

Pros

awesome people, lots of free food, company events

Cons

The longer you work at this company, the more you realize how flawed management is.

Sewell Automotive2019-01-28