Sharp HealthCare Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated 11 Nov 2019

Sharp HealthCare CEO Chris Howard
Chris Howard
Pros
Cons
  • "The RN pay is the lowest compared to all major hospitals in San Diego(in 20 reviews)

• "Upper management can be misleading(in 17 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews

"Salary"

5.0
    Current Employee - Department Secretary in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Sharp HealthCare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Upper management can be misleading.

Continue reading
  2. "Good but not the best"

Former Employee - Surgery Liaison in La Mesa, CA

I worked at Sharp HealthCare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Tuition reimbursement, helpful team and volunteers, rewarding work.

Cons

Sad 30 minute lunch, bureaucracy, upper management does not make contact with lower rank employees, hard to move up unless you are in the medical field.

August 27, 2019Human Resources

We are sorry to hear about your experience. We are constantly looking to improve on overall transparency as well as improve our effectiveness as an organization.

"contact Center Supervisor"

Former Employee - Supervisor in San Diego, CA

I worked at Sharp HealthCare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Provide a lot of leadership training

Cons

Departments work in silos and are out of touch at times with each others direction of plan or changes. upper management can be out of touch with staff. I had a manager that practice unethically to get desired outcome. He/She would under pay new hires based on experience to save on department budget. was really hard to get support from upper management with outlier staff.

December 3, 2018Talent Acquisition Consultant

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we always appreciate hearing from our former employees. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our leadership training. We will voice these issues to Human Resources, and we thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention.

4. "Device Deployment Specialist"

Former Employee - Device Deployment Specialist in San Diego, CA

I worked at Sharp HealthCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great co-workers. Job was very easy. If you're the type of person that wants to do one thing really good, this is the place. The culture of Sharp is very friendly.

Cons

No room to move up in the company. Upper management favored those they knew outside of work. No cross training and therefore limited amount of professional growth.

December 20, 2017Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate the constructive criticism and will share with our leadership team.

5. "oh, sharp"

2.0

I have been working at Sharp HealthCare part-time for less than a year

Pros

They love to hire new grads, and the care patients receive is pretty great. I almost always ask how my patients are being cared for during their stay and they rarely express a disliking of their care.

Cons

The pay is very low compared to other hospitals in the area. They spend millions of dollars on renting the convention center for an all staff assembly to give the impression that they care about us but it doesn't fool me. Only upper management get holiday and annual bonuses. What about the little guys?

"Registered Nurse"

I have been working at Sharp HealthCare full-time

Pros

The Culture of Healthcare provided, the team that you work with

Cons

Upper Management treatment of RN staff in the recent contract negotiations in 2016. Lack of experience nurses in specialty departments, poor retention of nurses (this statement will be contested by the employer).

March 6, 2017Talent Acquisition Team

We are definitely proud of our culture and our employees! Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your perspective on how we can improve. Attracting and retaining experienced nurses is definitely important to us so we encourage you to share with your manager any suggestions for retention or if you have a friend you would like to refer to Sharp. We appreciate the feedback!

"Poor management and hostile work environment"

1.0
    Current Employee - Compliance Auditor in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Sharp HealthCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great coworkers, health benefits, and salary

Cons

Very hostile manager who bullies the staff. Overall negative work environment due to poor management. Upper management unfortunately turns a blind eye to the high turn over and complaints in this department.

March 30, 2017Talent Acquisition Team

We appreciate your feedback and will present your concerns to leadership. We recommend connecting with your HR office to bring this matter to their attention and to discuss your concerns.

8. "Great people."

Current Employee - Mental Health Therapist in San Diego, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Sharp HealthCare part-time for more than a year

Pros

Sharp Mesa Vista as a per diem therapist is a great place to work. Flexibility, structure, great learning opportunities, clean environment

Cons

Would not increase pay with my change in licensure. There is some disconnect between upper management and feeling like I can speak freely.

December 27, 2016Talent Acquisition Team

We're glad that you enjoy working at Sharp Mesa Vista! We appreciate your service! We will share your concerns with leadership but please feel free to address your concerns with human resources as well.

"employment review"

Current Employee - Ophthalmic Technician in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Sharp HealthCare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some very good co-workers. Wonderful patients.

Cons

Politics, discrimination, Poor HR department, Upper management lack of knowledge

December 27, 2016Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience working for Sharp! We're happy that the patients and people you work with are a highlight of your experience. We appreciate your feedback and will share your concerns with leadership.

"Sharp HealthCare is San Diego"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Sharp HealthCare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Comprehensive medical and dental coverage. EOE that supports work life balance Committed to delivering outstanding patient care Dedicated to patient safety Active in the San Diego community

Cons

Top heavy in upper management. There are a lot of CEOs, Senior VPs and VPs. Despite the adoption of LEAN and Six Sigma, innovation is slow to happen. Employee satisfaction is on the decline.

March 8, 2017Talent Aquisition Team

Thank you for your committed service to Sharp— 10 years is something to be proud of! :) Glad you are happy with our benefits...we think they're stellar too! Work life balance is huge and Sharp can provide that. We will take your suggestions to leadership. Thank you for your time in writing a review.

Found 17 reviews