Siemens Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

UK - All Cities

4.2

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "work/Life balance is poor this is the concern area" (in 99 reviews)

• "there is no cons in this company" (in 100 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great company that cares for its staff"

Current Employee - Senior Applications Engineer in Poole, England
    Current Employee - Senior Applications Engineer in Poole, England

I have been working at Siemens full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The role is challenging yet rewarding and I work alongside a great team.
    Our working hours are flexible so I can work around family commitments and know that the company recognises the days you put long hours in. They are similarly very accepting of home working as long as it suits the work you need to do.
    The benefits are good and also flexible - you choose what you want to have.
    The company itself is proud to push all staff to act as if they own the company. Treat everyone fairly, recognise how we can improve the company and especially how to can reduce our carbon footprint; the company is keen to do what we can to help improve the planet whether in carbon reduction or aligning with charities around the world to help bring power, water, a future etc to all.

Cons

The learning curve is sharp; you are expected to jump in to a new role with both feet and get up to speed as soon as possible. As long as you have passion for a role then this shouldn't be an issue.

Advice to Management

Continue to respect staff and all levels and you'll continue to be rewarded. My colleagues and I are very dedicated to this company and it makes it a pleasure to work here.

28 Jun 2018 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Hello! What a fantastic review - it's so nice to hear your passion shine through for your role and that you are being such a good ambassador for Siemens.

2. "Great for work life balance and self development"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

I have been working at Siemens part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've personally found there is a lot of autonomy around getting the day job done - no clock watching and trust amongst the team to work flexibly as required to suit home arrangements.

Lots of opportunity to work on interesting projects at the same time as pursuing personal development goals.

My colleagues are literally THE BEST!

Cons

Technology sometimes holds us back - we need to be more responsive to changes in this area.
    Not all departments embrace flexibility as well as my own.
    Whilst there are corporate level commitments to improving the gender pay gap the tangible outputs aren't always seen.

Advice to Management

Push for technology improvements to retain the increasingly tech driven workforce!

3. "Balanced view..."

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at Siemens full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Massive organisation, lots of potential & leverage to invest in new solutions and technology. Some great leaders & managers.

Cons

A political organisation and every business has its own culture, you need to choose your manager very carefully.

Advice to Management

Delegate & empower your employees.

4. "Love it here!"

Current Employee - Head of Sales for Digital Grid UKI in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Head of Sales for Digital Grid UKI in Manchester, England

I have been working at Siemens full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have an enormous amount of pride in working for Siemens.

Firstly, there is the incredible heritage and strength in the global brand of Siemens, that gives you a great platform to engage with customers, succeed in what you wish to achieve, and a unique opportunity to build a great network of colleagues across the globe who together are all focussed on providing the highest quality of ingenuity and solution to our markets

Secondly, there are the values and standards as a business to ensure primarily heath, wellbeing and safety of yourself and colleagues is the number one priority. This is coupled with a strive for greater awareness of diversity and environmental impact that we make as Siemens

And finally, the opportunity and encouragement to be entrepreneurial and lead your business area as well as the people within it to continually improve and be better

Cons

There is nothing negative - apart from the coffee

5 Mar 2019 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Hello, thank you for your fantastic review! We are really happy that you are #proudtobesiemens. We value your feedback and positive comments and I hope that the coffee improves in Manchester!

5. "Excellent Company that really cares"

Current Employee - Recruitment Partner in Didsbury, England
    Current Employee - Recruitment Partner in Didsbury, England

I have been working at Siemens full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A great company to work for, offering a brilliant workplace, unlimited opportunities and the chance to work with some excellent people. Employees and their development is something that's taken seriously here, this business really care about it's people.

Cons

Things can be a little political and bureaucratic at times.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

28 Feb 2019 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Hello, thank you for leaving a 5 star review! We're very pleased that you have outlined the amount of opportunities available and the environment at Siemens. We really value and appreciate your... More

6. "Passion, learning and an awesome place to be."

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Frimley, England
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Frimley, England

I have been working at Siemens full-time

Pros

Siemens UK has an awesome working environment, which includes extremely passionate subject matter experts and fantastic working flexibility. There is a huge emphasis on continued learning and development, which creates a great place to work.

With a truly collaborative mindset, this allows for some very interest conversations, globally.

Cons

Difficulties with IT, which can cause some frustrations to enable a quick start.

15 Feb 2019 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Hi, thank you for the 5 star review and for describing Siemens UK as an awesome place to be! We really value and appreciate your comments!

7. "Good company to work for"

Current Employee - Technical Support in Gatwick, England
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Gatwick, England

I have been working at Siemens full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The job isn't too hard to do. Laid back atmosphere and friendly colleagues. Its a small team so not too busy.

Cons

Not easy to work your way up. As it's a small company you have to wait for someone to leave

28 Feb 2019 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Hello - thanks for taking the time to leave a 4 star review. and for your positive comments.

8. "Caring environment with lots of opportunities to develop"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Marketing Specialist in Frimley, England
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Marketing Specialist in Frimley, England

I have been working at Siemens part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Agile working means I can juggle childcare responsibilities. I tend to start and finish at different times each day and have the freedom to work in the office or at home. There is a real trust culture and I feel lucky to be part of a supportive and caring environment. Within my team there are always lot of opportunities to either join a project team or take ownership and drive forward a new initiative.
    The Frimley office has fantastic facilities including a Nuffield Health gym, Starbucks, restaurant, dry cleaning, cash machines, etc.

Cons

It can take a while for new joiners to have everything they need to get stuck in as there are a lot of steps go through.

8 Feb 2019 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Hi there, thank you for leaving a 5 star review! We are delighted that you have highlighted agile working culture and the opportunities to drive forward projects and initiatives.

9. "Great chance to gain experience as an intern"

Current Employee - Sales Intern in Lincoln, England
    Current Employee - Sales Intern in Lincoln, England

I have been working at Siemens full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great job with good company culture and lots of experiences to engage with other departments

Cons

Limited mentor-ship, good induction but more departmental knowledge would have been useful

Advice to Management

Clear job role dictated at start and what what is to be expected of me. Given a different role than applied for so this would be useful to new starters such as myself.

29 Jan 2019 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Hi there, thank you for the 5 star review! It's great to see that you have enjoyed your internship and have had opportunities to interact with other departments. I hope that you were able to raise... More

10. "An excellent employer"

Former Employee - Fact-Finding Engineer in London, England
    Former Employee - Fact-Finding Engineer in London, England

I worked at Siemens full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

An excellent employer that looks after its work force and is the leader in the generating and energy fields.

Cons

A very large company that in the UK is controlled by the Newcastle Offices. They tend to look after their own prefering to employ locally.

Advice to Management

Do not rush to stramline the business with blanket redundances where numbers are more important than keeping experience and know how.

17 Jan 2019 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Hi, thank you for the five star review and for describing Siemens as an excellent employer. We really value your feedback and appreciate your comments!