Siemens Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Siemens CEO Juergen Maier
Juergen Maier

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Three months in and it's feeling like a great place to be"

Current Employee - Employee Engagement Manager in Nottingham, England
    Current Employee - Employee Engagement Manager in Nottingham, England

I have been working at Siemens full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a lot of variety in my role. Things work! People are friendly and helpful, there is a flexible working approach and a huge commitment to training, CSR and people's wellbeing.

Cons

The complexity of Siemens takes a while to get your head around but that's not surprising as there so much that Siemens is involved with.

Advice to Management

I look forward to seeing yet more diversity at all senior levels of the organisation.

29 Nov 2017 – Senior TA Specialist

Hi, we are really pleased that have had a great start at Siemens. Thank you for leaving a review!

2. "Great Place - Would always go back"

Former Employee - Treasury in London, England
    Former Employee - Treasury in London, England

I worked at Siemens full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Smart and friendly people, great working hours, flexibility and benefits, opportunities to grow and advance in your career

Cons

Locations are usually not in the city center

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

4 Jan 2018 – Employer Branding Specialist

Hi - thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we're glad you had a positive experience with us!

3. "Project Engineer"

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Rochester, South East England, England
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Rochester, South East England, England

I have been working at Siemens full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Technical challenges
    - Exciting projects - forefront of engineering
    - Busy (never a dull moment)
    - Opportunity to take real ownership of projects
    - Travel opportunities

Cons

- Pay, in my experience I was capped at the level I entered in with no clear route to obtain an increase in pay, despite increased experience & increased responsibility (without physically changing jobs / gaining promotion)
    - Short notice travelling required
    - Poor support from different Siemens business units (on both on technical & non technical front)
    - Long hours seemed to be the norm

Advice to Management

More awareness needs to be made on what the different business functions do, and better support between different Siemens businesses.

Too much reliance on key personnel leaving various single points of failure across various businesses - this adds pressure on the personnel if they are that point, and in my experience it seemed that Siemens did not compensate these people for the time / effort put in.

5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Service Coordinator in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Service Coordinator in Manchester, England

I have been working at Siemens full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent company benefits with being able to work from home, being able to do voluntary days having flexible hours insure canteen

Cons

The only thing that’s u my con is that I travel a distance to work that can take anywhere from 40 mins to 2 hours in a 25 mule journey

Advice to Management

Keep in listening to your employees and there needs

4 Jan 2018 – Employer Branding Specialist

Hi - thanks for taking the time to leave a review!

6. "Positive Review"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Lincoln, England
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Lincoln, England

I have been working at Siemens full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good opportunities for personal career development. The company responds positively to a positive work ethic and offers opportunities to develop experience in a range of interesting and challenging areas within your chosen department. The breadth of experience within the department along with the willingness for senior staff to share knowledge and experience makes work life enjoyable and development very achievable.

Cons

With an international downturn in the market affecting all companies in a competitive business area, less contracts are available than perhaps were available in previous years. This cannot be considered a true negative, as alternative interesting opportunities and customers appear as the company explores innovative solutions within the market.

Advice to Management

Continue offering opportunities for personal career development, as it inspires company loyalty and a positive working environment.

4 Jan 2018 – Employer Branding Specialist

Hi - we're really glad to hear you're having such an enjoyable and positive experience with us. Thanks for leaving a review!

7. "Not a bad place to work"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Royal Leamington Spa, England
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Royal Leamington Spa, England

I have been working at Siemens full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very Good benefits including pension etc. flexible hours, good career progression opportunities. Friendly environment. Some very knowledgeable employees and generally reliable products to work with.

Cons

Ever increasing workload, hard work not always recognised and lots of challenges and issues dealing across other Siemens businesses. Often feel like a very small cog in a big wheel

8. "Graduate Engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frimley, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frimley, England

I have been working at Siemens full-time

Pros

Structured graduate program in Building Technologies with fun rotations, great support and wonderful management. Friendly staff, big opportunities and open mindedness across the board mostly. The director is friendly, approachable and open to ideas even when you are only a graduate. I am absolutely loving this position so far and would highly recommend it to anyone thinking of joining the company.

Cons

None so far, the experience has been very positive.

11 Dec 2017 – Employer Branding Specialist

Hi - really glad to hear you're loving your time at Siemens! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

9. "Best company I have worked for"

Current Employee - Accountant in Chippenham, South West England, England
    Current Employee - Accountant in Chippenham, South West England, England

I have been working at Siemens part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very flexible working hours, great benefits, friendly people, very good health and well being programme. Siemens is a very responsible company with great involvement with local community and charities.

Cons

Shared services can be a nightmare - trying to get a simple authorisation can take weeks to approve

11 Dec 2017 – Employer Branding Specialist

Hi - we're really glad you're having such a positive experience with us, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review!

10. "Endless Opportunities"

Current Employee - Trainee in Chippenham, South West England, England
    Current Employee - Trainee in Chippenham, South West England, England

I have been working at Siemens full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Siemens are continually finding ways for us to develop and being early on in my career I feel I have endless opportunities available to me. I believe Siemens is a happy place of work and I am proud to be a Siemens employee.

Cons

Offices could be brightened up.

11 Dec 2017 – Employer Branding Specialist

Hi - thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review, we're really glad you're feeling supported in your career and that you're proud to work for Siemens - we are too!

11. "Head of Customer Services - Rail Infrastructure"

Current Employee - Head of Customer Service in Chippenham, South West England, England

I have been working at Siemens full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

To work in a company like Siemens gives you lots of opportunities to work in an international environment and like in my case to work and improve the life of the society in 3 different countries in the last 10 years.

Cons

As in all big companies certain things can become too bureaucratic which limits flexibility and agility.

Advice to Management

I think the management is already aware of the need of a more agile organization which works as a holding of companies with certain degree of autonomy to react to this new fast changing digital world . This is the reason for the recent changes in the organization like Siemens Healthineers, Siemens Gamesa, Siemens Alstom,...

Showing 4,702 of 5,390 reviews