Signpost "happy hours" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Signpost Employee Reviews about "happy hours"

Updated 28 Mar 2019

4.2
Signpost  Founder and CEO Stuart Wall
Stuart Wall
Pros
  • "Everyone at Signpost is committed to your success and will continue to be an ally to you as you grow into the best salesman you can be(in 97 reviews)

• "Super fun place to work--company happy hours and activities(in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no downsides with Signpost(in 46 reviews)

• "Pay could be better - Wish the base salary was higher, but the commissions were always pretty strong(in 19 reviews)

Reviews about "happy hours"

Return to all Reviews

"Fun place to work but all cold calling and not a lot of compensation"

Former Employee - Sales in Denver, CO

I worked at Signpost full-time for more than a year

Pros

kegs - i guess, like so many "tech startups" it's just a way to try and get employees to enjoy working there instead of realizing they're all recent college grads making just above minimum wage fun organizations - rec league sports teams, quarterly excursions, happy hours snacks provided

Cons

not the best pay really high turnover cold calling

Advice to Management

pay people better. there's only so much you can do with an organization that's all cold calling which may be fun for some but is terrible for monst

Signpost 2019-03-28
  2. "Great place to be"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Signpost full-time for less than a year

Pros

Positive work environment, excellent training with managers who genuinely want you to succeed, fun contests, happy hours, and lots of room to grow if you work hard. Training is held daily. You can always meet with your manager if you feel you're struggling or want to strategize.

Cons

Sales is tough, but if you implement what your managers teach you, you'll be fine.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Signpost 2019-01-22
  3. "Going to miss working here so much!"

Former Intern - Digital Advertising Intern in Austin, TX

I worked at Signpost for more than a year

Pros

> GREAT work culture! Everyone is so supportive, positive, and hard-working. It's contagious! This is an office that you will look forward going into every day. > Frequent happy hours & events to bond with co-workers. Your coworkers become your family. > Open communication from management to employees. > Great training and ability to learn from the best! > PASSION! The employees love working here, are excited to be in the office, and love and truly believe in what they are doing. > Opportunities for professional growth

Cons

It is a start up so there's lots of change, be able to adapt!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I loved working at the Austin office and I'm going to miss it!

Signpost 2018-11-06

"Senior Sales Executive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Signpost full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing sales training. Constantly learning new things---great managers who really care about your success. Great rewards for top performers and also plenty of opportunity to grow with a great career path. Super fun place to work--company happy hours and activities. The sales team feels like family.

Cons

Very high pressure short cycle sales.. you really have to hustle and focus to succeed and at times it can be stressful.

Advice to Management

Thanks for making signpost a fantastic place to work! It's nice to be a part of the team.

Signpost 2017-11-15

"Typical Entry Level Startup Job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Signpost full-time for more than a year

Pros

A good place to figure out if sales is right for you. Good coworkers that are always willing to provide advice and guidance. Good happy hours included in "work hard play hard" mentality. Pretty decent product as well.

Cons

Sub par training. As mentioned above the product is decent, however the vast majority of the people you're trying to sell to do not need it. Some of the employees have a terrible attitude about their potential customers. Some particularly bad managers as well who bounce from marketing startup to marketing startup, bringing all of their bad habits into their new environment. They tell you from the jump that they don't expect you to be there long.

Advice to Management

To one particular manager: treat your employees with respect. To allother managers: adapt to the learning styles of your new employees to try to set them up for more success. Try to encourage retention.

Signpost 2017-07-18

"Low Salary but Good People"

I worked at Signpost full-time

Pros

It was an okay job for straight out of college. The atmosphere is good and working in the environment with the happy hours, keg, pool table etc is fun.

Cons

The job itself can suck. Inside sales is already a tough job but then when its inside sales with limited training or experience, selling a product no one has heard of before, in a fast paced tech start up it can be difficult. The company always tries to do happy hours and all the pros to keep employees happy because of how rough the job can be. My advice is if you work here use it to get your 6 months to a year of sales experience, make some friends, and apply elsewhere.

Signpost 2017-05-03

"Trash"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Signpost full-time for less than a year

Pros

Happy hours, snacks, easy commute, quick interview to hire to start date, standard business hours, easy dress code... can't think of anything else.

Cons

Over-saturated market for the software: not unique, poor training, high turnover with new faces every 1-2 months, shared workspace, horrible low base salary and commission structure, no health or transit benefits for the first 3 months on your struggle-salary. Crap application to trickle down theory. I can't wait to leave.

Advice to Management

Increase base pay, revamp product offering to have a more unique market share, improve training to reduce high turnover.

Signpost 2017-01-26
  8. "Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Signpost full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work hard, play hard. Signpost does a great job of hosting social outings to take your mind off the grind and jabber with the fun personalities. Since I joined 6 months ago, we have done brewery tours, Rockies games, happy hours, and the themed office parties are a blast. Snacks are always stocked, and you can always fill up a cup of coffee. The Signpost team works hard and is always looking for ways to improve. Speaking of improvement, Signpost has the best training I have ever received. From the month-long training intensive to one-on-one manager meetings, there is a constant opportunity for personal and professional development. If you can drive results you will be rewarded with recognition and promotions.

Cons

This is a start-up, changes happen constantly. You have to be on your toes and adapt your processes. The turnover is high on the sales team. As a sales associate, the nature of the job is calling business owners. If you don't handle rejection well, this job will wear you down. This isn't a con, but as a sales associate you have to be hitting your numbers to make a good living. The salary alone is not enough to live on.

Signpost 2016-11-04

"CX Team Lead"

in Austin, TX

I have been working at Signpost

Pros

First of all - the product is amazing. It's so refreshing to work somewhere where everyone buys into what they're doing because it actually IS amazing what we're doing for SMB and beyond. The energy in the office is contagious and everyone encourages each other to do well and challenge each other. Of course it has the standard "start up" perks (snacks, keg, happy hours, etc) but you can get that most places these days so having those things in ADDITION to everyone being here to work and be passionate about what they're doing is amazing. The opportunities to move up the ladder are incredibly attainable and as the company grows. Definitely a place where you can grow a career if you put the work in.

Cons

I'd say most people would say the changes that happen but welcome to start up life. Things will always continue to change and evolve for the better - as long as you can focus on the big picture and know that changes are what help us grow then you'll be just fine.

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent the way you've been during All Company Meetings - it's so great to hear about what's going on in other departments and addressing employee concerns head on.

Signpost 2016-09-20

"Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Signpost full-time for less than a year

Pros

Training is awesome! I have learned a lot. The managers are very hands-on. Signpost has the "startup" culture, but it's not a bunch of people messing around like I saw at other companies when I was interviewing. The people that work at Signpost are smart and fun to work with. The happy hours and events are also a good time.

Cons

I learned quickly that I have to work hard if I want to do well, but you can make great commissions if you put in the work. I would not recommend sales at Signpost if you don't want to do what sales entails, which is cold calling, persuading, and closing. Also, there are always a few people that complain too much. I've tried to steer clear of people like that.

Advice to Management

I appreciate how much I have learned in my time at Signpost. I have worked at other companies where the managers didn't train or coach like they do here. I'd like to see the team keep growing so that more opportunities to grow are there this year.

Signpost 2016-03-09