Skipton Building Society Employee Reviews about "leeds"

Updated Jan 2, 2021

Found 5 of over 133 reviews

3.9
Skipton Building Society Group Chief Executive David Cutter
David Cutter
Pros
  • "Great culture, one team and living the Skipton values(in 17 reviews)

• "Fair pay good level of work life balance(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Rewards package less competitive than Leeds/Manchester(in 5 reviews)

• "Senior management are very good but not enough rotation of department heads etc(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Finance

88 Comments

Finance

30K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Skipton Building Society~35651
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "leeds"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A fantastic place to work

Oct 14, 2019 - Senior Technical Project Manager in Horsforth, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic culture and values for staff and amazing work/life balance makes working here really fun and enjoyable. The people here are what makes the place.

Cons

Doesn't pay quite as well as Leeds city centre, but the advantages definitely make up for it,

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Culture

Jan 2, 2021 - Head of Data & Analytics in Skipton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The People The values of Ownership, One Team and Trust

Cons

Rewards package less competitive than Leeds/Manchester

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Stuck in the past

Nov 1, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work-life balance is generally good. Nice rural location - makes a change from big cities. Colleagues are nice overall. Canteen.

Cons

Micromanagement. Poor salaries and benefits. Offices need an upgrade. Lack of commerciality Lagging behind rivals like Yorkshire and Leeds Building Societies.

5 people found this review helpful

Skipton Building Society Response

Resourcing Manager

We’re sorry your experience working at Skipton wasn’t as positive as others have said. We’d like to reassure you that we do listen and will continue to listen to our colleagues feedback, and work hard to enable people to have confidence to share with us their honest views – good or bad. We’re really proud of our above industry average 88% Employee Engagement score but are committed to further investing in our colleagues. To address your note about upgrading our offices we have this year undertaken a significant building works project, creating a multifunctional Atrium that provides our 1,500 head office colleagues with lots of new meeting rooms and a light, modern space to facilitate informal meetings, coaching conversations and larger events. We’ve also transformed our busy café into an informal meeting area, together with upgrading all of our washroom facilities. Across our branch network we have a rolling programme of refurbishment, including our Leeds branch, which has been fully refurbished.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great place to work if they could work out the approach and pay.

Mar 13, 2017 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Skipton in the most part is a friendly place to work, very process driven and very risk averse. The building is well maintained and the on-site cafe is fairly good.

Cons

Pay is not close to market rates, they rely on people who dont want to travel to Leeds or Bradford to keep wages lower than market average. There is the "Skipton shrug" the attitude that they don't do it that way so lack vision and desire to change process from how it's always been done.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

A financial institution that cares about its workers and customers

Sep 28, 2015 - **** Manager in Skipton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The feeling of belonging and having an important role to play in the success of the Society. At Skipton you really feel valued, and are playing an important role in customer satisfaction. Great commute, continually improving benefits package, on site café and restaurant.

Cons

Salary not as high as central Leeds, but improving.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews