Sky Betting & Gaming Reviews

Updated 13 May 2021

4.6
Sky Betting & Gaming Chief Executive Officer Steve Birch
Steve Birch
Pros
  • "SBG look after their staff really well(in 25 reviews)

• "Great benefits and very sociable office with a great culture(in 22 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It can be very fast paced with lots of change but this is also one of the pros of SBG(in 11 reviews)

• "I haven't found any cons to working at SBG(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

Lovely place to work

6 Apr 2021 - Software Test Engineer in Leeds, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Employee wellbeing (mental and physical) is always 1st priority, really good pay, better benefits than I've ever seen in other places, office environment is just lovely, great work culture, fun atmosphere especially around big events, I get to work with/learn from incredibly clever people, management is brilliant, encouraged to get involved with charity/community events... Lots more I could mention but those are the main ones I appreciate. Really loving it here.

Cons

Can't really think of any. Only thing is it's a huge company so might not suit some people (e.g. if you like to know every person in the company personally).

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

One of the best places I’ve ever worked

13 May 2021 - Product Designer in Leeds, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The management are some of the most progressive I’ve ever worked under. They care about you, then your work and want you to develop as much as possible.

Cons

Lack of room to progress, and never felt like I could progress

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

So refreshing working for a company that put people first!

1 Mar 2021 - PEX Manager in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was over the moon to secure a job at SBG, even from the initial phone call and the interviews that took place, everyone was genuinely nice and caring. Starting a job remotely in these times can be tough but at SBG they were understanding, caring, open, honest and organised. I had a training plan all ready and waiting for my first 4 weeks imbedding into the role virtually, I even had a meeting with some of the team prior to my start date which was lovely! I was able to order all new office equipment to ensure I was able to work remotely to a comfortable standard. There really is no hierarchy and everyone is really approachable and friendly. I have hit it off with everyone I have spoken with and I am LOVING my role each and every day. I feel like I have hit the ground running and people are listening to my ideas across all levels, along with getting the recognition I deserve for my heard work which is so nice. It's like a breath of fresh air working for a company that put the people at the heart and forefront of the business. The benefits are amazing compared to other businesses I have worked for in the past - including free Sky TV and broadband, a great pension, perks and a self development fund each year to spend up to £1k per person! Overall it's a great culture at SBG and I am looking forward to getting into the new office and meeting people face to face.

Cons

At the moment I can't actually think of any - other than working remotely.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work with a cracking culture.

1 Apr 2021 - Project Manager in Leeds, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with SBG for about 8 weeks now and the thought of starting a new job during a global pandemic and national lockdown made me quite anxious. The people i am working with at SBG were really welcoming and really bent over backwards to make me feel at ease. The culture and ways of working are second to none and the leadership team are really supportive and have created an environment where opinion is encouraged and respected. Wellbeing is a real hot topic at the moment and previous organisations i have worked for have paid lip service to this topic. SBG take it very seriously and really promote the topic especially during these testing times.

Cons

Not a con as such but just an observation that some of the squads are newly formed and are finding there feet at the moment so some tasks take longer than perhaps they should.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

I absolutely love working here!

18 Apr 2021 - Social Media Executive in Leeds, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is fantastic, when in office the vibe and buzz around it is just fab! I have worked here for 7 years now and do not intend on ever leaving. The development opportunities such as the Management Apprenticeship I am currently on, and also benefits such as free Sky TV, Private health care and many more are just added extras that make you feel valued in this business.

Cons

There are not many cons of working here that I can think of. I have nothing but positive attitude towards SBG

Head of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking time out to write a review on SBG

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good place to work

8 May 2021 - Marketing Executive in Leeds, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun & fast paced environment- will really enjoy the work if you have an interest in sport too.

Cons

Not much chance to progress

Head of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for spending some time to write a review

7. 5.0

Amazing place to work

8 Apr 2021 - Technical Operations Analyst in Leeds, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture here is amazing. Management actively push you to progress and make a career of out SBG. You are giving tools to help towards this also. The training is brilliant and sets you up to succeed. The people here are great and the atmosphere is second to none. The company values it's employees greatly and this is reflected in the staff perks and bonus schemes.

Cons

I can not think of any currently.

Head of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the review, glad your enjoying your role

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

A good company with a nice office, good benefits and a typical hipster coders vibe as a fascade for intense work.

8 May 2021 - Full Stack Developer in Leeds, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people, talent and free sky package

Cons

Sky Broadband sucks compared to Hyperoptic. Should have worked there.

9. 5.0

Fantastic Place to Work!

19 Apr 2021 - Skills Manager in Leeds, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

SBG is an incredible place to work, it allows people to develop across the business and find a path that's right for them. They really care about their people and have developed a fabulous culture as a result.

Cons

I can't think of any!

Communications Executive

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! :)

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for!

31 Mar 2021 - Tech Academy in Leeds, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great inclusive and welcoming culture in the company. There's a clear progression path visible from the outset and the support and advise from colleagues really helps to push you in the best direction for you. The work/life balance is great and the company have been very flexible around people's needs during COVID which really keeps people a lot happier, it is very much appreciated! I feel very lucky to have got this job!

Cons

There are no negatives so far

Viewing 1 - 10 of 337 Reviews