Found 3,102 of over 5K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good benefits including free Sky tv package and internet Chance to progress your career Study support Hybrid working" (in 547 reviews)
- "The people I work with are great and feel like I started a job now I'm making it a career." (in 323 reviews)
- "Free Sky and the benefits are okay, you can earn decent commission if you are prepared to sell your soul to the devil." (in 221 reviews)
- "flexibility and good work/life balance" (in 136 reviews)
- "Good pay but expected to do the impossible...expected to handle every call no longer than 15 minutes" (in 136 reviews)
- 5.024 Oct 2023Software Reliability EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsLondon, England
Amazing place to work, great campus, great work-life balance
campus is quite far from central London, no full-remote opportunities
- 3.018 Nov 2023Accessibility AdvisorFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsDunfermline, Scotland
Good salary for a customer service position bonus A lot of people stay on the job because of their team. Free Sky TV and discounts
Changing goalposts for bonus tough environment where you are given the tools to do the job you are asked to do but can be a thankless job. The fixes they put in place don't always resolve the issue. They always seem to create process to feedback that really don't do much of anything. Difficult to develop beyond customer service role meaning little career progression.
- 4.028 Nov 2023Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearIsleworth, England
Focused on fostering a positive work culture. Lots of meetings involved in how we can work better and boost morale.
Starting to enforce a minimum two days in office rule. Parent company is Comcast and a lot of merging of teams and changes have disrupted many teams and has caused uncertainty. Champions I&D but in senior levels you see less of this and the stereotypical types of people go for these positions more often than others.1
- 2.05 Dec 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsLondon, England
Friendly colleagues and good benefits
From January 2024 attendance is being monitored by line managers to see which office we're in and when. If we don't work from the office for three days a week it will become a disciplinary issue.
- 1.017 Nov 2023Customer Sales AdvisorCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearLivingston, Scotland
Home working available Free sky tv & broadband Commission on sales
Recruited during covid lockdown when people were losing jobs. Position was call centre, trying to convince people not to downgrade or cancel subscriptions. And also upsell other products. Management give unrealistic sales targets & have low morals. The whole company is very micromanaged. Calls from the public trying to reduce their subscriptions to get bills down due to losing jobs and management would criticise if you didn’t try to cross sell other sky products or convince them not to downgrade. Working environment is awful and so much pressure to avoid customers downgrading. Toilet breaks were timed as well as any other breaks.1
- 4.02 Nov 2023Business AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsLivingston, Scotland
The people can be really positive, most come from the contact centre setting and are really down to earth and their first concern is the customer experience. Work life balance is good. There are a lot of opportunities for development.
Hierarchy, pace of work can be unrealistic, promotions are dangled like carrots in front of several people at once, can be cliquey office like anywhere, while they make efforts towards being an inclusive environment I have witnessed several occasions with the Leadership team that show the base values are not all there.1
- 5.04 Dec 2023Customer Sales AdvisorCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearGlasgow, Scotland
- Great company benefits - 30 Days holiday - Huge opportunity for progression
- Shift pattern can be an issue
Sky Reviews FAQs
Sky has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 5,410 reviews left anonymously by employees. 68% of employees would recommend working at Sky to a friend and 57% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
68% of Sky employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Sky 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.