Sky Director of Engineering Reviews

Updated 27 Aug 2019

Sky CEO  Jeremy Darroch
Jeremy Darroch
  1. "Modern and Professional"

Current Employee - Software Engineering Manager in Livingston, Scotland

I have been working at Sky full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Sky is a great, modern company to work for with really good benefits, good career oportunities and interesting work.

Cons

Location is the only con I can think of, Livingston isn't great.

2. "St. Albans Sky WiFi - The Cloud"

Current Employee - Head of Engineering in Saint Albans, England

I have been working at Sky full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Still feels like a startup in many respects. Small autonomous teams, with long tenure, which is a great place to learn new technologies. Pastry Monday mornings. New office location, feels more like being part of the bigger Sky Flexible working Engineering team all under a single manager, data, software, wifi and operations engineering. Enough free parking. Working with latest technologies. Learning and development is encouraged. People really care.

Cons

Lots of challenges, not always enough people to get the job done.

Sky Response

August 14, 2017Glassdoor Community Manager

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave a 5* review, it's great that you value the work we do to support our people! We've worked hard to try and make our team in St Albans feel more part of the 'Sky family', so it's great that you feel this has happened.

3. "Sky is a great place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineering Manager in London, England

I worked at Sky full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong values, which are followed. Pays well and fairly. Good opportunities to develop in different directions.

Cons

HR could be better staffed.

Sky Response

August 4, 2017Glassdoor Community Manager

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave a 5* review. There are various opportunities to develop your career here, so it's great that you valued this. We've passed your feedback on to the business.

4. "High Potential, Cultural problems"

4.0
    Current Employee - Reliability Engineering Lead in London, England

I have been working at Sky full-time

Pros

Attractive organisation, high growth potential. Good benefits, campus is becoming world class office. Very fast paced. You need to be fast and that makes you sharp.

Cons

Cultural instability, lack of formal processes. Focus on revenue without look on staff personal growth. If you work in tech you will find an awkward mentality from 90s and early 2000s. Should be more focus on R&D and innovation.

5. "20 years at Sky"

2.0
    Job Title Engineering Manager Marketing Support in Broxbourne, East of England, England

I worked at Sky for more than 10 years

Pros

Innovative, inventive, successful and constantly pushing the envelope, one of the best places to work from a technical and development perspective.

Cons

Silo's, poor and aggressive management team treating employees as numbers and unless you are at the top no recognition for achievements or success. A very selfish and greedy company which spends a lot of money and resource making itself look good to the outside world.

6. "Communications review"

4.0
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Ciudad de México

I have been working at Sky full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots and lots of learning, good place to begin working, member of the biggest entertainment enterprise in Mexico, decent salaries for engineering and compensations overall.

Cons

Very stresssing, needs a little bit of extra organization in the processes, sometimes hard to reach the management and to give and realize ideas if you're in the lower levels of the organization.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.