Sofology Reviews

Updated 18 Jun 2021

Found 141 of over 200 reviews

4.1
Sofology CEO Sally Hopson (no image)
Sally Hopson
Pros
  • "Pay was great and sofas were lovely(in 11 reviews)

• "Great team ethic , and training(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Working every weekend is tough and as you’d expect it’s just a part of the industry(in 9 reviews)

• "Bonus is paid on conversion which is not fair because you get in a store so many people that don't have the smallest intention to buy a sofa(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent place to work

18 Jun 2021 - Sales Advisor in Solihull, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good bonus system. Friendly, approachable management, the team in store are amazing and always happy to help. Bonus system based on store performance rather than commission based fosters a better atmosphere within the team. Achievable sales and add on targets. Great induction plan and training. Excellent progression for retail, most higher positions are recruited from within. Good base pay. Good relationships within the team and across other stores. Approachable upper management. Managers are relatively flexible with shifts. Regular one to ones with managers on personal and professional progression within the company. Supportive training environment, options to pursue further training available in many topics for specialising and developing. If improvements are needed in any areas, training, discussion and support are provided to improve. Monthly scorecards for individuals and the store highlighting top stats and areas that need improvements. Great recognition for good performance, improvements and efforts. Telephone order system allows you to continue your interactions with customers after they have left and increases your chances of a sale.

Cons

Like any sales job it can be very busy and stressful at times. Pressure to perform in certain areas, especially if the overall store is struggling in a particular area. Competition between stores can be intense at times. Data capture for further online orders can cause your stores sales to be "poached" by the call centre team. When the store is slow it can be difficult to hit targets. Unable to sell clearance items from other stores or warehouses that customers may have seen online. Sometimes tough to shift certain clearance items.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Take me back!! Best place I’ve ever worked

18 Apr 2021 - Sales Assistant in Croydon, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Company ethos creates a team orientated environment. They’re not out to steal each other’s orders (not as bad as other places anyway) - health benefits which include mental health care - Sofology rewards - you get discounts off many high street and online shops, gyms etc - Information on your iPads - your iPad carries all the tools you need to better inform the customer so you feel better equipped. - Brilliant management at the Croydon branch at time of leaving (Shakti & Joanna) - Hard to describe, but you feel like home when you go to work there. The environment is lovely and not cut throat like other sales environments. I left after I had a baby. I really wanted to stay on but my partner’s shifts are so unpredictable and Sofology really went above and beyond to try and work around my new family life but I didn’t want to mess them around. If you get chosen to work here, you’re lucky.

Cons

- A bonus is calculated by customer feedback scores so you really need to make it clear to the customer that anything less then a 9 is seen as a bad customer experience. Which is strange because some people would give 8 and think that’s a great score.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

My experience

19 May 2021 - Sales Associate in Solihull, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

During my 6 years in Sofology it never ceases to amaze me just how progress is this company is. By continuously growing each department, Sofology stands out from the rest. Not only do they demonstrate each of the values within the brand pillars they do this courteously and considerately to not only their employees but with customers in mind too. Sofology have not only given me security financially over the last six years but they have also driven me to follow and pursue a career in management within the company. The support network and work ethic within the business is just immense and it’s eye-opening just how many individuals are willing to commit their time with no benefit to themselves. And it’s for this reason that I enjoy working for Sofology and I’ll be forever grateful for the support given.

Cons

There can be a lot of changes within the business but this is usually for the better, so not necessarily a ‘Con’.

4. 5.0

Work life balance

19 May 2021 - Branch Manager in Warrington, North West England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Sofology is by far the best company I have worked for. I have worked in retail for 20 years and I have never known a business that wants to support its colleagues as much in terms of progression, well being, mental health and colleague benefits. My work life balance has changed drastically for the better enabling me to spend more quality time with my family and has helped me to switch off when I need to and focus on myself. I have built great working relationships in the business and knowing that you can contact literally anyone for guidance and support is incredible.

Cons

Nothing to fault at the moment

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work, really friendly

8 Jun 2021 - Sales Associate in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Sofology is a great please to work and everyone is so friendly, it feels like a family.

Cons

Weekend working can sometimes get on my nerves but I do understand why it is needed as it is the busiest days in the stores

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Product support

14 Jun 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Golborne, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The only pro is when you finish

Cons

Now allowed to “chittar chatter” between colleagues and to constantly be working I wasn’t liked much because I spoke the truth on ( asking a colleague a question about work was chitter chatter ) Being patronising and comparing you to people who have been there longer The turn around In staff is 5/6 weeks You don’t get the support needed

7. 5.0

19 May 2021 - Sales Consultant in Coventry, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Real opportunity to progress Great basic and OTE A VERY fair and understanding business

Cons

I’ve been trying to 2 years to find one 😹 Constant procedure changes

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

best company i've ever worked for

31 Mar 2021 - Omni Store Manager in Warrington, North West England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Genuinely cares about its employees. You get extra days off for special occasions like, birthdays, birth of grandchildren, welcoming a new pet etc. the business listen to employees opinions and make real change off the back of it. the business really care about the environment and are always looking at ways to improve the carbon footprint. I could go on and on!

Cons

you might get a little obsessed with the company!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

5 star culture and fantastic benefits

23 Mar 2021 - Sales Consultant in Sheffield, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Sofology is the best company I have ever worked for. The culture and values align directly with my personal principles and I genuinely have fun every day with a fantastic bunch of people! The benefits are amazing too and way ahead of any benefits I have ever heard of in other companies. Great place to work!

Cons

I cannot think of a con!

10. 5.0

Working at Sofology

23 Mar 2021 - Retail Sales Consultant in Nottingham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love working at Sofology its a fun and progressive environment with loads of opportunity to learn and develop yourself to further your career other perks you get holidays for most life events i.e. pets, birthdays, weddings etc as well as discounts at other retailers

Cons

Can't think of any at this time

Viewing 1 - 10 of 141 Reviews