Sofology Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Sofology Reviews

Updated 11 Nov 2019

3.7
Sofology CEO Sally Hopson (no image)
Sally Hopson
Pros
  • "Pay was great and sofas were lovely(in 10 reviews)

• "great team mentallity, good place to work(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Bonus is paid on conversion which is not fair because you get in a store so many people that don't have the smallest intention to buy a sofa(in 7 reviews)

• "Working every weekend is tough and as you’d expect it’s just a part of the industry(in 6 reviews)

1. "Sofology Coventry"

Current Employee - Deputy Store Manager in Coventry, England

I have been working at Sofology full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked for Sofology for over 5 years in 2 different roles and I can truly say that Sofology is a business that truly values and supports colleagues to be the best they can be. The showrooms are market leading and each store has a real sense of family. You feel supported and are given all the knowledge to be able to fulfil your role. If progression in your career is something you're after then I am living... proof that Sofology develops their people and that opportunity is there for the taking. There is a real sense of teamwork and a common goal throughout the whole business and across departments and this continues within the in store team. With not working on commission it is a refreshing sales environment that keeps the customer at the heart of everything we do. Basic pay is what you would expect however the opportunity to earn an extremely generous wage is there for the taking every month and this is achievable with the right mindset. A great place to work that comes with many benefits and I hope to be with this company for years to come.

Cons

There aren't many cons if you have the right outlook on the goal in front of you. Weekend working isn't for everybody however it is understandable and expected with retail.

Sofology2019-11-01
  2. "Good job if your face fits"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Hull, England

I have been working at Sofology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent salary, accommodating working hours

Cons

To progress is purely down to a popularity contest, as opposed to actual ability

Sofology2019-11-11
  3. "Fun place to work can be frustrating"

Current Employee - Sofologist in Doncaster, England

I have been working at Sofology full-time for more than a year

Pros

Customer focused sales process Communal commission Great staff Forward thinking

Cons

Bonus potential feels very controlled by upper management Not very organised Plenty of customer complaints over silly processes

Advice to Management

Get organised Make more time for the retail staff

Sofology2019-10-14
  4. "‘Management’ ‘HR’"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Golborne, England

I have been working at Sofology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Here are your 5 words

Cons

HR & management are very clicky you are not within the click your in for a hard time. HR do not take complaints seriously & nothing is ever done to improve. Managers have been known to drive employees to have to go on the sick

Advice to Management

Need sacking and starting again with people who actually have management skills. Seriously need to look into how you treat your staff & who you have in management if your staff is being vocal about issues. Make change

Sofology2019-10-30
  5. "Can be good, could be better"

Current Employee - Sofologist in Doncaster, England

I have been working at Sofology full-time for more than a year

Pros

Team based commision scheme Great sense of teamwork Reasonable hours

Cons

Senior management and head office are terrible at communicating with stores. Sales targets seem to be plucked out of thin air making it difficult to get bonus sometimes. No weekends off even though it's not that busy on a weekend. Part of your bonus is paid on conversion but a lot of complaining customers come to the store because the customer service department have failed to give them adequate help

Advice to Management

Communication needs to be greatly improved. Customer services needs a full revamp (look at the reviews) Consider rota'd weekends off for all staff.

Sofology2019-09-20
  6. "Sloth"

Former Employee - Delivery Driver/Installer in Golborne, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Sofology full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent induction and training

Cons

If your not in the click your out all day

Sofology2019-07-19
  7. "Happy to work here"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Paisley, Scotland

I have been working at Sofology full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great potential to make money. Like the company concept and values. Fun place to work.

Cons

Working every weekend no negotiations on that front I know it’s retail but every other big retailer I’ve worked for has allowed a bit of flex to be completely honest to many staff at the weekend.

Advice to Management

Enough staff to have one weekend off a month

Sofology2019-06-01

"Don't do it!!!"

Current Employee - Warehouse Assistant in Sheffield, England

I have been working at Sofology full-time

Pros

Some of the guys are sound you work with.

Cons

Bad management,bad pay,bad equipment, will employ anybody despite being utter rubbish, people in higher roles that ain't got a clue ,if you fit in with management you will be ok ,staff treated differently.

Sofology2019-06-09
  9. "A breath of fresh air. I love it."

Current Employee - Sofologist in Gateshead, England

I have been working at Sofology full-time for less than a year

Pros

Having come from a different industry I had no idea what to expect however I was surprised just how great it is to work here. The staff are great, management really have your back too. The pay varies on store performance, basic salary is what you would expect but some months you can have some amazing payslips. Really gives you a sense of pride taking that money home to your family. If you have the right... attitude and have a laugh with customers you will enjoy the role. There is hard work involved though and everybody depends on each other which gives a great sense of togetherness too. I feel management actively listen to us. In my short time here they’ve changed a lot in favour of their staff. An example being freeing up busy closed periods so people can use holidays and have better work life balance. That’s just a tiny part of the changes too. The training is good. They nurtured me from a call centre background into a customer facing salesman and were very patient and professional where other companies probably wouldn’t have given me the time of day. Now I have my eyes set to progress up the ladder and being supported there too. Fantastic company to work for.

Cons

Working every weekend is tough and as you’d expect it’s just a part of the industry. However it’s not great especially if you have kids. Having said that though, the management are actively listening and doing things based on what we tell them and I have no doubts this will be addressed at some point. It’s a pretty minor con on the overall scale of things and I have faith things can only get better.

Advice to Management

Lots of progress has been made and they genuinely listen and change things based on what we tell them. Keep it up because it’s a fantastic place to work.

Sofology2019-05-02
  10. "Sofology Rotherham"

Current Employee - Sofologist in Rotherham, England

I have been working at Sofology full-time for less than a year

Pros

We have an exceptional manager. He is consistent and fair minded manager that is always willing to support his staff in their success. He is open minded and driven and keeps the staff up to date on team performance and new information. The management team work hard and well together for the benefit of all.. It is unusual in today’s retail environment but I must say it’s a pleasure to work in this store!

Cons

My only concern was that my expenses claim took a while to be paid. But this was more about understanding the system procedure. The manager did everything possible to resolve the issue.

Advice to Management

Continue what they’re doing passionately, “ You said we did!”

Sofology2019-04-09