Sofology Reviews

Updated Nov 1, 2021

Found 153 of over 219 reviews

4.0
Sofology CEO Sally Hopson (no image)
Sally Hopson
Pros
  • "Wages are usually excellent and a good work life balance(in 12 reviews)

• "Great team ethic , and training(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I really don’t think there was any I loved working for Sofology(in 13 reviews)

• "weekend working sometimes is not the best(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great atmosphere, friendly management and lot’s of opportunities for career progression.

Nov 1, 2021 - Sales Consultant in Cambridge, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits. Work Life balance. Team Bonus.

Cons

Sometimes you have to deal with rude customers.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 5.0

Incredible Company

Oct 21, 2021 - Sales Manager in Wigan, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Sofology is an industry leader when it comes to being an incredible place to work. It shows genuine interest in it's individuals and solely supports them towards their goals. They love to invest their time and efforts into their own hardworking staff and make sure that they are the best that they could ever be. Sofology are an ambassador for creating your true self - Finding attributes within you that you hadn't thought could surface - using those attributes to fuel change within the business and really shape your own career on your own terms. It offers flexible and tangible goals that are explored across teams that are all working competently towards the same outcome. They have incredible strong values that form the base of a huge market leading company and continuously come out on top - Their consistent modern apporach allows them to explore their own colleagues and really pave the way in to sectors that previously may have been too difficult to reach. Their work ethic, inclusion and progressive channels completely outshine those of a similar background and I can only personally see this improving.

Cons

Not applicable within this company

3. 5.0

I love to work for this company

Oct 8, 2021 - Customer Advisor in Warrington, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love to work for this company

Cons

Hour are not suitable for staff with children

4. 5.0

Good pay

Sep 15, 2021 - Deputy Manager in Hove, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of benefits and support

Cons

No retail support help line for team

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Do not work here if you value your dignity and mental health

Sep 28, 2021 - Customer Service Agent in Golborne, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people on your team, some really nice hardworking people that feel equally as deflated. Company benefits are good but you’ll feel a million miles away from the sofology brand working on this team. The company values are excellent on paper but are redundant if management don’t stick by them.

Cons

Poor/lack of management - no management framework and managers genuinely speak to you like a child, no matter your age. Managers will do anything to avoid a complaint call and do not answer your questions. Humiliation tactics - Announcing to the whole team when you’ve not performed even if you’re 2 weeks into working. Bad training - training halted after a week and thrown straight into the deep end without any support and you start finding out lots of training gaps. No feedback - You could be doing your whole job wrong but you would never know because no one ever gives you feedback to tell you Favouritism - if you perform well you’ll be treated nicer than the others but most of the time you’ll be ignored completely Unprofessional- the managers if you could call them that are the most unprofessional managers I’ve ever had ‘manage’ me. Constantly hearing them bad mouth people and laughing about people that ask questions. Toxic work environment- this is the most toxic place I’ve worked however I can’t speak for all sofology departments. If you value your dignity and your sanity, do not work for this company.

Continue reading
      4 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

6 Years on and still going strong

Jul 27, 2021 - 3D Artist in Golborne, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Started off as a Junior 3D Artist, coming straight from University. Choose this company over another one at the time and have not regretted my decision since. I have learned so much over the 6 years and I am still learning to this day. There are also lots of opportunity's to increase your skills through training modules like Next Gen. As this was my first job, I was quite nervous coming into a big company but everyone made me feel welcome and it was made to feel like a family. The core values of the business shines right through in everything they do. In a lots of ways it feels like a small business in how they treat you but at the same time you have the security of a big company constantly trying to be the best at what they do. The company is always aiming to be better and is constantly improving day after day and is a big reason why I have stayed this long. They have also been amazing during this difficult time with the pandemic. I've always felt looked after and have felt confident that my job is safe and secure. The Benefits you get for working at this company are amazing and seam to get better and better every year. Just to name a few Healthcare Moments that matter Rewards and Benefits package Sofa Savings Volunteer days Smart tech

Cons

Nothing to fault at the moment

7. 5.0

Love it!

Jul 27, 2021 - Sales Executive in Coventry, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for ! Love the company values! Good pay & bonus & Benefits.

Cons

Would love some weekends off.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee

Become part of the furniture. You won't regret it!

Jul 27, 2021 - Sales Assistant in Croydon, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Been working for Sofology now coming up 3 years. Historically managing as part of a well known mobile phone company this is a welcomed change. The slower paced, non commission based environment is definitely something I appreciate. Allows me to do what I enjoy properly and offer the level of service I know is right and get to know the people the way I should. For me, the way sales should be. A conversation. As a business we're well looked after even during hard times receiving bonuses for lockdown periods is something I couldn't fault. Basic pay is good considering the workload. There's a great sense of family throughout the business from top down. Certainly helped by the non commission/non pressured approach. The company are clear about their goals and are more than transparent with regards to successes and problems alike. We stand for great things with regards to environment and diversity which again are all made very transparent top down. Overall, would recommend Sofology to anyone, from any background, skillset or ability.

Cons

Bonuses are paid based on targets achieved which can make month to month payments inconsistent where targets aren't always as considered as they could be. Having said that, over the year bonus and overall pay are nothing to be shrugged at!

Continue reading
    9. 5.0

6 years and counting

Jul 19, 2021 - Store Manager in Chester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coming from a hospitality management background the jump to retail was huge, not one I took lightly and of all the retailers that were hiring Sofology or Sofaworks as it was then was the one i wanted to work for. Even prior to the now inclusive and wellbeing centric company that it is, back then it was still light years ahead of the competition out there. Not just by product but also by colleague welfare and progressiveness should you wish to do so, Propel forwards 6 years and in that time I have achieved more than i ever set out to. Sales to Sm within 8 months and assisting stores that needed TLC to name but a few. A brand new store opening and a nomination for Retail Weeks Retail Store Manager of the year award and all this simply because I had the backing of the Retail team, HR and Management at Sofology. Each step of those small journeys were assisted by colleagues and senior management supporting the differing paths that led me back to the store I started in, Chester. For those who are looking to find a career and not just a job, a family and not just a passer by then I implore you apply for Sofology and seek out the endless opportunities that there are within this company. There are so many benefits to name but a few Healthcare Moments that matter Rewards and Benefits package Sofa Savings Volunteer days A set of values that are alive and not just printed on a wall The list is pretty non exhaustive Have a look at the amazing charitable work we have done for small charities and be wowed by the commitment we as a Large company has to the ESG plan to help our world.

Cons

None that I can think of

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Horrible place to work

Aug 26, 2021 - Customer Service Advisor in Nottingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Your colleagues tend to be nice

Cons

The bonus scheme is awful. It depends on how much footfall the company gets through the front door. You need to convert whatever that footfall is into sales. This creates an intense environment, as staff all watch each other to see if everyone is pulling their weight. We never got bonus for the 8 months I worked there. The management are all scared of the management above them. We were never allowed lunch breaks on the weekend, and over Christmas we worked 14 days in a row. Do not work here!

Be the first to find this review helpful