Sofology Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Sofology Reviews

Updated 22 Feb 2020

4.2
Sofology CEO Sally Hopson (no image)
Sally Hopson
Pros
  • "Pay was great and sofas were lovely(in 10 reviews)

• "great team mentallity, good place to work(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Working every weekend is tough and as you’d expect it’s just a part of the industry(in 9 reviews)

• "Bonus is paid on conversion which is not fair because you get in a store so many people that don't have the smallest intention to buy a sofa(in 7 reviews)

1. "Sofology great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Lincoln, England

I have been working at Sofology full-time

Pros

Great work environment Fun place to work Continuous training Care about the staff and listen to their feedback

Cons

Full time weekend working can be difficult

Sofology2020-02-22
  2. "A company that cares about internal progression.."

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Stoke-on-Trent, England

I have been working at Sofology full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Decent Salary - Internal Progression - Approachable upper Management My personal experience of Sofology, after working here for close to 2 years, is majority positive! I said i wanted management during my interview and from that point i was supported and trained to achieve this. A year an a half later i’m on Sofology’s internal progression program dubbed ‘Next Gen’ for the retail side. Hard work and sacrifice is needed for this, it wasn’t a cake walk! This was largely due to my very supportive immediate management. I’m well aware of other stores in the company with far less supportive management, but my personal experience is good.

Cons

All depends on your team. I’ve met great people both as peers and management, and bad as both too. Sofology does still have a few fossils hanging around from the high pressure sales days that could do with weeding out. But time IS the greatest healer.

Sofology2020-02-21
  3. "A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Nottingham, England

I have been working at Sofology full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Generous Pay Great working environment Plenty of opportunity to progress Senior leaders that actually care. Work uniform provided

Cons

Not any I can think of, off hand.

Sofology2020-02-17
  4. "BEST COMPANY TO WORK FOR"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Peterborough, England

I have been working at Sofology full-time for more than a year

Pros

Best company I've ever worked for in terms of looking after people. Pay, Rewards, Discounts, Working Conditions, Relationships with senior staff

Cons

Five word minimum on reviews

Sofology2020-02-17
  5. "One of the best companies to work for"

Current Employee - Team Leader in West Thurrock, England

I have been working at Sofology full-time

Pros

At sofology everyone has a opportunity to progress, it really is a company that listen to its colleagues and not only do they listen but they actually do something about it. The company is really going in the right direction and everyone working for sofology really feel secure in their roles.

Cons

Honestly me personally i don’t really have any cons, just some feedback i have had has been that their has been to much change in such a short time.

Sofology2020-02-16
  6. "Sofology Chester"

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Chester, England

I have been working at Sofology full-time for more than a year

Pros

A fantastic environment to work. The high standards in mentoring and coaching are an invaluable part of the company ethos. A non commissioned sales environment where management and sales work as one team. Career progression is there if you strive to succeed. I have now been promoted as a result of the above.

Cons

I have experienced no negativity during my time with the company.

Sofology2020-02-16
  7. "Manager of the Cardiff showroom but also supports the south region and the rest of the company too"

Current Employee - Senior Store Manager in Cardiff, Wales

I have been working at Sofology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked her for 3.5 years and I have received 3 promotions within that time. The progression within this company is tremendous. As a lady moving into the furniture industry was the best decision I have made in my career and I wish I did it years ago.

Cons

The fact that you have access to everything even if away from the store which if you are a workaholic like myself I find hard not to check figures and switch off.

Sofology2020-02-12
  8. "BEST COMPANY EVER"

Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Cardiff, Wales

I have been working at Sofology full-time for more than a year

Pros

Having worked for Sofology for over two years thus far I can give an honest and accurate account of what it is like to work for Sofology. Firstly Sofology has worked tirelessly throughout my time here on staff satisfaction with a focus on staff wellbeing. Through monthly activities and that include team walks and mental health sessions with highly trained individuals, Sofology really has staff satisfaction and wellbeing at its core. Secondly, Sofology as a business prides it’s self on its management style and structure. Throughout my time here at Sofology the business has conducted numerous surveys where Sofologists can voice opinions and give feedback on all manor of things. The management in this business is highly professional and are always keen to promote and nurture personal progression. I started at Sofology with the mindset of the position being a short term job, fast forward two years and that job has now turned in to a career. The world of sales is largely dominated by males but Sofology is a company really ahead of its time and provides equal opportunities for all.

Cons

There is nothing negative to say

Sofology2020-02-11
  9. "Welcome to The House of Fun."

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Rotherham, England

I have been working at Sofology full-time for more than a year

Pros

Caring progressive employer. Potential earnings are good. Approachable management team both in store and the leadership team.. Good fun place to work with some good team incentives. Company endeavours to be fair which is admirable quality in any employer today.

Cons

To be honest if your prepared to do your job not a lot of negatives. Of course there are weekends and bank holidays. Also systems are in need of streamlining but still very good. Basic pay needs revision albeit that is being done this year.

Sofology2020-02-07
  10. "Progressive Company that still has Fun"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Coventry, England

I have been working at Sofology full-time for less than a year

Pros

Career progression. Not commission based so great Teamwork and support. Relaxed atmosphere with customers. Team and individual incentives

Cons

We work Weekends. Can lose a LOT of money if off Sick

Sofology2020-02-04

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 108 reviews