Softcat Developer Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated Sep 30, 2019

5.0
Softcat CEO Graeme Watt
Graeme Watt
  1. "Great Company with Amazing culture"

Current Employee - Developer in Marlow, England

I have been working at Softcat full-time for less than a year

Pros

You will be valued and employee comes first at softcat. Amazing working culture with huge flexibility. (It'll take time to understand that you are not dreaming and it is real) You will be recognized as an individual and help to progress to better opportunities. Relax environment to work with loads of peaks. You will be passionate about what you are doing and enthusiastic to come to work every day. Softcat... values humility and every day is a fun day

Cons

There are no cons but for the sake of writing one it will be, Open office environment and it will take time to use to it unless you have previous experience.

Advice to Management

Please maintain the current standards you are having with employees, as this is a great place to work and without knowing people give their 100% to the company. So don't change it.

Softcat2019-09-30
  2. "Work Hard, Play Hard"

Current Employee - Learning and Development in Marlow, England

I have been working at Softcat full-time for less than a year

Pros

Softcat is a fun company to work for, they offer plenty of incentives to those who works in Sales roles and the atmosphere is always a friendly one.

Cons

The Company is, at the end of the day, a business in Sales. Therefore almost everything (incentives, trips, focus days, lunches out) are put on for the Sales Teams.

Advice to Management

It'd be good to show the Non-Sales teams how appreciated they are more often, perhaps with lunches and incentives of our won.

Softcat2019-03-19
  3. "Opportunities abound to be who you want to be."

Current Employee - Services Development Analyst in Marlow, England

I have been working at Softcat full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Softcat has given me a platform with which I have relaunched my IT career onto a much faster, capable route upwards. I could not have done this without the support of my colleagues, the motivating atmosphere in each and every office, and the ability to feel accomplishment and ownership in any projects, or new ideas put forward to the company. Softcat's staff are one and the same - no ivory towers, no glass... paneled corner offices, no reserved parking. This brings with it far better communication and personality with management and the directors. Need to catch a C-level? They're over there in the middle of the Sales floor. Manager? Right with their team, making time for them to ensure they're happy and performing well. A whole range of additional benefits including: - Dental, Healthcare for long service - A reactive training programme, and development team - Pool table/Table Tennis, Xbox, PS4, Wii - Plenty of staff and extended family events for all to enjoy, all year round - Breakfast provided every morning; well stocked kitchens with all the essentials - Staff recognition, and incentive trips twice-yearly across the world

Cons

Softcat once seemed ahead of the curve in office layout and features; very much Google/Microsoft campus feel with a dash of Star Trek reboot bridge design, but this was almost 10 years ago, and the wallpaper is peeling away. There are much better looking, more functional workplace environments out there now, and Softcat being a public facing, host of visitors from major companies, could do with a rethink on the... layout and physical corporate image.

Advice to Management

Always listen to the staff you work with; improvement and acceptance of change comes much easier when what's being asked is a trickle, not a torrent.

Softcat2018-06-29

"Invests in your career like nowhere else"

Developer in Marlow, England

I have been working at Softcat

Pros

Once you prove yourself the business will notice that and reward you to reflect it. I've moved my way up several roles since I've joined and many people will bend over backwards to let you progress if you are willing and reliable. Plenty of parties and beer on fridays which is nice too. Positive friendly working environment and managers who have earned their role through good leadership means bosses you can rely on.

Cons

The proving yourself is also a con - you aren't paid for doing a new role till you can prove that you do it well. Many benefits available are sales oriented and less accessible for admin staff. Other than that parking in Marlow is a nightmare and pizza makes you fat.

Softcat2016-06-21