Softcat "working environment" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Softcat Employee Reviews about "working environment"

Updated 13 Oct 2019

4.4
Softcat CEO Graeme Watt
Graeme Watt
Pros
Cons
  • "Low basic salary (accompanied by high un capped commission(in 14 reviews)

• "No other way to put it, but it can be tough, long hours, challenging targets and competitive colleagues(in 14 reviews)

Reviews about "working environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Company with Amazing culture"

Current Employee - Developer in Marlow, England

I have been working at Softcat full-time for less than a year

Pros

You will be valued and employee comes first at softcat. Amazing working culture with huge flexibility. (It'll take time to understand that you are not dreaming and it is real) You will be recognized as an individual and help to progress to better opportunities. Relax environment to work with loads of peaks. You will be passionate about what you are doing and enthusiastic to come to work every day. Softcat... values humility and every day is a fun day

Cons

There are no cons but for the sake of writing one it will be, Open office environment and it will take time to use to it unless you have previous experience.

Advice to Management

Please maintain the current standards you are having with employees, as this is a great place to work and without knowing people give their 100% to the company. So don't change it.

Softcat2019-09-30

October 10, 2019Recruitment Manager

Thanks so much for spending the time to leave a review. It's great to see how much you're enjoying it here at Softcat, we're so proud that the culture is shining through as we put alot into keeping it fun and exciting for everyone. Thanks Rachel Cowell Recruitment Manager

2. "Great start to a career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Softcat full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Exposure to a large amount of different technologies and vendors -Amazing working environment and colleges -

Cons

- Can be tough to get started - building an account base, but, once you have broken through things really do pay off.

Softcat2019-02-18

February 19, 2019Recruitment Manager

Thanks for your review, we're really appreciative of you taking the time to share this. We do partner with a number of well known vendors and do really pride ourselves on keeping the culture fun and rewarding. The role of Account Exec can take some time to get started as you are building your account base but we offer a really supportive environment to help you on your way and give you the skills to build those relationships and spot the opportunities.

"Welcome to the Wolf of Wall Street!!"

Former Employee - Account Executive in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Softcat full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very Young Working Environment, Ability to Liaise with Some of the Top Vendors in the IT Market, Lots of Benefits, Decent Central Location.

Cons

Below Average Base Salary, Lad Culture, Unfair Account Allocation, Long Working Hours.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes to what's happening around you, this is a workplace not a playground.

Softcat2018-04-18

April 18, 2018Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your feedback, we really value your review. As always, we take these views seriously, and want to ensure we can improve where possible. We are continuing to evolve as a business as we continue to grow and understand that the environment needs to promote professional working but ensuring we don't loose the Softcat heart, still keeping it fun and interesting. We try and ensure the incentives and benefits we offer as a business reward people for the hard work they put in, as we understand, especially in sales, you'll have to put alot of work in and stay motivated in order to build your business. We thank you again for your feedback, and wish you success in the future Rachel

4. "Account Chief Technologist"

Current Employee - Account Chief Technologist in Marlow, England

I have been working at Softcat full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have never worked for a company that is so passionate on excellent customer service and provide an environment that wants people to succeed and progress. They provide an excellent environment to work in and genuinely listen and act on feedback. You would be mad not to work for Softcat and i very much look forward to many more years to come.

Cons

I have no real Cons but will be interested if we can keep the ethos of the organisation as we continue to grow.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, the recipe is working. Lets keep adjusting as we grow and adapt the business

Softcat2017-12-13

"amazing place to work"

in Marlow, England

I have been working at Softcat for more than 8 years

Pros

leadership, values, performance, benefits for employees, working environment, communication, teamwork, and the people.

Cons

hard to think of any..

Softcat2016-07-25

"Invests in your career like nowhere else"

Developer in Marlow, England

I have been working at Softcat

Pros

Once you prove yourself the business will notice that and reward you to reflect it. I've moved my way up several roles since I've joined and many people will bend over backwards to let you progress if you are willing and reliable. Plenty of parties and beer on fridays which is nice too. Positive friendly working environment and managers who have earned their role through good leadership means bosses you can rely on.

Cons

The proving yourself is also a con - you aren't paid for doing a new role till you can prove that you do it well. Many benefits available are sales oriented and less accessible for admin staff. Other than that parking in Marlow is a nightmare and pizza makes you fat.

Softcat2016-06-21

"Sales Account Manager"

Current Employee - Sales Account Manager in Marlow, England

I have been working at Softcat full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fantastic Rewards, Fun & Positive Working Environment

Cons

Tough for the first 18 months, find your own accounts to do B2B sales, no real territories

Softcat2016-01-21

"Honestly cannot say enough good"

Current Employee - Non-sales in Manchester, England

I have been working at Softcat full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Have felt completely supported and appreciated from the day I stepped through the door! - Really amazing company atmosphere. The fact that the happiness of all of our employees is held in such high regard makes for a really great working environment. - I have not had one negative experience with a single person since starting here. - Complete lack of airs and graces. No directors stashed away in offices!... Everyone sits on the same sales floor. - You can literally set yourself up for life, as the earning potential is insane. - Progression is massively encouraged, and achievable.

Cons

- In my ideal world, it would be a 9-5, rather than a 9-6, but you can't have everything eh

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I have worked in a few different companies over the years, and I have never felt so at home, so quick, professionally before.

Softcat2015-05-18

"What a place... Incredible"

Current Employee - EUC Consultant in Marlow, England

I have been working at Softcat full-time for less than a year

Pros

I started this job just weeks ago, I'm in the EUC department and I think I can count the amount of times I've paid for lunch on one hand, so far. The people are amazing and what really make this company. There's always something going on, sweets, chocolate bars, beers, parties - pretty much a weekly occurrence. I came from a big corporate company and things were so different, at Softcat there is a sense of openness,... colleagues share their experiences; managers don't boss you about and overall a very relaxing environment to work in. I find it really excells my learning through the amount of support you get from like minded people and budget for things like training and courses. The incentives are insane: random games in the office which can attract up to tens of thousands of pounds, cash prize. Themed days in the office where it is compulsory to partake in fancy dress. Along with 5 star trips all paid for, parties big and small, I'm really looking forward to the Christmas ball! It has so far been a life changing experience for me and I look forward to being there a long time.

Cons

Nothing, oh maybe the amount of hot females in the office, it can't be good for you ;)

Advice to Management

Keep it up, just don't lose the personal touch and FUN that has always been an integral part of the business as Softcat grows. THANK YOU

Softcat2014-10-26
  10. "Softcat is a fantastic place to work!"

Current Employee - Sales Team Leader in Marlow, England

I have been working at Softcat full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The working environment is friendly, respectful, fun and hard-working. Softcat get the perfect balance of hard-work and fun, resulting in a very happy workforce who are driven to provide the unrivalled service to their customers.

Cons

It can be stressful and hard work at times. However, there is so much support and to get anywhere worthwhile in any discipline requires hard work.

Advice to Management

The managers are inspirational in Softcat. They really care about their employees and sit amongst the sales floor. Very approachable and commited to the organisation. They really live and breathe the true values of the company!

Softcat2014-02-21