Softcat Employee Reviews about "working environment"

Updated Jan 18, 2021

Found 15 of over 364 reviews

4.4
Pros
  • "Culture and office working environment(in 24 reviews)

• "Great earning potential if you put the hard work in(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours - you get out what you put in(in 24 reviews)

• "Basic salary is extremely low - Yes there is commission involved but the good commission only comes from new business(in 17 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "working environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great Job

Jan 18, 2021 - Cyber Security Sales Specialist in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great hours, good working environment!

Cons

There are no cons with Softcat

Recruitment Manager

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us, we wish you all the best. Thanks Rachel

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great culture

Jan 13, 2021 - Marketing Executive in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture and office working environment

Cons

Lacked career progression and growth opportunities

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for sharing your review with us and good luck in your future career. Thanks Rachel

3. The latest conversations about Tech

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company with Amazing culture

Sep 30, 2019 - Developer in Marlow, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

You will be valued and employee comes first at softcat. Amazing working culture with huge flexibility. (It'll take time to understand that you are not dreaming and it is real) You will be recognized as an individual and help to progress to better opportunities. Relax environment to work with loads of peaks. You will be passionate about what you are doing and enthusiastic to come to work every day. Softcat values humility and every day is a fun day

Cons

There are no cons but for the sake of writing one it will be, Open office environment and it will take time to use to it unless you have previous experience.

Recruitment Manager

Thanks so much for spending the time to leave a review. It's great to see how much you're enjoying it here at Softcat, we're so proud that the culture is shining through as we put alot into keeping it fun and exciting for everyone. Thanks Rachel Cowell Recruitment Manager

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great start to a career

Feb 18, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Exposure to a large amount of different technologies and vendors -Amazing working environment and colleges -

Cons

- Can be tough to get started - building an account base, but, once you have broken through things really do pay off.

Recruitment Manager

Thanks for your review, we're really appreciative of you taking the time to share this. We do partner with a number of well known vendors and do really pride ourselves on keeping the culture fun and rewarding. The role of Account Exec can take some time to get started as you are building your account base but we offer a really supportive environment to help you on your way and give you the skills to build those relationships and spot the opportunities.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Welcome to the Wolf of Wall Street!!

Apr 18, 2018 - Account Executive in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very Young Working Environment, Ability to Liaise with Some of the Top Vendors in the IT Market, Lots of Benefits, Decent Central Location.

Cons

Below Average Base Salary, Lad Culture, Unfair Account Allocation, Long Working Hours.

4 people found this review helpful

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your feedback, we really value your review. As always, we take these views seriously, and want to ensure we can improve where possible. We are continuing to evolve as a business as we continue to grow and understand that the environment needs to promote professional working but ensuring we don't loose the Softcat heart, still keeping it fun and interesting. We try and ensure the incentives and benefits we offer as a business reward people for the hard work they put in, as we understand, especially in sales, you'll have to put alot of work in and stay motivated in order to build your business. We thank you again for your feedback, and wish you success in the future Rachel

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Account Chief Technologist

Dec 13, 2017 - Account Chief Technologist in Marlow, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have never worked for a company that is so passionate on excellent customer service and provide an environment that wants people to succeed and progress. They provide an excellent environment to work in and genuinely listen and act on feedback. You would be mad not to work for Softcat and i very much look forward to many more years to come.

Cons

I have no real Cons but will be interested if we can keep the ethos of the organisation as we continue to grow.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

amazing place to work

Jul 25, 2016 -  in Marlow, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

leadership, values, performance, benefits for employees, working environment, communication, teamwork, and the people.

Cons

hard to think of any..

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Invests in your career like nowhere else

Jun 21, 2016 - Developer in Marlow, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Once you prove yourself the business will notice that and reward you to reflect it. I've moved my way up several roles since I've joined and many people will bend over backwards to let you progress if you are willing and reliable. Plenty of parties and beer on fridays which is nice too. Positive friendly working environment and managers who have earned their role through good leadership means bosses you can rely on.

Cons

The proving yourself is also a con - you aren't paid for doing a new role till you can prove that you do it well. Many benefits available are sales oriented and less accessible for admin staff. Other than that parking in Marlow is a nightmare and pizza makes you fat.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Sales Account Manager

Jan 21, 2016 - Sales Account Manager in Marlow, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic Rewards, Fun & Positive Working Environment

Cons

Tough for the first 18 months, find your own accounts to do B2B sales, no real territories

11. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Honestly cannot say enough good

May 18, 2015 - Non-sales in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Have felt completely supported and appreciated from the day I stepped through the door! - Really amazing company atmosphere. The fact that the happiness of all of our employees is held in such high regard makes for a really great working environment. - I have not had one negative experience with a single person since starting here. - Complete lack of airs and graces. No directors stashed away in offices! Everyone sits on the same sales floor. - You can literally set yourself up for life, as the earning potential is insane. - Progression is massively encouraged, and achievable.

Cons

- In my ideal world, it would be a 9-5, rather than a 9-6, but you can't have everything eh

Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 Reviews