SoftwareONE Reviews

4.3
SoftwareONE CEO Dieter Schlosser
Dieter Schlosser
Pros
Cons
  • "Not as such during my tenure at SWO(in 15 reviews)

• "Sometimes work life balance can be a challenge(in 14 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Vendor and Alliance Manager

I worked at SoftwareONE full-time

Pros

Great people to work with + great company benefits.

Cons

Personally more communication with all departments

2. "Great Vision, Getting There on Execution"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in London, England

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time

Pros

Company has great vision for the future

Cons

Stuck in it's ways and needs to move faster to a service led approach

3. "A decent company"

4.0
    Former Employee - Sales in London, England

I worked at SoftwareONE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

easy going, flexible working environment, competitive salary, good incentives

Cons

On a few occasions there would some employees who would walk on others to get their way.

Continue reading
  4. "Global organisation with an entrepreneurial culture"

Current Employee - Product Manager in London, England

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

SoftwareONE has a great culture of team work and collaboration which allows innovation and is appreciated by its clients and partners globally.

Cons

Business has grown very rapidly over the last couple of years, which has introduced a level of complexity and integration pains, as expected with any large global org.

September 16, 2020Chief HR Officer

Thanks for the feedback - to a certain extent, we are all learning as we go, but great to see you believe we are going in the right direction! Thanks again, John.

"Company that puts its employees first"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Wimbledon, England

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked for SoftwareONE for 5 years + and I have to say it is the best place I have worked. The companys core values + culture are lived and breathed by its employees as well as the Leadership team. Its non hierarchical set up works well and everyone is easy going and approachable. Everyone is helpful when needed and I can honestly say I have made some life long friends here. The Onboarding for new starters is structured and full training is given + career progression is something that is a focus for line managers, should this be something that is of interest to you.

Cons

It can sometimes get very busy, very quickly and sometimes its hard to juggle a high workload however people will always help if you ask.

July 27, 2020Chief HR Officer

I was lucky enough to speak at an industry conference earlier this month and someone asked me about our values - how we made them real - and the example you give of 'help' is for me one of the aspects that stands out most. It always seems like when you need or ask for help in the company, others will put you before themselves and go out of their way to ensure you are successful. It's a idealistic concept and I am sure there are instances when things get in the way of it happening, but the 'pay it forward' mentality and willingness to be there for each other is pretty powerful so it's great to see that recognised. Don't get me wrong, we are not completely altruistic, we have a business to run but it is inspiring to see the values shine through. I agree with you on the 'business scale' - it feels like we have never been busier - I almost feel lucky given what is going on in the world to be this busy. However, I also realise that sometimes this is difficult and it challenges the concept of work life harmony. I'm not sure I have an answer to this but as you say, if people need help or are challenged, then we will do what we can to help! Thanks again for taking the time to write! John.

6. COVID-19

"Why softwareone ?"

4.0
    Current Employee - Sales in Wimbledon, England

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been with SWO for several years my take aways would be they go above and beyond for their employees in whatever shape or form. We have a culture rep team who continue to support the welfare and needs of their employees, not many companies provide this to their staff. Swo is constantly evolving with the modern day market and always trying to be at the very top of their game, whilst we may not always get it right first time they will continue to develop to get to where it needs to be. The people are always prepared to help and support you with what ever you need and will always make time for you. In such a fast paced environment sometimes it’s hard to get that time and support. Quarterly bonuses you can hit through KPI’s so you feel like you are also achieving something after a busy quarter. We also have quarterly team nights out where we get some time away from the office to socialise and mingle with maybe some of the other team members you may not speak to as frequently on a day to day bases. Swo want you to progress and flourish within the business and will help support your career developments should that be a desired route you wish to take.

Cons

New starter onboarding isn’t always the greatest, however it has improved drastically since when I first started. 8.30 starts on a Wednesday. Wimbledon travel is a nightmare.

July 27, 2020Chief HR Officer

I was lucky enough to live in Wimbledon earlier in my career before I joined SWO so I know it can be difficult with travel - hopefully you've found a good balance from with the train / tube or other means. Thanks for the feedback - of course it's great to hear you're feeling the benefit and impact of the culture rep teams and as you say, we are not perfect but I believe we care about trying to do what is right. Finding the balance between fostering a local community and at the same time a truely global, scalable company is challenging - so the feedback helps us shape that in real time. The same goes for the flexible working structure - as you say highlighted by COVID - but again this is balance as a lot of the culture is fostered by the community / togetherness in an office in the first place - but I will make sure this goes back into the UK improvement loop. Please let us know if you have any specific ideas on how to make that work. Otherwise, thanks again for investing the time in doing this and your career with SWO. Hope you have a great rest of Q3 and H2! John.

7. "Good Place to Work For"

Former Employee - Administrative
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at SoftwareONE full-time

Pros

Good pay, good culture, good socials

Cons

High performers should be rewarded more

May 17, 2020Chief HR Officer

I'd love to hear what more we can do for our high performers! We have local reward programs & incentives as well as the global President's Club events. If you ever have the chance, please write to me directly. Wishing you every success and thanks for investing part of your career with us. John.

8. "Great company"

I worked at SoftwareONE full-time

Pros

This is a company with great career potential

Cons

Can some time be inward looking and closed to new ideas

May 17, 2020Chief HR Officer

Thanks for the feedback! Please write directly to me or the Executive Board (Dieter, Alex, Hans, Neil) with any new ideas! we'd love to hear! Thanks, John.

9. "Good company"

Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I worked at SoftwareONE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Big growth a lot of new services, good culture good people

Cons

Not enough resource due to growing pains

June 10, 2019Chief HR Officer

Thanks for taking the time to review - great that you see the culture and recognize the great people we have. If you have any specific comments on resource allocation as we grow, we'd love to hear from you directly to see if it is something we can address. Thanks again. John.

10. "A company that truly invests in it's people"

Current Employee - SAM Consultant in London, England

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have never worked for a company that lives and breathes its core values the way SoftwareONE does. It’s a company that really invests in its people and truly believes they are the foundation of what makes it successful. Having a global footprint creates a diversity and opportunities to work with employees and customers from around the world. At a recent global company event I attended there were 52 nationalities and 19 languages in one room. SoftwareONE continues to grow; going from strength to strength, but somehow manages to never lose its SWO family values and ethos, which are strongly endorsed and demonstrated by the leadership team. I genuinely feel everyone is empowered to make change and innovate within the organisation. Employees are given a voice and the right balance of autonomy and support to succeed on a personal level and to help the future success of the company.

Cons

I have no cons to report

Viewing 1 - 10 of 491 English Reviews