SoftwareONE Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.9
SoftwareONE CEO Dieter Schlosser
Dieter Schlosser
Pros
Cons
  • "If speed and agility are not your strengths SWO is not right for you(in 13 reviews)

• "o tem plano de carreira, somente as pessoas que puxam o saco dos gerente que recebem aumento e reconhecimento(in 10 reviews)

1. "Good company"

Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I worked at SoftwareONE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Big growth a lot of new services, good culture good people

Cons

Not enough resource due to growing pains

SoftwareONE2019-06-04
  2. "A company that truly invests in it's people"

Current Employee - SAM Consultant in London, England

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have never worked for a company that lives and breathes its core values the way SoftwareONE does. It’s a company that really invests in its people and truly believes they are the foundation of what makes it successful. Having a global footprint creates a diversity and opportunities to work with employees and customers from around the world. At a recent global company event I attended there were 52 nationalities... and 19 languages in one room. SoftwareONE continues to grow; going from strength to strength, but somehow manages to never lose its SWO family values and ethos, which are strongly endorsed and demonstrated by the leadership team. I genuinely feel everyone is empowered to make change and innovate within the organisation. Employees are given a voice and the right balance of autonomy and support to succeed on a personal level and to help the future success of the company.

Cons

I have no cons to report

SoftwareONE2019-03-29
  3. "Enjoyable place to work"

Current Employee - Procurement Consultant

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible, people focused, compassionate. Fantastic culture and everybody willing to help wherever they can. Senior management very approachable.

Cons

Salaries are low compared to the market.

Advice to Management

Develop and invest in current employee and their true development needs

SoftwareONE2019-02-26
  4. "Entrepreneurial Culture"

I have been working at SoftwareONE for more than a year

Pros

Friendly close knit family type business

Cons

Typical challenges business face

Advice to Management

N/D

SoftwareONE2018-11-08
  5. "The People Make the business"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wimbledon, England

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked at SoftwareONE for over 6 years and feel that as a business they value their employees tremendously. They were very supportive when I had a personal issue and felt that there was always someone for me to talk to if I needed it. The culture of the business is work hard and play harder. I love the fact there is a social event every month, a fantastic Xmas party along with a New Year and Mid Year kick off... that allows everyone to get together. Everyone here at SoftwareONE UK is passionate about what we do and are fully dedicated to the business and the team mentality. There is always someone to help if needed and that is important. I also love the way that SoftwareONE is evolving as a business not just in the UK but also globally. The ideas and changes that are being made have a huge impact to daily workload and means our people can grow on a personal development level

Cons

Head Count approval can be slow which means that sometimes there is unnecessary pressure at critical times like month and quarter end

Advice to Management

If you can invest more in the non field sales / back office staff productivity would increase as there would be more bandwidth to be proactive as opposed to reactive.

SoftwareONE2018-09-28
  6. "Great culture."

in Wimbledon, England

I have been working at SoftwareONE

Pros

This is the first company i've worked for where i actually feel like the business cares about thier employees. We frequently have enrichment activities, oppertunity to learn and there's such a good culture.

Cons

The workload can be alot and if you're new to the industry it is a lot to take in in the first 6 months but you're constantly learning and it's a good challenge.

Advice to Management

It can sometimes feel like the majority of reward goes to the sales people and while they should absolutely be recognised for their work the employees that get KPI's work just as hard. Other than that keep doing what you're doing. (Also a gym mebership included in benefits would be great)

SoftwareONE2018-09-27

"Growing"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are great people here, both new to the business and some who have been around for 5+ years. There are great friendships in the UK. We have a great kick off each July and Christmas party, monthly drinks and celebrated the culture of one of our global countries every three months or so.

Cons

It acts like a small business in the UK sometimes. That's also a plus, because you can make a difference.

Advice to Management

Keep on getting professional. It's definitely improving, so keep it up, like investing in systems.

SoftwareONE2017-08-03

"Transformation is Never Easy"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wimbledon, England

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've worked for SoftwareONE for over 5 years and seen first first-hand how the company has built on its core capabilities of software licensing and SAM to evolve into becoming an established IT services and solutions company. At the core of this transformation and vision is an entrepreneurial spirit and culture of innovation that encourages ideas and creativity. One of the most exciting and rewarding parts... of the job is working with some of the most exceptional people in the industry in their field of expertise. It gives you great confidence in the propositions and the results for clients. The company also offers a flexible workstyle to help manage around personal and family commitments and is helpful if you just need to lock yourself in a bunker to get stuff done! The international transfer program is another perk of working at SoftwareONE giving you the opportunity to work in another country on either a short term or long term basis. Several people from the UK have taken advantage of this moving to Sydney, LA, Singapore and New York.

Cons

The pace of change and transformation at SoftwareONE has caused issues and 'growing pains' Aggressive growth targets can make the working environment highly pressurised. New table tennis equipment has been bought for after work play and I'm rubbish at it.

Advice to Management

At a local level increase the frequency of internal comms with updates and good news from across the company's departments. Develop and execute a clearer go to market strategy to help communicate to clients and prospects what makes SoftwareONE unique and different in the market place.

SoftwareONE2017-07-27
  9. "Fab culture"

I have been working at SoftwareONE

Pros

Culture, work life balance, team players!

Cons

Training can be poor, salary does not reflect the market

Advice to Management

Review salaries, training packs for new starters

SoftwareONE2017-05-08

"Good, improvements needed to make it great"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in London, England

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working for a truly international company with a great culture and great people, fast growth and ambitious plans. The sky is the limit.

Cons

There are still some gaps in management in some areas and recruitment often hire the wrong people or give the wrong expectations so end up with mismatches for the roles. Due to the fast growth, the operations side is always playing catchup which causes problems.

Advice to Management

Focus on empowering your people, rather than a top-down approach. Give local managers ability to lead and make decisions in their local markets

SoftwareONE2017-04-19