SoftwareONE Reviews

Updated 29 Jul 2020

SoftwareONE CEO Dieter Schlosser
Dieter Schlosser
Pros
  • "Work from home facility available which is the inly pro point(in 39 reviews)

• "SoftwareONE has a great culture of team work and collaboration which allows innovation and is appreciated by its clients and partners globally(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • "While this is more of a fact than con, know that SWO is not static and evolves(in 14 reviews)

• "There is alot of potential here in GSDC, but somehow management believes in choosen few(in 11 reviews)

1. "Global organisation with an entrepreneurial culture"

Current Employee - Product Manager in London, England

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

SoftwareONE has a great culture of team work and collaboration which allows innovation and is appreciated by its clients and partners globally.

Cons

Business has grown very rapidly over the last couple of years, which has introduced a level of complexity and integration pains, as expected with any large global org.

Continue reading

"Company that puts its employees first"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Wimbledon, England

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked for SoftwareONE for 5 years + and I have to say it is the best place I have worked. The companys core values + culture are lived and breathed by its employees as well as the Leadership team. Its non hierarchical set up works well and everyone is easy going and approachable. Everyone is helpful when needed and I can honestly say I have made some life long friends here. The Onboarding for new starters is structured and full training is given + career progression is something that is a focus for line managers, should this be something that is of interest to you.

Cons

It can sometimes get very busy, very quickly and sometimes its hard to juggle a high workload however people will always help if you ask.

July 27, 2020Chief HR Officer

I was lucky enough to speak at an industry conference earlier this month and someone asked me about our values - how we made them real - and the example you give of 'help' is for me one of the aspects that stands out most. It always seems like when you need or ask for help in the company, others will put you before themselves and go out of their way to ensure you are successful. It's a idealistic concept and I am sure there are instances when things get in the way of it happening, but the 'pay it forward' mentality and willingness to be there for each other is pretty powerful so it's great to see that recognised. Don't get me wrong, we are not completely altruistic, we have a business to run but it is inspiring to see the values shine through. I agree with you on the 'business scale' - it feels like we have never been busier - I almost feel lucky given what is going on in the world to be this busy. However, I also realise that sometimes this is difficult and it challenges the concept of work life harmony. I'm not sure I have an answer to this but as you say, if people need help or are challenged, then we will do what we can to help! Thanks again for taking the time to write! John.

3. COVID-19

"Why softwareone ?"

Current Employee - Sales in Wimbledon, England

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been with SWO for several years my take aways would be they go above and beyond for their employees in whatever shape or form. We have a culture rep team who continue to support the welfare and needs of their employees, not many companies provide this to their staff. Swo is constantly evolving with the modern day market and always trying to be at the very top of their game, whilst we may not always get it right first time they will continue to develop to get to where it needs to be. The people are always prepared to help and support you with what ever you need and will always make time for you. In such a fast paced environment sometimes it’s hard to get that time and support. Quarterly bonuses you can hit through KPI’s so you feel like you are also achieving something after a busy quarter. We also have quarterly team nights out where we get some time away from the office to socialise and mingle with maybe some of the other team members you may not speak to as frequently on a day to day bases. Swo want you to progress and flourish within the business and will help support your career developments should that be a desired route you wish to take.

Cons

New starter onboarding isn’t always the greatest, however it has improved drastically since when I first started. 8.30 starts on a Wednesday. Wimbledon travel is a nightmare.

July 27, 2020Chief HR Officer

I was lucky enough to live in Wimbledon earlier in my career before I joined SWO so I know it can be difficult with travel - hopefully you've found a good balance from with the train / tube or other means. Thanks for the feedback - of course it's great to hear you're feeling the benefit and impact of the culture rep teams and as you say, we are not perfect but I believe we care about trying to do what is right. Finding the balance between fostering a local community and at the same time a truely global, scalable company is challenging - so the feedback helps us shape that in real time. The same goes for the flexible working structure - as you say highlighted by COVID - but again this is balance as a lot of the culture is fostered by the community / togetherness in an office in the first place - but I will make sure this goes back into the UK improvement loop. Please let us know if you have any specific ideas on how to make that work. Otherwise, thanks again for investing the time in doing this and your career with SWO. Hope you have a great rest of Q3 and H2! John.

4. "Great company"

I worked at SoftwareONE full-time

Pros

This is a company with great career potential

Cons

Can some time be inward looking and closed to new ideas

May 17, 2020Chief HR Officer

Thanks for the feedback! Please write directly to me or the Executive Board (Dieter, Alex, Hans, Neil) with any new ideas! we'd love to hear! Thanks, John.

5. "Good Place to Work For"

Former Employee - Administrative
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at SoftwareONE full-time

Pros

Good pay, good culture, good socials

Cons

High performers should be rewarded more

May 17, 2020Chief HR Officer

I'd love to hear what more we can do for our high performers! We have local reward programs & incentives as well as the global President's Club events. If you ever have the chance, please write to me directly. Wishing you every success and thanks for investing part of your career with us. John.

6. "Good company"

Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I worked at SoftwareONE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Big growth a lot of new services, good culture good people

Cons

Not enough resource due to growing pains

June 10, 2019Chief HR Officer

Thanks for taking the time to review - great that you see the culture and recognize the great people we have. If you have any specific comments on resource allocation as we grow, we'd love to hear from you directly to see if it is something we can address. Thanks again. John.

7. "A company that truly invests in it's people"

Current Employee - SAM Consultant in London, England

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have never worked for a company that lives and breathes its core values the way SoftwareONE does. It’s a company that really invests in its people and truly believes they are the foundation of what makes it successful. Having a global footprint creates a diversity and opportunities to work with employees and customers from around the world. At a recent global company event I attended there were 52 nationalities and 19 languages in one room. SoftwareONE continues to grow; going from strength to strength, but somehow manages to never lose its SWO family values and ethos, which are strongly endorsed and demonstrated by the leadership team. I genuinely feel everyone is empowered to make change and innovate within the organisation. Employees are given a voice and the right balance of autonomy and support to succeed on a personal level and to help the future success of the company.

Cons

I have no cons to report

8. "Enjoyable place to work"

Current Employee - Procurement Consultant

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible, people focused, compassionate. Fantastic culture and everybody willing to help wherever they can. Senior management very approachable.

Cons

Salaries are low compared to the market.

March 27, 2019Global Head of HR

Hi - I hope you are seeing the investment we are making in people with the new learning platform and access to platforms like UDEMY and Coursera. It's super important to us that we have happy, developed and productive people so if we are not taking care of that then please write to me directly. I believe our salary review and award process is fair - we use performance, market and industry data to support this - but we also look at total reward and culture and not just straight cash. Happy for you to go to your line leader or your People & Culture Partner if this does not meet your personal expectations - that way we can at least have a constructive discussion with you. Thank you again for investing the time in writing here and hope you have a great year ahead.

9. "Entrepreneurial Culture"

I have been working at SoftwareONE for more than a year

Pros

Friendly close knit family type business

Cons

Typical challenges business face

November 13, 2018Global Head of HR

Thanks for taking the time to post a review and provide feedback. It's great that you feel we are able to achieve a close culture. having said that - if you were comfortable, I would love to hear more from you about why we have not been able to meet 4 or 5 stars and how we could improve. Perhaps you could email me (in confidence) and give me or the team some specifics. Thanks again. John Mayes.

10. "The People Make the business"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wimbledon, England

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked at SoftwareONE for over 6 years and feel that as a business they value their employees tremendously. They were very supportive when I had a personal issue and felt that there was always someone for me to talk to if I needed it. The culture of the business is work hard and play harder. I love the fact there is a social event every month, a fantastic Xmas party along with a New Year and Mid Year kick off that allows everyone to get together. Everyone here at SoftwareONE UK is passionate about what we do and are fully dedicated to the business and the team mentality. There is always someone to help if needed and that is important. I also love the way that SoftwareONE is evolving as a business not just in the UK but also globally. The ideas and changes that are being made have a huge impact to daily workload and means our people can grow on a personal development level

Cons

Head Count approval can be slow which means that sometimes there is unnecessary pressure at critical times like month and quarter end

October 23, 2018Global Head of HR

"The People Make the business" - as a Services organization, this couldn't be more true. Attending a presentation today from one of our other Executive team, we discussed how many companies will say they have 'the best' people - for us I believe we do, but I would also say that those employees who are part of our family are right for our values and culture - it won't suit everyone. As long as you are pursuing your passions, are motivated and supported to be successful and can surround yourself with similar mindsets, then you will always be with 'the best' people. For the record - also noted on your comments on the non sales teams - new L&D investments as part of our 'People Pillar' and our comp plan which is structured to reward company performance are addressing some of this, but we will look to do more. Thank you again.

Found 403 reviews