SoftwareONE Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Dieter Schlosser
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "The People Make the business"

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked at SoftwareONE for over 6 years and feel that as a business they value their employees tremendously. They were very supportive when I had a personal issue and felt that there was always someone for me to talk to if I needed it.
    The culture of the business is work hard and play harder. I love the fact there is a social event every month, a fantastic Xmas party along with a New Year and Mid Year kick off that allows everyone to get together.
    Everyone here at SoftwareONE UK is passionate about what we do and are fully dedicated to the business and the team mentality. There is always someone to help if needed and that is important.
    I also love the way that SoftwareONE is evolving as a business not just in the UK but also globally. The ideas and changes that are being made have a huge impact to daily workload and means our people can grow on a personal development level

Cons

Head Count approval can be slow which means that sometimes there is unnecessary pressure at critical times like month and quarter end

Advice to Management

If you can invest more in the non field sales / back office staff productivity would increase as there would be more bandwidth to be proactive as opposed to reactive.

23 Oct 2018 – Global Head of HR

"The People Make the business" - as a Services organization, this couldn't be more true. Attending a presentation today from one of our other Executive team, we discussed how many companies will say... More

2. "Entrepreneurial Culture"

I have been working at SoftwareONE (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly close knit family type business

Cons

Typical challenges business face

Advice to Management

N/D

13 Nov 2018 – Global Head of HR

Thanks for taking the time to post a review and provide feedback. It's great that you feel we are able to achieve a close culture. having said that - if you were comfortable, I would love to hear... More

3. "Great culture."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wimbledon, England

Pros

This is the first company i've worked for where i actually feel like the business cares about thier employees. We frequently have enrichment activities, oppertunity to learn and there's such a good culture.

Cons

The workload can be alot and if you're new to the industry it is a lot to take in in the first 6 months but you're constantly learning and it's a good challenge.

Advice to Management

It can sometimes feel like the majority of reward goes to the sales people and while they should absolutely be recognised for their work the employees that get KPI's work just as hard. Other than that keep doing what you're doing.
    (Also a gym mebership included in benefits would be great)

23 Oct 2018 – Global Head of HR

I will speak to the local team about the 'Gym' under our future 'wellbeing' programs - however thank you for the comments and support regardless. We do work hard - it's partly why we are so... More

"Growing"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are great people here, both new to the business and some who have been around for 5+ years. There are great friendships in the UK. We have a great kick off each July and Christmas party, monthly drinks and celebrated the culture of one of our global countries every three months or so.

Cons

It acts like a small business in the UK sometimes. That's also a plus, because you can make a difference.

Advice to Management

Keep on getting professional. It's definitely improving, so keep it up, like investing in systems.

29 Aug 2017 – Global Head of HR

Dear Colleague - thanks for taking the time to share your feedback specifically for the UK. Very happy to see the cultural and social aspects are working well. We intentionally try to drive the... More

"Transformation is Never Easy"

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked for SoftwareONE for over 5 years and seen first first-hand how the company has built on its core capabilities of software licensing and SAM to evolve into becoming an established IT services and solutions company.

At the core of this transformation and vision is an entrepreneurial spirit and culture of innovation that encourages ideas and creativity.

One of the most exciting and rewarding parts of the job is working with some of the most exceptional people in the industry in their field of expertise. It gives you great confidence in the propositions and the results for clients.

The company also offers a flexible workstyle to help manage around personal and family commitments and is helpful if you just need to lock yourself in a bunker to get stuff done!

The international transfer program is another perk of working at SoftwareONE giving you the opportunity to work in another country on either a short term or long term basis. Several people from the UK have taken advantage of this moving to Sydney, LA, Singapore and New York.

Cons

The pace of change and transformation at SoftwareONE has caused issues and 'growing pains'

Aggressive growth targets can make the working environment highly pressurised.

New table tennis equipment has been bought for after work play and I'm rubbish at it.

Advice to Management

At a local level increase the frequency of internal comms with updates and good news from across the company's departments.

Develop and execute a clearer go to market strategy to help communicate to clients and prospects what makes SoftwareONE unique and different in the market place.

4 Sep 2017 – Global Head of HR

Hi - firstly, thank you for your commitment and loyalty to the company - 5 years is a significant invetsment. AsI have commented in other reviews, change is not easy but we are doing our best to... More

6. "Fab culture"

Pros

Culture, work life balance, team players!

Cons

Training can be poor, salary does not reflect the market

Advice to Management

Review salaries, training packs for new starters

"Good, improvements needed to make it great"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in London, England

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working for a truly international company with a great culture and great people, fast growth and ambitious plans. The sky is the limit.

Cons

There are still some gaps in management in some areas and recruitment often hire the wrong people or give the wrong expectations so end up with mismatches for the roles. Due to the fast growth, the operations side is always playing catchup which causes problems.

Advice to Management

Focus on empowering your people, rather than a top-down approach. Give local managers ability to lead and make decisions in their local markets

"It is sad to watch it's demise from the company it used to be"

Current Employee - BDM in Wimbledon, England
    Current Employee - BDM in Wimbledon, England

I have been working at SoftwareONE full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You can work at home.
    Other employees are friends for life.

Cons

Having worked at SoftwareONE for a long while now, it is really sad to see a company that once prided itself on their culture and employee happiness (and delivered on this) dwindle.

Higher Management:

Honestly, they are appalling. The UK sub is run by management that believe they have the right to be in management, yet they lack the skill or tact of leadership. They are over paid and under worked. They dictate instead of lead. They bully instead of encourage.

Culture:

What culture? SoftwareONE UK is full of miserable zombie like employees, all looking for new jobs, that are drained and tired from battling against management. There is no budget for culture building activities, all team night/activities are now self funded or non existent. There are no incentives and certainly no atmosphere on the sales floor. The only atmosphere you will get when visiting is the faint cries of the employees in the bathroom. ONEfamily...ONEepicfail

Salary and Benefits:

Wow, it would be easier to just skip this part. No salary reviews, no pay-rise plan, nothing. You get what you already have, though of course, you're expected to do double the work you did the year prior. In addition to this, all employee that are on a bonus model have 25% of their KPI resting on whether the company hit their EBITDA or not. They're not thinking of EBITDA when they are jetting off to presidents club, the ski trip or any other privileged events that most employees will never get to experience though. Benefits, fruit delivery! Yay

Potential new employees - AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!

Advice to Management

Don't forget where you came from

9. "Business Development Manager"

Pros

great team spirit and fun environment to work in. Great capabilities as a licensing solution provider

Cons

management changes and lack of depth in sales support meaning senior staff having to cold call lists

Advice to Management

listen to staff

"Started great but struggles with growth"

Former Employee - Senior Management in London, England
    Former Employee - Senior Management in London, England

I worked at SoftwareONE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company was an amazing place to work in the earlier days where dynamism, ambition and drive ran throughout the DNA of the company. They had a great ethos towards hard work, recognised high achievers who were both sales and non-sales staff, and genuinely had a customer focus that was unparalleled when compared to other resellers in the industry.

Cons

The aggressive growth of any company will always cause leavers along the way, but those from SoftwareONE could've been avoided had it not been for the fat levels that got added. The introduction of arduous financial processes and HR meant that SoftwareONE quickly took on a corporate feel that it had long battled to differentiate itself against. The consequent lack of investment into benefits commensurate with a corporate meant that it was essentially like working for a start up in respect of its disorganisation, inability to budget & lack of completeness of vision, but coupled with all of the bureaucracy, over engineered processes & heavy management structure of a corporate.

Advice to Management

Clean house with your senior management and review whether the vision you have is truly complete or not. Look after the originals who helped grow success rather than taking on lofty fat cats who sit above everyone for no real reason.