SolarCity Field Energy Advisor Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Lyndon Rive

"Field Energy Specialist"

Current Employee - Field Energy Advisor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can't think of one, except that maybe when Elon Musk re organizes this bunch of numbers driven managers maybe there will be something good in it. Right now, numbers driven managers have run the company into the ground because they failed to institute loan purchase programs and we are left in the dust. Even Sunrun has better solar loan programs.

Cons

They will use new people constantly to prop up their appt numbers, they discard the Field Energy Specialists as they become burned out and replace with new ones. They don't promote within, they bring in consultants from the outside. The managers stalk you at Home Depot to see if you are there on time and track you through their GPS tablets instead of motivating you. Not very professional, so unprofessional. Their...

Advice to Management

Go back to Wall Street.

SolarCity2017-01-11

"Unrealistic expectations"

Former Employee - Field Energy Advisor in Riverside, CA

I worked at SolarCity full-time

Pros

Company car. Gas card. Cell stipend. Training

Cons

Micro managed, fear mongering, poor leadership

Advice to Management

Coincidentally most of the management staff in the Inland Empire area are former Enterprise rent a car employees that promote themselves leaving no room of a realistic opportunity for anyone else to get promoted. That doesn't stop them from dangling that carrot, they preach that you can make $1,000.00 a deal if it is self generated (bunch of croc) I would average 4 self generated deals installed along with 4-5 company...

SolarCity2016-10-15

"Great entry-level job"

Current Employee - Field Energy Advisor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at SolarCity

Pros

Good pay, good company culture, brand name, product sells itself, growth

Cons

Standing all day, retail work environment, retro-commission, constant change could be good or bad (lately more restrictive).

Advice to Management

The training should be continuous. It seems to me that some regional management is out of sync with what the in store reps, and instead of helping us improve they try to micro-manage in ways that don't help us improve at all. If management seems lazy, unmotivated, and uninterested, so will those they manage.

SolarCity2016-01-18

"FES"

Current Employee - Field Energy Advisor in Newark, DE

I have been working at SolarCity (Less than a year)

Pros

good entry level position with competitive pay

Cons

frequent problems with sales software

SolarCity2015-11-15
  5. "Field energy advisor"

Former Employee - Field Energy Advisor in San Francisco, CA

I worked at SolarCity

Pros

Strong pay and good opportunities if you consider yourself a savvy salesman.

Cons

Management, my manager promised to move me from a shopping mall location for months without ever giving me that opportunity. All my other coworkers worked at Home Depots

Advice to Management

Overall not bad management, but keep your promises or your employees will see you as untrustworthy.

SolarCity2015-10-13
  6. "Best Residential solar company in the nation"

Current Employee - Field Energy Advisor in Denver, CO

I have been working at SolarCity full-time for more than a year

Pros

Extremely well taken care of. Amazing health care options and potential to make some killer money. You feel like not only are you saving the world but you're making a great living doing it.

Cons

You have to really throw yourself into the world of SolarCity. It takes commitment and dedication. It doesn't come easy.

Advice to Management

Longer and more in depth training! The newbies definitely get thrown into the fire.

SolarCity2015-10-05
  7. "Field Energy Specialist (FES)"

Current Employee - Field Energy Advisor in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very positive atmosphere to work in. Everyone is working to save the environment one roof at a time!

Cons

Can be a bit lonely at times. You deal with a lot of people who do not want to talk to you, but you can't let it get to you. Just focus on the bigger picture of what the company stands for.

Advice to Management

Be sure to provide in-depth on-site training about approaching customers and assisting with pitches.

SolarCity2015-06-17
  8. "Best company I've ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Field Energy Advisor in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at SolarCity

Pros

Awesome culture with great leaders. They give us all the tools to succeed and let us run, no micro-managing!

Cons

The base salary is a little low but in the end, the commission structure and benefits make up for it

SolarCity2015-04-03
  9. "My experience has been great due to the overwhelming support I get on a daily basis."

Current Employee - Field Energy Advisor in Denver, CO

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like working here because you make your own success. I am provided all the tools to succeed and I am able to really make my own schedule.

Cons

There are some really slow days but I use that time to research information related to my job and the solar industry.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

SolarCity2015-03-26

"Great Product, Poor Management"

Former Employee - Field Energy Advisor in Denver, CO

I worked at SolarCity full-time for more than a year

Pros

SolarCity is definitely changing the world in a positive way and I fully support their mission and their product. They provide good benefits, generous compensation and their company culture, although at times a bit cheesy, is for the most part positive.

Cons

In Colorado, the SolarCity management is an absolute joke. Management is constantly changing policies and sales goals on a whim, without giving lower level employees any time to adjust. The timeline for promotions was constantly changing and false expectations and promises were often made by mid level managers. In my time, SolarCity was able to bring in top notch talent but the scattered management style was so discouraging...

Advice to Management

Reevaluate the regional management. Just because someone has been with you from the beginning does not mean they are still the best person for the job.

SolarCity2015-02-19